Thread: Princess 2200 HLS

Princess 2200 HLS

Some views of the Princess, the first 5 of a 1976 model, the last of my own 1977. model. A very nice looking, luxurious car, coupled with technology of English reliability. A bit slow due to the 3-speed automatic.

Nice technology though, with a transversely mounted straight-6 of 2.2 litre, with the gearbox to the rear of the engine, driven by a specially designed, very wide chain.

Quote Originally Posted by J.J.Horst
    A very nice looking, luxurious car, coupled with technology of English reliability.
    you did not smile when you wrote that, did you?

BTW thanks for the contribution, but can I ask you to use the attachment system for the pictures?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    you did not smile when you wrote that, did you?

BTW thanks for the contribution, but can I ask you to use the attachment system for the pictures?
    After ending up with a crack in both the block as well as the cylinder head, no...

Sorry, but I don't know how the attachement systems work, and don't have time to find out. When posting on various different forums, it is easiest to only upload pictures in one way.

Of course easiest is still when making my own websites...

After ending up with a crack in both the block as well as the cylinder head, no...

Sorry, but I don't know how the attachement systems work, and don't have time to find out. When posting on various different forums, it is easiest to only upload pictures in one way.

Of course easiest is still when making my own websites...
    When you make a post, not quick reply though, if you scroll down just a bit under where it says 'submit reply', you'll find a Manage Attachments button.

If you click that, you just have to upload the images and then hit submit. It takes no more than a minute, and the pictures will be there forever rather than disappear like inline images usually do.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Some views of the Princess, the first 5 of a 1976 model, the last of my own 1977. model. A very nice looking, luxurious car, coupled with technology of English reliability. A bit slow due to the 3-speed automatic.

Nice technology though, with a transversely mounted straight-6 of 2.2 litre, with the gearbox to the rear of the engine, driven by a specially designed, very wide chain.
    Chain drive certainly a novel way to get power to the rear, is the 2.2 straight 6 a Leyland engine ?
    Last edited by Rockefella; 11-08-2006 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Fixed your quote tags.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Chain drive certainly a novel way to get power to the rear, is the 2.2 straight 6 a Leyland engine ?

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    to the rear of the engine, not the rear of the car, it is front wheel drive...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Oops

Thread Information