• Yes

40 71.43%
  • No

9 16.07%
  • Still not sure..

7 12.50%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your View of the 599?

i also forgot to mention how i feel about this car i like it a lot, mechannically wise and looks wise. and everybody always says ferrari's new cars don't look like ferrari's but what does a ferrari look like because from looking over time they change their look constantly and they go with mostly the same design ques for a decade or so and change it. but that is just my opinion from what i have noticed. and this car also has some very nice mechanical feates such as the suspension mostly the coilovers are magnetically charged which i have personally never seen on a road car, any one else?

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifreak013
    this car also has some very nice mechanical feates such as the suspension mostly the coilovers are magnetically charged which i have personally never seen on a road car, any one else?
    yeah... it's standard issue on all HSV VE models.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifreak013
    . and this car also has some very nice mechanical feates such as the suspension mostly the coilovers are magnetically charged which i have personally never seen on a road car, any one else?
    The c6 corvette has them.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    The c6 corvette has them.
    And thats the bext handling American car to everyone's surprise, imagin what wonders it would work for the 599..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

love the back, hate the front, don't mind the side

This car sits really weird with me.

I really like it, but I also hate it.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

For me it's an amazing achievement from Ferrari, as it has all the good points of a GT with an engine way too extroverted to be considered one.
    It's a front-engined supercar. You guys have to change your minds about supercar concept like Ferrari did. If the 550 was a replacement for the Testarossa/512TR/512M series, it's obvious they decided to change the rules of supercars because those could hardly be considered GT's.
    I like the union of a rather classic shape with a very extreme performance.
    For me the car looks almost perfect. I usually don't like Ferraris at first sight. They grow on me. This one, I like it from the start.
    I understand that due to the power and performance hike, they tend not to compare the Enzo with the F40 anymore.
    Last edited by McReis; 11-08-2006 at 04:00 AM.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

What he said and also the 599 has a mid-mounted engine as well.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    What he said and also the 599 has a mid-mounted engine as well.
    ... but the engine still sits pretty damn close to the front axles, and as a result the car looks very badly proportioned- almost as much as the SLR. The Daytona is one car I see as the inspiration for this car, but boy did they screw it up.

Heritage goes back further than the 80's, so that's one reason why I won't compare this to the F40 these last 3 GTs/supercars (550, 575 and 599) have all given me distinct impressions of trying to recapture the spirit of the original beast Ferrari, the Daytona.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    ... but the engine still sits pretty damn close to the front axles, and as a result the car looks very badly proportioned- almost as much as the SLR. The Daytona is one car I see as the inspiration for this car, but boy did they screw it up.
    It's in the center of the car, giving it a near perfect weight balance. Have you seen it in person, the proportions are dead on.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

the car looks very badly proportioned- almost as much as the SLR. .
    The looks are always argueable, but the proportions are a more objective point. And I can't see bad proportions there. In the sense of having big front end, the 612 and the 575 are way worst proportioned.

these last 3 GTs/supercars (550, 575 and 599) have all given me distinct impressions of trying to recapture the spirit of the original beast Ferrari, the Daytona.
    That's obvious and assumed by the maker in the 550 launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    It's in the center of the car, giving it a near perfect weight balance. Have you seen it in person, the proportions are dead on.
    That's very impressive, and yes- I saw one just the other week. My God but it's ugly. I thought it looked very ungainly- particularly those rear buttresses. Then again, that's just me- I prefer German cars, which are made with little to no passion, to Italian cars, some of the most evocative brands.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    The looks are always argueable, but the proportions are a more objective point. And I can't see bad proportions there. In the sense of having big front end, the 612 and the 575 are way worst proportioned.
    I wouldn't say they're more objective. Have you ever looked at a woman and thought she was perfect because she was a certain shape? Someone else will find that shape too thin/too fat/wrong shape entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    That's obvious and assumed by the maker in the 550 launch.
    That would explain a lot but I think that the 599 is carrying this trend on, rather than making another bedroom-wall-pinup.

Then again, that's just me- I prefer German cars, which are made with little to no passion, to Italian cars, some of the most evocative brands.
    Then I am glad you don't like it.

(Ted Joans)

I wouldn't say they're more objective. Have you ever looked at a woman and thought she was perfect because she was a certain shape?
    When you really start comparing women to cars, you know you're sick. Specially comming from someone who prefers german cars (no passion).

Hey, at least I give reasons for it!

German cars just appeal to me more. I don't know why. Just do. Ferraris strike me as poncey and not really something to suit my needs, I don't care for them one bit.

Hey, the women to cars comparison works... and you know it just quit while you're ahead, Hugo

Thread Information