Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sure the caparo t1 can brake and corner doing 3G´s-but can your neck?

Sure the caparo t1 can brake and corner doing 3G´s-but can your neck?

hey- i know the car isn´t in production and all that. but say they produce it, and people buy it. its probably not wise to explore the car´s limits without the rigorous physical training a pro driver gets, right? that kind of forces are a bit too much for the average person, arent they?
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

No I think fighter planes experiance more Gs...

fighter plane pilots can sustain about 8 g's for a few seconds. They also have absolutely nothing in common with average people. And yes cornering at three g's would not be an experience to be taken lightly for anyone, and for many people it would even be dangerous. Anyone with a heart or back condition would probably not be able to drive it. I'm in great shape but I almost black out on some rollercoasters 3 gs is alot.

From what I understand, the average person can take 5-7Gs, but at that point is on the verge of passing out. I would think that 3Gs in the corners would be too much for the casual drive, but the casual driver won't be buying a T1.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    No I think fighter planes experiance more Gs...
    Yes, but fighter pilots have to undergo a LOT or rigorous training and wear G-suits to be able to cope with the sorts of forces they go through, so it's not really comparable.

As for the Caparo, firstly they are just claims that it will be able to corner at 3G, it remains to be seen whether they will actually be able to do it in reality.

Secondly, if it can corner as fast as that it will only be in maximum downforce settings with the stickiest tyres available, so for a less experienced/fit driver it should be easy enough to set the car's limits much lower if necessary.

Thirdly, just because a car is capable of producing ridiculous cornering speeds it doesn't mean that the driver has to actually drive it that hard. For the "average driver" with no experience of those kinds of cornering forces it is unlikely that they'll have the balls to drive it to the limits of the car, at least not without a LOT of practice and driver training. Or if they do have the balls to drive it that hard straight out of the box then they're probably slightly nuts anyway and will end up buried in the tyre wall/armco before they even know what happened!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    As for the Caparo, firstly they are just claims that it will be able to corner at 3G, it remains to be seen whether they will actually be able to do it in reality.
    Well from what I've heard bouncing about PistonHeads, the prototype they have just run is exceeding their expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Well from what I've heard bouncing about PistonHeads, the prototype they have just run is exceeding their expectations.
    It has the potential to be simply the fastest production track car ever made. Five hundred horses for a thousand pound car and a chassis designed entirely for racing. I've always wondered why something like this hasn't been produced before.

Is this thing supposedly faster than a McLaren F1?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    It has the potential to be simply the fastest production track car ever made. Five hundred horses for a thousand pound car and a chassis designed entirely for racing. I've always wondered why something like this hasn't been produced before.
    It's road legal, so it'd be the fastest road car. Though I understand what you mean .. it's a track focused car but what makes it so hard to engineer is that it also has to be road legal.

@NSX: There is no doubt whatsoever that it WILL beat a McLaren F1 in everything except top-speed (from a performance perspective). Top-speed was very ... 1990s. Now people are realising cornering and acceleration are a tad more important.
    Last edited by :Exige:; 10-27-2006 at 02:36 PM.

If you're riding in a car that can pull 3G's in a corner, you and your passengers better be straped in...unless you wanna go flying out the window mid corner!!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    If you're riding in a car that can pull 3G's in a corner, you and your passengers better be straped in...unless you wanna go flying out the window mid corner!!!
    1) Doesn't have windows
    2) I think that is the case with pretty much any car if you don't strap someone in, even at sedate speeds.

It's road legal, so it'd be the fastest road car. Though I understand what you mean .. it's a track focused car but what makes it so hard to engineer is that it also has to be road legal.

@NSX: There is no doubt whatsoever that it WILL beat a McLaren F1 in everything except top-speed (from a performance perspective). Top-speed was very ... 1990s. Now people are realising cornering and acceleration are a tad more important.
    Okay then. Did the Veyron ever beat the McLaren at top speed? Because there's lots of speculation that many road cars can do 250, but has any of them really done 250+?

This situation is like the superfighterplanes, like the Eurofighter Typhoon and the F-22 Raptor. The abilities of the planes far exceed the limits of the pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    Okay then. Did the Veyron ever beat the McLaren at top speed? Because there's lots of speculation that many road cars can do 250, but has any of them really done 250+?

This situation is like the superfighterplanes, like the Eurofighter Typhoon and the F-22 Raptor. The abilities of the planes far exceed the limits of the pilots.
    The veyron has hit 253MPH...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    The veyron has hit 253MPH...
    Owned by The_Canuck?! That makes it twice as gold!

Owned by The_Canuck?! That makes it twice as gold!
    No, I was asking whether or not the Veyron did indeed hit 250+. I never said it wouldn't hit it.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 10-27-2006 at 03:33 PM.

Thread Information