Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddam recieves Death Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel
    Edit: Oh, one more thing. Clevor, you don't have to lecture me on German history. I'm Polish, I know it much better than I would like too.
    Something I won't debate
    Edit:Not everyone knows the full story how Hitler came to power, As already said it was hardly without its mitigating circumstances.
    Last edited by "Clevor" Angel; 11-05-2006 at 04:21 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Like anyone cares, here's my ideas. The death sentence is bad in the sense that someone's life is going down the shitter, but its good in the sense that the rest of the country's tax dollars are no longer supporting that criminal. Now, I think its far worse to be in jail for a lifetime than to be executed. I value my life, and personally I would much rather be shot dead, than to spend the rest of my days in a jail cell. IMO it would be far more degrading to be alive and in that situation, than to just be finished off completely.
    As for Saddam, why does the American government want him gone so badly, other than economical reasons. He kept Iraq in order fairly well, did he not? Every country has their share of people that have committed serious crimes that they should be tried for, but among those that should also be considered for questioning are members of U.S. government itself as well, no? I imagine if there were other countries more powerful than the U.S., someone would have dug Bush out of a hole and brought him home to be hanged too.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I know many of you are far better informed on this subject than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    LOL, I heard on BBC he's got 31 days to protest(?) (can't remember the word but something like that) also wander if they gonna show it Live on TV?
    Even if it isn't we can guarantee it will be on the internet within 48hrs. Just like the truck driver who had his head cut off by Iraqi insurgents. BTW thats not a good video to watch...
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

The Iraqis did their best in trialing their former dictator. There were mistakes, but no-one should question the legal force and validity of the sentence. Even if not all the accusations were true, for every single of them Saddam should've been sentenced for the highest possible punishment. In Iraqi law it means death by hanging.
    That punishment may seem to severe for some. Organisations like Amnesty International (which actually I was a member for some time) probably already prepare petitions to save Saddam. It's easy to condemn death penalty, watching tv in your cozy flat in some peaceful, lawful european country. But Bagdad is today a totally different world. There are hundreds of hordes roaming the streets, of which only some are religious warriors, terrorists or rebels with a cause. Most of them are merely bandits, murdering, kidnapping, torturing and raping only to get money or kudos. And they feel totally unpunished.
    Believing that this situation can be solved using civilized, "european" methods is simply stupid and irresponsible.
    Who is responsible for causing the calamity you describe that has beset Iraq since their previous leader was deposed?
    Not Saddam, that's for sure

Will those who ARE responsible for this untold suffering ever face trial?
    Not ever, that's a given

Equity is more than just a european concept, whether judicial or in the broad. But equitable accountability for this American-imposed disaster that is Iraq is not part of the justice-equasion is it? So the secular loser gets permanently removed, while those equally murderous religious-fundamentalist victors etc in Washington are free to continue peddling their slimy lies to the world, by God. And as they eliminate the previous Iraq leader, I note the Americans have recently legislated to eliminate Iraq itself out of its own oil profits

Which is hardly a surprise, because that's neo-geo-politics .. American-style

His life should be wasted like he wasted his people's lives.

Death is, in some cases, not a sentence at all, but a full stop - it ends his suffering, but the suffering of his people continues.

Let him rot in jail, for the rest of his pathetic life.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Saddam did stuff wrong,plenty of it, BUT he was a dictator and a strong leader. The masses felt safe and that they would have a future.Believe me 90% of the Iraqi people want him back.
    Right thats why there was a city-wide party and celebration of the Iraqi people today when they found out he is to be executed?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

you mean a set up celebration the US army put on?

or the one the Journalists were taken to to show the liberated people rejoicing?

don't believe all you see/hear/read

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Right thats why there was a city-wide party and celebration of the Iraqi people today when they found out he is to be executed?
    Sunnis are angry, Shiites are celebrating.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    It's so weird how they are split so bitterly like that...
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

30 years of division (add to that the similarity between Catholic/Protestant split in the Christian faith) doesn't just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    I am sure FOX only showed the celebrations.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I'm afraid even the president of the United States of America cannot prevent a hurricane from destroying a city.
    THAT he could not,but it was known for years the dikes were not upto their task. And the officials wanted to evacuate almost a week instead of two days before the hurricane. I t was stopped by high-ranking folks.

Sorry, but it sounds to me too much like that Michael Moore propaganda babbling. He's certainly not an angel but let's not exxagerate,ok? Is he also reponsible for the Holocaust and extinction of dinosaurs?
    How do you know he aint ? BUT the CIA and others made huge mistakes. They all fall under his authority and he is ultimately responsible for them.

Lucky you, cause I happen to know the reasons and will gladly share them with you here. Afghanistan was invaded because it was the headquarters of Al-Kaida, a country simply ruled by terrorists. Iraq was invaded because it was a country that supported terrorism, because it's leader posed a threat to the rest of the world and because of false accusations of having ABC weapons.
    But who told the world he had them ? Didnt Bush&co do that ? Saddam denied it and (not eagerly) allowed inspectors into the country again. However still Bush invaded,killing thousands. He is yet again ultimately responsible.

I'm afraid I can't comment on this one. I don't feel I'm being lied about anything by him. As for lying to his own people - well, that's what politics is about, isn't it? It happens in most of countries, if not all of them.
    True. But most countries have proper media that question things,as do I. The best known lie of Bush is Iraq by the way

I'd say just browse the million previeous discussions in the forums and you'll find what not more...

G'night.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    G'night.
    It's 10 am?!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    It's 10 am?!
    It's 4 a.m. here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    It's 4 a.m. here.
    You are too kind.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information