Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39

Thread: German Weapons

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    moving..
    Posts
    24
    Merc. E63 AMG. Its an amazing car. But it looks a bit to plain for my taste. And thats where the CLS63 comes in. But out of the cars here, yeah the E63 is just right for me. Its got the most power as well. But i'd also be tempted by the Jag.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    4,000
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    S6. I wish it came with a manual, but I'll live. The M5 looks too complicated, I never liked Jaguars, and same thing for the Mercedes.

    I just wish the RS6 came out sooner. Other than that, The S6 is stunning.
    It's got paddle-shifters and a flick-shift mode
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

    Motion & Emotion

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    1,580
    cls63 amg

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    True North
    Posts
    7,682
    Quote Originally Posted by 092326001
    cls63 amg
    ...thats not in the comparison. YOU WILL PICK ONE!


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,699
    M5. I plan on staying with the BMW family.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

    ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Location: Location: (UK)
    Posts
    2,496
    M5, Mercs are terrible at the moment the Audi isn't in the same league and the Jag doesn't count because its not german.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Melbs, Aus
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    M5, Mercs are terrible at the moment the Audi isn't in the same league and the Jag doesn't count because its not german.
    Chief its not that hard to choose a vehicle. Dont get so into it

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,350
    The M5 just makes it for me. If it had a manual it would be the obvious choice. If it had no i-Drive or at the very least a much better i-Drive it would win hands down. And if they can get the styling sorted, that would just be the cherry on the cake.

    The E63's new V8 lays claim to having the highest specific-output of any production n/a V8 currently, which is obvious BS when considering the RS4 or Ferrari F430 (and I'm sure there's others). That alone kinda turns me against it. I'm also not a big fan of air suspension when it comes to high-performance cars, just my personal feeling. Looks wise, I think the E is in need of a new set of clothes too.

    The Audi sure, looks great, but it's looking more and more like a previous-gen A6 when I look at it, grille notwithstanding. Plus it has that V10 from the Lambo which isn't a bad thing, but just not cutting it in it's current state of tune. The heavy engine in front of the front axle can't bode well for handling either, at least not the handling I personally prefer. RS6 will probably be a whole different story though.

    The Jag, well what can I say? It doesn't look exciting, it's power isn't nearly enough to be considered exciting in this company nor has it evolved to new heights in all of 8(?) years, and it's a Jag pre new-XK-era. No contest there then.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    4,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooper
    The M5 just makes it for me. If it had a manual it would be the obvious choice. If it had no i-Drive or at the very least a much better i-Drive it would win hands down. And if they can get the styling sorted, that would just be the cherry on the cake.

    The E63's new V8 lays claim to having the highest specific-output of any production n/a V8 currently, which is obvious BS when considering the RS4 or Ferrari F430 (and I'm sure there's others). That alone kinda turns me against it. I'm also not a big fan of air suspension when it comes to high-performance cars, just my personal feeling. Looks wise, I think the E is in need of a new set of clothes too.

    The Audi sure, looks great, but it's looking more and more like a previous-gen A6 when I look at it, grille notwithstanding. Plus it has that V10 from the Lambo which isn't a bad thing, but just not cutting it in it's current state of tune. The heavy engine in front of the front axle can't bode well for handling either, at least not the handling I personally prefer. RS6 will probably be a whole different story though.

    The Jag, well what can I say? It doesn't look exciting, it's power isn't nearly enough to be considered exciting in this company nor has it evolved to new heights in all of 8(?) years, and it's a Jag pre new-XK-era. No contest there then.
    Ah, but the S6 has Quattro aand the Lamborghini Gallardo's V10 is uprated from a 5.0-V10 to a 5.2-V10 for Audi
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

    Motion & Emotion

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Ah, but the S6 has Quattro aand the Lamborghini Gallardo's V10 is uprated from a 5.0-V10 to a 5.2-V10 for Audi

    Yep, I know. I'm personally not a huge fan of AWD though.

    The 5.2 V10 as in the S6 also produces 313kW instead of the usual 367kW the 5.0 V10 produces in the Gallardo. It does have 20N.m. more (520N.m.) though.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    It's got paddle-shifters and a flick-shift mode
    It's still missing a pedal.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Ah, but the S6 has Quattro aand the Lamborghini Gallardo's V10 is uprated from a 5.0-V10 to a 5.2-V10 for Audi

    Just found some data panels of roadandtrack, couldn't find any on the S6 unfortunately.

    The M5 has a near perfect 52/48 f/r weight distribution with a 180lbs. driver included.

    The A6 3.2 Quattro has a not-bad-either 56/44 f/r weight distribution, also with a 180lbs. driver included. The S6 has a heavier engine though, so can we expect a weight distribution of 57/43 or maybe 58/42? Nose a tad too heavy for my liking.


    PS: I see the M6 has a 54/46 weight distribution which is surprising. I was expecting at least 51/49 considering the special materials used etc. Little disappointed...
    Attached Files Attached Files

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Melbs, Aus
    Posts
    477
    M5:507 BHP, 4.6 0-100, 1830kg's
    E63:510 BHP, 4.4 0-100, 1840kg's
    S6:420 BHP, 5.1 0-100, 1910kg's
    Super V8:400 BHP, 5.0 0-100,1689kg's

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by h22a
    M5:507 BHP, 4.6 0-100, 1830kg's
    E63:510 BHP, 4.4 0-100, 1840kg's
    S6:420 BHP, 5.1 0-100, 1910kg's
    Super V8:400 BHP, 5.0 0-100,1689kg's

    Manufacturer claims?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Melbs, Aus
    Posts
    477
    nar, just info from this site and drive.com.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. German cars VS American cars
    By Swissbeatz in forum Car comparison
    Replies: 284
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 08:43 AM
  2. The New Audi RS4 vs. German Speed Skater Claudia Pechstein
    By QuattroMan in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 04:58 PM
  3. German licence plate system
    By Revo in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 11:04 AM
  4. german for noobs
    By drakkie in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 11:39 AM
  5. Which is the best german Trade Mark?
    By Solidus in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 04:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •