Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: Quiggs will like this Elise

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Northampton, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,989
    Best. Lotus. EvAr!!1!

    Oh yea. This whole 1.8T debate...

    There were a ton of engine codes for 1.8T's, depending on what turbo it had, if it was transverse or longitudinal, and if it was in a VW, Audi or whatever else. Aside from the turbo, they were all the same

    K03 turbo= 150hp
    K03S = 180hp
    K04 = 225hp
    Last edited by Quiggs; 11-01-2006 at 08:36 PM.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

    The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

    Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,067
    I remember seeing under the bonnet of an Audi TT, and noticing how anodyne it looked- that was a 1.8T 20v.

    Also, my ickle model car had a 5v turbo 1.8 too

    I'd like to be in that Elise when it got moving... the turbo kick must be wayyyyy cool

    *rushes out to Peugeot to fit 1.8T*

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Best. Lotus. EvAr!!1!

    Oh yea. This whole 1.8T debate...

    There were a ton of engine codes for 1.8T's, depending on what turbo it had, if it was transverse or longitudinal, and if it was in a VW, Audi or whatever else. Aside from the turbo, they were all the same

    K03 turbo= 150hp
    K03S = 180hp
    K04 = 225hp
    Where's the Seat Leon's 210hp 1.8T at?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    East Sussex, England
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Where's the Seat Leon's 210hp 1.8T at?
    I thought the Leon has 225?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Forks
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    yes..
    no, 5 cylinders, not too much, not too little -jokes-
    United States of Trance

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    TUJUNGA, CALIFORNIA U.S of A.
    Posts
    4,208
    Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220
    if only honda were smart like taht wit the NSX. sick though
    that is why its called "honda", the most boring cars ever...
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Deerfield Beach, Florida
    Posts
    5,802
    Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan
    that is why its called "honda", the most boring cars ever...
    ZZzz.... ZZzz....

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arkansas, Conway, not so bad, really.
    Posts
    954
    Well, thanks 'fellas for giving me this wonderful Elise lesson. I heard years back some company was importing the series-1 Elise with the Honda engine, but who ever got one over here in the states? Ask somebody about a Lotus over here and they'll ask why anybody would want a car that goes underwater and shoots missiles straight up...

    I'd also read a gang of plucky Brits were considering the Hayabusa-derived V8 to drop into the Elise. I'd love to read more about that project, and any other uses for the engine. (300 hp golf cart, anyone?)

    Wonder if one would fit my Fiat X 1/9... Wonder how quickly both rear wheels would part company with the rest of the car if it would.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Down Under
    Posts
    8,833
    Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    Well, thanks 'fellas for giving me this wonderful Elise lesson. I heard years back some company was importing the series-1 Elise with the Honda engine, but who ever got one over here in the states? Ask somebody about a Lotus over here and they'll ask why anybody would want a car that goes underwater and shoots missiles straight up...
    I think the question is more who wouldn't want one.

    Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    I'd also read a gang of plucky Brits were considering the Hayabusa-derived V8 to drop into the Elise. I'd love to read more about that project, and any other uses for the engine. (300 hp golf cart, anyone?)
    Check out ZCars. (IIRC it's zcars.co.uk) I seem to remember them building an Ultima with a pair of them, also a Mini with just a single 'Busa engine in the boot.

    Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    Wonder if one would fit my Fiat X 1/9... Wonder how quickly both rear wheels would part company with the rest of the car if it would.
    Depends on the rust. If it's bad rust, probably wouldn't take long. If it's normal Fiat rust, then instantaenously.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Midland Ontario Canada.
    Posts
    1,305
    Could you fit a turbo 13b under there?
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    brisbane - sub-tropical land of mangoes
    Posts
    16,251
    you could with enough money but there's not much reason to.
    i'll just have an exige with a K20A
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    No(r)way.
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    Could you fit a turbo 13b under there?
    you have a spare one right??

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    Could you fit a turbo 13b under there?
    No.

    Purely because we hate you.


  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan
    that is why its called "honda", the most boring cars ever...
    What?

    Have you ever come near a Type-R, S2000 or NSX? Sorry to sound cliché, but I got my first go in an Integra Type-R over the weekend. My God that thing is brutal. If it was a girl, I'd... no... I won't say.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    What?

    Have you ever come near a Type-R, S2000 or NSX? Sorry to sound cliché, but I got my first go in an Integra Type-R over the weekend. My God that thing is brutal. If it was a girl, I'd... no... I won't say.
    Sack her off? Seriously. If I had to describe Mrs. VtecMini as 'brutal', she'd be out on her arse, pronto.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Lotus Elise street racer
    By carsnut in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 09:16 PM
  2. Lotus Elise Sport Racer
    By 6'bore in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 11:29 AM
  3. Lotus Elise 'Load Lugga'
    By shockwaveracing in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 04:28 PM
  4. Lotus update Elise for '06 (inc CUP HOLDERS!)
    By Jack_Bauer in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 10:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •