Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well thats one GT500 that will not need killing by a Z06

Well thats one GT500 that will not need killing by a Z06

Well I think he gets the "milk was a bad choice" award for the week.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-ZT5mQLy5C4

oh...my...god, i'd be so p*ssed off if that happened to me

ROFLCOPTER

Why didn't he just hit the brakes? Oh wait hes 14......
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Guest Guest
    just seen a several page thread on this on another Forum

Anyway, i am 15, and can drive a Manual, why? because my Dad took me to an abondoned Airfeild with an old VW Golf to teach me. The first 5 times i stalled, like everyone does, then i got the knack of it and haven't stalled since (...well, i did leave it in gear, put the handbrake on and start it once ). There is no way that the kid would be able to move the car forward on his first time, and perhaps he though you needed alot of the throttle to get it moving, how would he know?

The father knows the kid doesn't have any experience, and that that car has a LOT of power, he is stupid for letting the kid drive it, if he can drive a manual, im sure he stalled it a few times, too. Letting him in that car is a stupid idea in such a confined space, and although the kid probably shouldn't of said he can drive a manual, he will because his dad has a nice new car HE want's to drive. He understands about slipping the clutch out, but, because of lack of practice he WILL cock it up.

I just noticed that the papers were still in the window. I wonder if he had time to get insurance for it. If it was delivered of course.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

It was a regular GT that was modded those are FR500's on the car not GT500 rims.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

That was not a smart move. Start your kid on something cheap and in a much more open space.

Well the kid didn't try to start the car.

He just turned on the engine and the car was on first gear. A small displacement engine would stall. But the GT500 engine starts pumping fuel in order NOT to stall.

The same thing happens with the Carrera GT. Because the flywheel was so light, the car stalled all the time. So, the journalists were told to just put it in first gear without applying acceleration. The car did the rest on its own.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

It's not a GT500 tho. Where did you read the thing about the fuel?
    How can you say he didn't try to start the car? He dropped the clutch and hit the gas. If it started in gear, the starter motor would have made the car move.

Thats what the window sticker would look like if it were a GT500.
    Last edited by johnnynumfiv; 11-03-2006 at 11:37 AM.

yes a car like that should have a system where the starter won't turn unless the clutch is depressed. My 91 camaro has it and it prevents stupid people from starting the torquey V8 in gear.
    Jakg, you don't understand, an engine like that can start in gear and will take off just like that, that was most likely a start from idle with no clutch. Very different from a 4 cyl vw. That v8 makes so much torque that the problem isn't stalling, its not breaking lose the tires every time you accel.

What a retard. Honestly.

At least the car wasn't damaged... but still a heroic act of stupidity!

I would never let my kid behind the wheel of my car if it was a) in a confined area and b) over 1.4 in engine size!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    It's not a GT500 tho. Where did you read the thing about the fuel?
    How can you say he didn't try to start the car? He dropped the clutch and hit the gas. If it started in gear, the starter motor would have made the car move.
    Possibly the handbrake was on when he started it so that the car didn't move until the engine turned over? Then the engine would pump fuel in order not to stall and accelerate like that.

That sucks. My cousin started a car in reverse and backed into a neighbor's garage the same way... in a 4 cylinder '86 Accord.

Don't ask me how, but they're lucky the garage door was there and that's the only thing that they needed to fix.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 11-03-2006 at 02:48 PM.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Jakg, you don't understand, an engine like that can start in gear and will take off just like that, that was most likely a start from idle with no clutch. Very different from a 4 cyl vw. That v8 makes so much torque that the problem isn't stalling, its not breaking lose the tires every time you accel.
    i probably am wrong, but if that's the case then even more the dads fault - if he knew that would happen, or the sheer power it has, then he should know he cannot trust someone who has little (or more likely no) driving experience to drive it

Thank god for those American houses made out of paper. The car seems to be somewhat ok..

Thread Information