• Yes

40 71.43%
  • No

9 16.07%
  • Still not sure..

7 12.50%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your View of the 599?

It's also missing the ginormous rear wing.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifreak013
    not only is it a twin turbo v8 but its also FR as apposed to MR.
    Sorry but FR MR? I know once you tell me what this is I'll slap myself over the head..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    A V8 Twin turbo to a V12? Ok? Thats interesting because the closest thing the back lights are the F40's which in my view are slightly similar..
    They aren't talking mechanical layout. They are talking spirit and performance.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

You're all clearly out of your minds. The 599 is an awesome machine. I'm sorry but the 550/575 just looked like a giant 80s Nissan Z. And it was slow. The 599 looks incredible; I love the profile. And it's not like Ferrari's never done a differeent taillight treatment before. In the end, you get a car that goes, handles, looks, and most importantly BRAKES better than an McMerc. And for like what? $300,000 less! Like I said, awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    They aren't talking mechanical layout. They are talking spirit and performance.
    Spirit? The F40 was designed to be the fastest car at the time, and as the saying goes not only did they succeed but they did it in style. But this, I'm worried about the styling and the purpose, I'd thought of this car the GT replacement model, not a statement like the F40..
    Last edited by man 430gt; 11-07-2006 at 03:05 PM.
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

I actually prefer the 575M over the 599.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Prefer how? I just can't see the advantage. I understand that style is subjective and all, but the rest is just much better.

I didn't like car until I saw it in person and in the flesh it looks absolutely amazing. Also, red is not a very good colour for the 599 GTB, but it looks fabulous in grey or metallic black. Oh, and it is the greatest sports car every built - so it's got that going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Spirit? The F40 was designed to be the fastest car at the time, and as the saying goes not only did they succeed but they did it in style. But this, I'm worried about the styling and the purpose, I'd thought of this car the GT replacement model, not a statement like the F40..
    Not quite...

The 612 Scaglietti is the GT of the Ferrari lineup, but I do see your point about it being about as close to the original F40's spirit as I am to being famous!

The 599 to me represents just a stopgap for the 575, not the amazing hardcore, race-ready F40. The F40 weighed 1100kg and of course, had an MR (Mid-Engined, Rear-drive for your info banks ). The new 599 weighs around 1600kg, and has the FR layout. Reminds me more in spirit of a 550/575, but uglier

Save the F40-replacements for things like the Enzo- truly focussed track cars, with less weight than anorexic stick insects and a truly intense experience.

From what I've read, the 360 CS is one of the closest experiences you'll get to the F40.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    According to Ferrari, they don't see the 599 as a replacement for the 575 as much as a replacement for the F40.
    A replacement for the F40? I don't see how that's possible. The F40 was a striped out supercar, the 599 is more of a high performance GT.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

The car is Ferrari's flagship model.

Don't forget that they did actually stop making the Enzo a couple of years ago.

As it stands it is the company's fastest, most powerful road car, although titles for ugliest and most expensive fall to the 612.

I am in two minds about the appearance of the car; fundamentally, in terms of proportion, stance and general design language it is quite nice.

The details stink though - the "face" looks like a Hyundai, the "flying butresses", functional they may be, but is that an excuse for not integrating them into the design properly?

The interior is awful - here's a tip: when designing a car interior, try not to fill it with lots of very shiny, specular materials, carbon fibre for instance, because reflections on the windscreen/into the driver's eyes isn't a brilliant idea.

No doubt the engine is good - confused about why the Enzo engine would need to be tweaked for "reliability". Ok, on the one hand it says that the 599 will be better for racking up milage, but it also says the Enzo was unreliable.
    A better phraseology might have been good.

Completely unconvinced by the PS2 gears/Chassis arrangement - I don't see the attraction, and road testers always seem to grumble about how it isn't as good as a proper manual, but then accept that it is "the future" because they are being told that by the people making it a £XX,000 option on the car...

Definately pick of the current line up though, but that is probably more to do with the fact that the competition isn't up to much...

FWIW: It is a logical succession from the F40, you're all getting hung up on the details though.
    Don't think about it in a metaphorical sense, but in a philosophical sense.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 11-07-2006 at 06:37 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

I quite like the looks of this car. The flying butresses add a nice touch of originality for me and they look quite nice. Of course, it has well sorted handling dynamics and engine. I haven't seen the interior, but if the ergonomics aren't where they should be at least the quality is good.

I don't know, my initial thoughts were "Yuk!", but now I'm thinking "Nice...!".

Ferrari have produced cars before featuring only two circular rear light clusters instead of four (given, not recently), so in a way they're not breaking tradition.
    Also, the look of the car I think depends greatly on the wheels fitted, and the car looks just so much better without those starfish puke-a-riffic wheels the original showcar sported.

does anyone else find that of late ferrari's have been looking more..japanese?

anyway, the 599 i like but it's not as stunning as it could be.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

It's hideous
    the front is an ugly trying to look exotic revision of the scaglietti the sides look as it some randomly stuck the vent and i loath the fact that instead of the traditional four round headlights there are only two.
    the 550 or 575 is much better in styling than this car.
    Almost all the cars in Ferrari's lineup have grown more and more ugly.The angular and rigid Enzo is inferior to the smooth and sublime F50s and F40s, The 599 is hideous compared to the 550/575 and the spaghetti thingy that replaced the 465 is awful, the 465 was artistic and flowing and had similar proportions to the Daytona However the F430 looks good at least. Is Pininfarina to blame or is it the recent medling of Ferrari with Pininfarina's designs? The P4/5 is a wonderful car though. However I think that Farina might need much more work on it's newer designs.
    I just hope Maserati will not follow Ferrari's design direction.

Thread Information