Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Their Arrows Will Blot Out The Sun!

Their Arrows Will Blot Out The Sun!

...then we will fight in the shade
    sry if repost
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDiUG52ZyHQ
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Looks like a good action flick about the Spartans. Judging by the trailer, they're gonna add a lot of fictional beasts and characters...as if an action movie about ancient Greece's greatest warriors wasn't interesting enough. I'll go see it.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

hahaha... looks like another horribly inaccurate movie about ancient Rome/Sparta/Troy/Greece, which i will probably end up paying $10 to see because they're so entertaining. but, um, ultimatecarpage.com?

Wow, thats another $7 down the drain, but for a good cause
    I'm a real boy!

I seen the trailer yesterday. It seems like a good movie, but just not my cup of tea as they say.

I didn't like lord of the rings either.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Reading the actual story from a 200 year old book written in ancient greek ,which took me 4 months, was so much more worth my time than this 2 min. trailer...

They even got the simplest things around like weapons and shields completely wrong

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Reading the actual story from a 200 year old book written in ancient greek ,which took me 4 months, was so much more worth my time than this 2 min. trailer...

They even got the simplest things around like weapons and shields completely wrong
    The movie is NOT intended to be an historical account of the Battle of Thermopylae, it is an adaptation of the comic book series "300" by Frank Miller which was itself loosely based on an old 60s movie. It is deliberately intended to be an original mixture of history, myth and fantasy. Personally I think visually it looks sensational from the promo clip, captures the Miller style brilliantly. I hope the final product lives up to the hype.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    it is an adaptation of the comic book series "300" by Frank Miller which was itself loosely based on an old 60s movie.
    scuse me, i didnt know that If you have Rome: Total War you should try and recreate the battle. You will find it almost impossible to command your warriors the way it was done

I am all for historical accuracy WHEN NEEDED, but if you are going theatrical effects only, then you gotta go full out.

So I like my movies either REALLY REALLY ACCURATE, or REALLY REALLY THEATRICAL (liek this one). Any ones in between gets turned into a shithole of ambigouity (**** that word).
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling

So I like my movies either REALLY REALLY ACCURATE, or REALLY REALLY THEATRICAL (liek this one). Any ones in between gets turned into a shithole of ambigouity (**** that word).
    you need firefox 2.0

this movie does look very good though. any idea when in 2007 its out?
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    this movie does look very good though. any idea when in 2007 its out?
    9th March according to the trailer.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    9th March according to the trailer.
    hmm, must of dozed off by then

cheers
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Looks very cool. Still more pumped about The Prestige though. Got quite high hopes for that.

another movie I'll spend $16 dollars to go to then not watch as I do very bad things to my girlfriend in the back corner

300 The Movie

I saw the movie last night at an advanced screening and it is safe to say it was awesome. It takes an ancient battles and transforms it to a beautiful, but ruthless, art. I highly recommend everyone goes and sees the movie as it has the coolest fight scenes ever, but the light of heart should turn away. Of course parts are far fetched, but come on, after you see it you will be saying who cares. This movie is bloody, outrageous, surprising, and everything a great war movie should be. I believe cool is a true understatement.
    Discuss

Thread Information