Thread: Help with a research...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help with a research...

Ok guys, I need your help. You see, I have to search the net for...

As your third homework activity, I would like you to search the net for a site (article, audio file, video etc.) of interest on The Integration of Technology in Teaching and Learning.

but now I'm tired and I'm going to bed...
    Tomorrow I'll search for something, but I thought that having some helps and suggestions to start with would have been... nice.
    So, if you can help me, I'll appreciate that.

Thanks to all, and good night!

P.S.: this homework is not for tomorrow, but, you know...

http://www.blackboard.com - It's basically like a place for teachers to put course files, like an electronic text book where you can post reminders and homeworks too. That's all I'm contributing ... you can to the rest yourself you lazy bas**rd

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    http://www.blackboard.com - It's basically like a place for teachers to put course files, like an electronic text book where you can post reminders and homeworks too. That's all I'm contributing ... you can to the rest yourself you lazy bas**rd

I hate Blackboard - I had a few teachers who used it in high school. I can't tell you why I hate it; I seem to have banished those memories from my mind.

My chemistry teacher this semester uses www.thinkwell.com ("The Next Generation Text Book"); it is one of the many reasons I dislike that class.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    My entire campus uses that crap and I hate it. Half the professors can't figure it out and it takes a week for grades to get posted.

Try document databases like ebscohost.com or proquest.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

it probably took longer to create this thread than it would have taken to find a site.

Or something like www.howstuffworks.com .. or a dissertation on www.wikipedia.com - how it could be the worlds greatest resourse if people didn't keep making things up on it...

Indeed, Blackboard is a pile of shite. However, the absence of shite was not specified in the first post so it'll do

Try and searcjh for the two electronic learning environments I have worked with so far. They were called Smartschool and N@tschool.

For my current education technology and electronica is present in every phase of the day We have a personal email,network-login, 50 MB spot for data storage on the school network and more. Assignments are entered digitally,the tasks taken from the network. There are Word-files,slideshows,Excel-sheets,everything you can imagine. All these are accesible by using your personal login and FTP. And if you have a laptop,you can acces them everywhere inside the school using the wireless network. Last week i had forgotten to turn something in at home. The teacher showed a table with people that didnt enter it on the beamer. I decided to enter it and it changed realtime Noone would have imagined that 50 years ago !!! I must say,it is damn well worked out at my school too 10 MB/s + download speeds

If you need any more info about it,just contact me.

Edit:
    try this website too:
    http://www.threeships.com/nar.asp?rs...n_classic.html
    http://natschool.hro.nl (my login site)
    Last edited by drakkie; 10-30-2006 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Send your network admins an email and tell them that they are assholes. No site or whatever should require IE6 and MSXML3.
    And if that website is indeed based on Blackboard then it should work flawlessly on any browser/OS combination. God I hate people who only design for the worst browser in the world with no respect for standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    Send your network admins an email and tell them that they are assholes. No site or whatever should require IE6 and MSXML3.
    And if that website is indeed based on Blackboard then it should work flawlessly on any browser/OS combination. God I hate people who only design for the worst browser in the world with no respect for standards.
    A standalone version is also available from the school FTP-network Besides that most people use IE so i dont really see the problem

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    A standalone version is also available from the school FTP-network Besides that most people use IE so i dont really see the problem
    A school should be platform independant. They should be able to provide their content/services to everyone. Not only to the people who use IE on Windows. NOT everybody uses IE and Windows. Especially in higher education.

Hi to all, I'm here to say "Thanks" to all of you, you were the only people who were there to help me. Thanks, thanks for your support. I'd be nowhere without you.

A bit awardish, if you know what I mean. Which you probably don't...

Anyway, thanks to all of you, and sorry if you're reading this just now, but I've been busy with Uni lately, so I had just a little free time.

Bye & Thanks (said while bowing...)

P.S.: now I also know that Blackboard.com is shiP...

^Same as Blackboard then

Thread Information