Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 151

Thread: You will puke.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,773

    You will puke.

    Watch any of these videos featuring the guy in the lab coat. Seriously, there is so much wrong with this I don't even know where to start.

    I must admit, it does make for decent comedy. I'm glad that anyone who might take him seriously is already on his side.

    Edit: I won't give a synopsis, just watch a bit of it. You really don't need to watch it all to get an idea of how heinous it is.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    For Tax Purposes, Cayman Islands
    Posts
    14,579
    Yep.......Some people don't deserve life, let alone the internet.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    1,693
    Wow. Just wow.

    I'd love to lock him in a room with Richard Dawkins for a day and see what happens.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    2,038
    One in the knee; two in the head.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

    When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,272
    It's funny, until you remember that a very large number of people actually believe this stuff is true.

    Christian "Scientists" are the most vile and hypocritical of them all though, because they will accept scientific theory and proof on something like - burning hydrogen in air produces water - but refute carbon dating because it proves the Bible wrong.

    You can't just pick and choose - it is either all magic, or all science.

    I think that Christians should be sent too a small desolate corner of the Earth and told to live their lives in total accordance with the Bible, no science allowed at all, since it is the work of Satan.

    Then we'll see how their "mighty" god fairs at keeping them alive.

    FSM would eat Jesus for breakfast.

    Combat global warming - become a Pirate, Yarrr!
    Thanks for all the fish

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,608
    Darn, and I just cleaned that trash can too...

    I didn't watch any of them, but I have a pretty good idea what they're about. Just this past week there was a guy on Grounds stating that believing in evolution was "intellectual suicide." He tried to justify the impossibility of evolution through the second law of thermodynamics (things tend towards entropy, or increased randomness) (among other reasons), but the more I think about the statement, the less sense it makes. But then, the same guy said we were all going to Hell because we go to the movies. He attracted quite a crowd; definitely one of the more entertaining evangelists we've had visit Grounds in a while. Some people tried to engage him in debate, but they may as well have tried to debate with a wall. So mostly he just got heckled.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

    My favorite color is chrome.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,272
    You can prove that evolution exists by doing it your self.

    Get a Labrador and a Poodle to, ahem, "get busy", et voila, new species - the Labradoodle!

    Suck it, Jesus!
    Thanks for all the fish

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Get a Labrador and a Poodle to, ahem, "get busy", et voila, new species - the Labradoodle!
    Don't be silly, the Labradoodle was on Noah's Ark. Along with the dinosaurs and the Loch Ness Monster....
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg
    Posts
    9,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Don't be silly, the Labradoodle was on Noah's Ark. Along with the dinosaurs and the Loch Ness Monster....
    You missed Chewbacca.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

    (Ted Joans)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    It's funny, until you remember that a very large number of people actually believe this stuff is true.

    Christian "Scientists" are the most vile and hypocritical of them all though, because they will accept scientific theory and proof on something like - burning hydrogen in air produces water - but refute carbon dating because it proves the Bible wrong.

    You can't just pick and choose - it is either all magic, or all science.

    I think that Christians should be sent too a small desolate corner of the Earth and told to live their lives in total accordance with the Bible, no science allowed at all, since it is the work of Satan.

    Then we'll see how their "mighty" god fairs at keeping them alive.

    FSM would eat Jesus for breakfast.

    Combat global warming - become a Pirate, Yarrr!
    Wow, I can't believe that you think all Christians as a whole believe this way, maybe if you would check into some time there are Christians who accept scientific beliefs and still believe in God. Science may be the work of Satan in some societies but not all so don't generalize the religion like that.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,272
    Funniest argument I ever heard -

    "All the animals couldn't fit on the arc, so Noah took some "key" species and most of today's animals evolved from them..."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for all the fish

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    198
    What's unbelievable is how much spread out is this all over the US and the influence they have in society and politics. Personally, it's a worrying thought that they seem to be becoming a majority
    Live for Speed - Online Racing Simulator
    http://www.liveforspeed.net

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Wow, I can't believe that you think all Christians as a whole believe this way, maybe if you would check into some time there are Christians who accept scientific beliefs and still believe in God. Science may be the work of Satan in some societies but not all so don't generalize the religion like that.
    You can't pick and choose.

    Either you believe in God & Jesus and you follow the Bible, or you aren't a Christian.

    I'd agree that not everyone has the same beliefs regarding the actual explanation of how things like the creation of the world happened.

    You can't just pluck bits from the religion that you like and drop bits you don't, otherwise I'd be happy to be Christian, so long as I don't have to believe in God, or Jesus. I'll take living for 600 years in the style of Noah, and the power to convert water into wine though.

    Thanks for all the fish

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    You can't pick and choose.

    Either you believe in God & Jesus and you follow the Bible, or you aren't a Christian.

    I'd agree that not everyone has the same beliefs regarding the actual explanation of how things like the creation of the world happened.

    You can't just pluck bits from the religion that you like and drop bits you don't, otherwise I'd be happy to be Christian, so long as I don't have to believe in God, or Jesus. I'll take living for 600 years in the style of Noah, and the power to convert water into wine though.

    Actually the Presbyterian sanction of Christianity believes in God and Jesus, but does not have faith in words of the Bible as it has been changed by certain people to conform to their societies. Also all the different types of Christianity pluck bits from parts and emphasize on that so how can you say that you cannot do that? I think you are being a little harsh, just because you don't believe in it doesn't mean you can ridicule something so harshly. I myself am not a model Christian by any means, but your assumptions are a little off and disrespectful to members of the forum.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,894
    Yes, I did puke. Thank you for finding such rubbish.

    In any extent, I don't believe in Creationism so please don't let my opinions offend anyone.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •