Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My mini begins

so you would change your Mini's daily?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

no, they'd both have 1250/1300cc engines, except i'd probably swap the turbo one in everytime a trackday comes round
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

i mean you would drive one mini one day, and the next one another?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

yes. yes i would.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

i like your style.. maybe if i move to QLD i should buy a mini too

though fitting in it would be bad
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    i like your style.. maybe if i move to QLD i should buy a mini too

though fitting in it would be bad
    the one i might be buying, there is no back seat - the front ones are situated exactly in the middle of the car (so pretty much on the back seats almost)

cool. but i still wouldnt fit
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

yes well............. this is all good thanks guys, mine will one day have a turbo in it or a supercharger. it won't be carrying anything it will be a full on show car. jus need to find out some tech details and i'll be well on my way, i will keep updating photo's of it's progress

anyone got there's they wanna show off?
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Quote Originally Posted by KFA-R
    yes well............. this is all good thanks guys, mine will one day have a turbo in it or a supercharger. it won't be carrying anything it will be a full on show car. jus need to find out some tech details and i'll be well on my way, i will keep updating photo's of it's progress

anyone got there's they wanna show off?
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=28930
    not indicative of it's current state...
    if i were you i'd get everything running good and then consdier a supercharger etc... to be honest i don't really think forced induction is that necessary

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA it starts!!!!!

as i said i would keep this updated as the restoration continuse and well there is no photographic evidance of it yet (still on camera) but the little car does start and has been driven around!!!!!!

will get a photo of it moving as soon as possible!!!!

hahaha all those who said it couldn't be done!!!!!

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

it's been a while i know since i have added onto this thread but hey better late than never......

the mini is still in its current state body wise (i have moved away from home since i picked it up and havent had the time and or the money to work on it....damn university lol) but i have made some progress on the engine and the brakes and such

it now has brakes.....lol well front ones at least and they do pull me up when i need them (also anybody who ones one and needs to replace the brake cylinders send me an e-mail to find out a really easy way to get the shoe springs back on.... they are buggers of things otherwise) so i dont need to use the hand brake any more (trust me my mother is very happy about that, she thinks its safer....lol)

the carbi has been fully re done.... that was a big problem with it i found... it wasnt tuned right and the shaft and the buttafly where quite stuffed in it.... also something interesting... my local SU expert (or so he says) said that he had never seen one quite like it, interesting, but i figure because of the late build date on it and the fact that leyland where in a bit of trouble they just picked up whatever was on the floor.... so to speak.

i have all new wheels and tyres on it ready for when it has all the rust taken out of it... which i have been doing some research on.... they say around $5000 for the rust.... i nearly cryed when i saw this and almost scraped the car..... but after some more research i have founs that it is a little rare and worth doing up.... so we will have to wait till uni is finished (yes that does mean 4 years wait ) to get it done. oh well....yes. hopefully more pics will be up soon if not before the end of july! thats when i am home next

i tell you what the brits know how to get you thinking about restoring a car... man they make it hard and fidly lol

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Quote Originally Posted by KFA-R View Post
    i have all new wheels and tyres on it ready for when it has all the rust taken out of it... which i have been doing some research on.... they say around $5000 for the rust.... i nearly cryed when i saw this and almost scraped the car
    $5k to take the rust out???? wtf!!
    so we will have to wait till uni is finished (yes that does mean 4 years wait
    what course you doing?
    i tell you what the brits know how to get you thinking about restoring a car... man they make it hard and fidly lol
    haha yeah i know what you mean getting the bonnet off was a bitch, then putting the extractors on...

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    $5k to take the rust out???? wtf!!

what course you doing?

haha yeah i know what you mean getting the bonnet off was a bitch, then putting the extractors on...
    hmmmm there is a shite load of rust in it....... a absolute shite load.... but i beleive it is worth it.... i know that it is a lot of money but the fact of having it will be enough to pay that back and it otherwise too good to just scrap.... the engine in it at least... only done 24,000 k's

i doing a Bach Ed (TAS) so in other words i will come out being a woodwork, metalwork and auto teacher so yeah thats all fun.... will be able to let some of the kids work on it for me lol

the master brake and clutch cylinders are pains as well...... i was sitting in the engine bay pulling on the stupid thing then it finally come out with a jolt.... forced me to hit my head on the bonnet.... which fell on me crushing me in the engine bay...lol..... had to wait till someone could get me out cos of the possition it left me in lol

would have been a site to be seen

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Thread Information