Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: An Ugly Veyron? No Way.

haha, justice is served ,
    cant wait till they put the pic on cnn
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Yeah, I'm talking about the Roller that appears later.. And yes, about 8miles north of GoodWood. I've walked the path allround the factory, quite cool, duff shells of the Phantoms and the staff go round the site in Factory owned Mini Coopers. How cool is that!
    Cool. I bet it gets quite busy around you during summer, with the Festival of Speed at the estate and the Revival at the track.

Why are there 10 million threads about the Bugatti Veyron?
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Fanboi's.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Fanboi's.
    Just think if it had a 1.8T instead of a W8
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

The W16 is secretly 4 1.8T's welded together.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Cool. I bet it gets quite busy around you during summer, with the Festival of Speed at the estate and the Revival at the track.
    Yeah, damn right it does... No point with cars at that time of year. Bike'll eat a Bugatti Veyron for breakfast. - It's true
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

South Surrey, B.C, Canada. A place where you will see Cookie Monster eating cheese. If you're lucky, that is.
    Seriously, YOU'RE JOKING, that is ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Caterham CSR260 + sticky tyres = faster than a Koenigsegg
    That's what I meant. There are cars that can be faster than a Veyron.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    That's the biggest load of bullsh*t I've ever heard. It is by no means a 'focused track car'. Gordon Murray himself said that usability on the road was more important than on the track. Watch the Tiff Nidell vid on YouTube with him testing it before Top Gear got silly. I have no doubt the Veyron could beat the McLaren around a track ... the McLaren has softer suspension setup for usability where as the Veyron has a solid setup.

The Veyron corners much better than you'd think, mainly because of weight distribution and suspension ridgidity i would presume. However, I'd still take the McLaren because the Veyron is boring. Want to go extremely fast in an unexciting way? Save yourself £859,600 and buy a £300 plane ticket and 3x the top speed for your money.
    Either way, all that weight has got to have a penalty on the car, no?

In any racing car the general formula for a fast car is usually by making it light and powerful. The Veyron's got the power, I'm not sure about the light though. In any extent, weight is always an enemy in a car you want to make fast. I really don't understand your point. Weight is usually shunned. People drill holes in the frame of a car to make it lighter. Going by what you say, you actually want to have an overweight car? I really don't understand your point. Could you explain it please?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R

In any racing car the general formula for a fast car is usually by making it light and powerful. The Veyron's got the power, I'm not sure about the light though. In any extent, weight is always an enemy in a car you want to make fast. I really don't understand your point. Weight is usually shunned. People drill holes in the frame of a car to make it lighter. Going by what you say, you actually want to have an overweight car? I really don't understand your point. Could you explain it please?
    Dude, the Veyron is VERY fast around a track.

Nothing a chipped 1.8T couldn't handle...
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Yes, the weight will have a penalty on the car, but as I said that is overcome with power, a decent suspension setup and some fine weight distribution.

I personally wouldn't say the generally forumla for a fast car is by making it light and powerful. As Matra once told me, what does an 800hp, 1200hp and 1800hp Skyline have in common? 1/4 mile times. The general formula is getting as much effective horsepower from a car, ie. Getting power to the road. A 600bhp, 500kg Lotus Exige would get its ass completley owned by a 190bhp standard 750kg Exige, because you can't get that much power down in a light car, and you'll just get a car that oversteers excessively.

The Veyron has the weight to be able to apply 1001bhp to the road in a civilized way, though IMO it does it in a far too civilized way and ends up making it boring. Have you ever taken a radio-control car or slot car and taken off as much as you can until you have just the bare essentials? You end up with something that cant drive in a straight line. The principle is the same when it comes to putting power down in a real car.

Okay, I get your point. I don't like the Veyron either. I find it too isolated from the road and it gets, as you said, boring.

Okay, I get your point. I don't like the Veyron either. I find it too isolated from the road and it gets, as you said, boring.
    Wow! You got to drive a Veyron?! That is totally awesome!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information