Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New McLaren F1 livery?

That is an awesome image twinspark, cheers
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Woah. Non-red racing Ferraris. That blows my mind. And the McLaren livery looks pretty damn sweet if they stick to that and if that is real. But that Vodafone deal is certainly old news as stated above. It seems to me that McLaren has looked really sweet since the days of Hakkinnen. I loved the 2005 car (but thought the 2004 had the weird ugly thin nose) but their colours were always sick. This year's chrome and red was one of the most terryfing F1 cars ever to grace the paddock. Man that car looked badassed, but it only had the bark, not the bite.

personally i think that the 05 & 06 mclaren was the best looking car on the grid.

this is the 07 livery (not final)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark
    I thought I had seen it somewhere, which was in this picture that was posted some time ago (as a rapidshare link that is now dead). It's a pretty big picture so 56k or old version browser users beware.
    thats an ace pic, thnx for sharing
    autozine.org

Props to that artist. Looks sick if it will be anything like that.

I hope the keep the chrome, that was the best idea to grace f1 for almost 10 years
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    I hope the keep the chrome, that was the best idea to grace f1 for almost 10 years
    In terms of all of F1, or livery only?

this years Maccas were the classiest in ages

ill be sad to see them change . i also liked Hakkinens paint schemes - classy

The McLaren was looking particularly spectacular in testing in Jerez yesterday....

It was Fernando Alonso at the wheel for the first time after Renault agreed to let him go early. However due to still being contracted to Renault and all their partners/sponsors he was forced to run in plain white overalls and helmet, and with all sponsorship removed from the car. I wish cars would run without sponsorship all the time, makes them look so much classier.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    I wish cars would run without sponsorship all the time, makes them look so much classier.
    Blame Lotus for that...

I agree they would look much better without sponsorship.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Do people actually buy things that are advertised on the side of an F1 car?
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Do people actually buy things that are advertised on the side of an F1 car?
    Yes, of course they do - they are sponsored by some of the largest companies on the planet. They didn't get there without people buying their products and services.

What you mean to ask is: "Do people actually buy things because they are advertised on the side of an F1 car?"

In which case the answer is still "yes" otherwise the sponsors wouldn't bother, or at least certainly wouldn't be handing over millions upon millions for the privilege.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    The McLaren was looking particularly spectacular in testing in Jerez yesterday....

It was Fernando Alonso at the wheel for the first time after Renault agreed to let him go early. However due to still being contracted to Renault and all their partners/sponsors he was forced to run in plain white overalls and helmet, and with all sponsorship removed from the car. I wish cars would run without sponsorship all the time, makes them look so much classier.
    Are you sure it wasn't the Stig ?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Yes, of course they do - they are sponsored by some of the largest companies on the planet. They didn't get there without people buying their products and services.

What you mean to ask is: "Do people actually buy things because they are advertised on the side of an F1 car?"

In which case the answer is still "yes" otherwise the sponsors wouldn't bother, or at least certainly wouldn't be handing over millions upon millions for the privilege.
    It sounds more like something the F1 teams spun out, how can you prove that there is a surge in the number of people buying Marlborough everytime Ferrari wins etc. There probably are people who do buy them because their favorite team advertises the product but the number that do.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

It sounds more like something the F1 teams spun out, how can you prove that there is a surge in the number of people buying Marlborough everytime Ferrari wins etc. There probably are people who do buy them because their favorite team advertises the product but the number that do.
    Well Maybe in Europe and USA they are well known names but in other parts of the world it helps them to get known by people and therefore consider them if they have to buy something.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information