Page 29 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: A work of pure genius! - Brilliant "Revetec" Engine

Quote Originally Posted by hightower99
    I don't see why they don't make trivial things like bore, stroke, dyno charts, fuel maps ect. available?
    I will say it one more time for the dummies. I cannot release information, especially test figures with a client to you that is deemed confidential. I cannot also release information that may affect share price unless it is announced on the stock exchange first. That is insider trading. I'm getting sick of the same comments that go on and on and on and on.

good that means that you have a max total volume of 50.4L to work with. Are you sure you are only getting 2.4L out of that?
    If the engine was a square block of aluminium I suppose you're right. But guess what......it's an engine. The figures were the outside dimensions not a square block.....Another intelligent comment from Hightower99....Hip hip hoooooraaaay!

Why wouldn't you include the combustion chamber volume? I am pretty sure many companies (BMW, GM ect.) include the combustion chamber volume. So you are saying that each cylinder will suck in 600cc of air during a single intake stroke? (assuming 100% VE).
    Oh my god! Lets look at a 2.5 litre subaru(2,457cc)
    Bore = 99.5
    Stroke = 79
    Cylinders = 4
    Capacity = 2,457cc or 2.5 litre

This is the amount of volume the piston sweeps. If we added the combustion chamber at 9.7:1 they would say the engine is a 2,695cc or 2.7 litre. But they don't.

BMW only quote swept volume as their capacity by the way.
    BMW 2.5 litre 2005 model.
    Bore = 84
    Stroke = 75
    Cylinders = 6
    Capacity = 2,494cc
    It would be a 2.755 litre if they added the combustion chamber at their quoted 10.5 comp ratio.
    Last edited by revetec; 01-30-2007 at 02:19 AM.

Sorry to everyone that I have to post so much and respond to silly comments over and over and over again.

For you guys that have been interested in the information on our engine, cheers.

One more time....Is anyone going to post a topic on The wonderful Manolis Pattakon engine? I'm not going to do it but please somebody do it! Pretty Please. I'd like to see a discussion on it to see how much better it is.......
    Last edited by revetec; 01-30-2007 at 02:12 AM.

Have you run the engine in a car yet? If so, what was it like to drive, i.e how does it compare to the stock engine/other engines? (I didn't see any vids on your site)

And your site mentions 3-wheeler bikes are a focus of the engine, what about normal 2-wheel bikes, could any of the Revetec derivatives be used a motorbike? I'm interested because the Honda V4 bike engine is supposed to be very good, V-twin torque with I4 power, which seems to be a Revetec trait (plenty of torque where a similar sized convential engine would have less) but very compact to boot.

(Soz if already covered in thread)
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Have you run the engine in a car yet? If so, what was it like to drive, i.e how does it compare to the stock engine/other engines? (I didn't see any vids on your site)

And your site mentions 3-wheeler bikes are a focus of the engine, what about normal 2-wheel bikes, could any of the Revetec derivatives be used a motorbike? I'm interested because the Honda V4 bike engine is supposed to be very good, V-twin torque with I4 power, which seems to be a Revetec trait (plenty of torque where a similar sized convential engine would have less) but very compact to boot.

(Soz if already covered in thread)
    We have trialed our 450cc engine in a trike replacing a 1600cc engine with the same torque.
    We have been concentrating on dyno testing and tuning as well as dyno endurance testing. We plan to fit the X4 into a vehicle over the coming months.

Does the "7 dwarves" ring a bell? 7 representatives of the major tobacco companies said under oath that they didn't believe nicotine to be addictive...
    ...even though they had all read and paid for research into the subject that showed that nicotine is highly addictive.

Yes you try to keep patents hidden even when you are actually making the product, thats why several manufacturers sometimes have a sticker that says "this device is protected by one or more of the following patents..." Then they list over 20. The thing is that the revetec isn't a completely new system only the bottom end is new and it is simple to understand it's design. Many have already made their attempts at making a similar design (and dare I say that the revetec design isn't very original either) But since it uses common top end technology why is that being protected? Unless revetec thinks it is achieving a special kind of combustion and wants to protect that (even though they couldn't hold a patent on that anyways) I don't see why they don't make trivial things like bore, stroke, dyno charts, fuel maps ect. available? It seems that the only reason is that they have confidentiality agreements with other organisations, and I can respect that.

I just don't like seeing claims without the information to back it up.
    I guess I will have to wait untill revetec releases an engine in europe, then I will check it out.

It is clear that you are still a high school student with no idea. So, how about you wait till you hit puberty and hope to God that your brain size grows (cause nothing else on your body will; sorry buddy you are stuck with what you have) and you can then stop being such a silly little boy.

A request to all on this forum, please ignore hightower, he hasn't been laid yet and has some serious issues to deal with including: lack of personal hygiene, ugly face, litlle appendage and a misplaced mind. We can perhaps turn this forum into a support page for our hightower to support him in this great time of need. Dont worry my little trojan, mummy gonna take good care of you.

One other thing, you are..... stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Last edited by santostripoli; 01-30-2007 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by santostripoli
    It is clear that you are still a high school student with no idea. So, how about you wait till you hit puberty and hope to God that your brain size grows (cause nothing else on your body will; sorry buddy you are stuck with what you have) and you can then stop being such a silly little boy.

A request to all on this forum, please ignore hightower, he hasn't been laid yet and has some serious issues to deal with including: lack of personal hygiene, ugly face, litlle appendage and a misplaced mind. We can perhaps turn this forum into a support page for our hightower to support him in this great time of need. Dont worry my little trojan, mummy gonna take good care of you.

One other thing, you are..... stupid, stupid, stupid.
    only a novice can get away with that.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    only a novice can get away with that.
    hopefully not for long.. that gets tiresome
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I supose some people including me are getting frustrated with silly comments that go on and on about the same thing. I came on this forum to try and be as informative as I can be, but some people do not understand confidentiality issues.

(and dare I say that the revetec design isn't very original either)
    BTW: Do you know what a patent is? It means that it is original. Anyway I don't expect a school student to understand patents.

The design is simple. That is the beauty of it. It is designed on the long known "KISS" design theory, which is Keep It Simple Stupid".

It is the calculations and component shapes that is the intellectual property that will not be disclosed. Even in the animation or drawings, the cam shape is a dummy and not acurate. At this stage we are not showing the actual design of components, materials and processes such as the cams. And don't ask any questions in this area as I wont respond. If you have noticed, we have not disclosed any internal renders of the engine.

Cheers
    Brad
    Last edited by revetec; 01-30-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by santostripoli
    idiotic rant
    You are amazing, thanks for the laughs I had to show this to some personal friends, my class, and work and you know what...

Everybody got a huge laugh out of it! Thank you very much on behalf of myself and the ~60 people who laughed their asses off at you

My friend Mick Roberts thinks you ought to do stand up as "Mr. Sh*tForBrains"

and hey at least you know that I will be there, front row, laughing my ass off at you too...

Now on to something a little more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by revetec
    BTW: Do you know what a patent is? It means that it is original. Anyway I don't expect a school student to understand patents.
    Yes I know what a patent is. No it doesn't mean that your solution is original it means that your combination of simple already invented systems hasn't been done by anyone else yet or it isn't an "obvious" extension of something else. I also understand what a patent is and why people get them in the first place, yes even I, a lowly high school student... The solution of using cams is old, making counter-rotating pieces to cancel certain forces is also not new. I haven't seen a flat engine that paired the pistons like you do but I can guess why.

I am still betting another friend (hopelessly in love with your idea )
    100DK that you will be all but forgotten in less than 5 years.

The design is simple. That is the beauty of it. It is designed on the long known "KISS" design theory, which is Keep It Simple Stupid".
    The idea is simple (using cams) the actual mechanism you have achieved doesn't strike me as being simple.

It is the calculations and component shapes that is the intellectual property that will not be disclosed. Even in the animation or drawings, the cam shape is a dummy and not acurate. At this stage we are not showing the actual design of components, materials and processes such as the cams. And don't ask any questions in this area as I wont respond. If you have noticed, we have not disclosed any internal renders of the engine.
    Well you are doing a great job (except for releasing real pictures of several engines, including shots of internal pieces).

Do you not claim that you use totally standard top ends?

I have to say though you are doing a great job as chairman of revetec.

Convinced me to never buy any shares in the company what so ever.
    not that you would care I mean heck who am I?
    I'm am just someone who will be holding some of the money that you will want if you ever release a product for sale in europe or north america...

I have an honest question though:

Do you personally believe that the revetec design is that much better than the normal crank designs out there. Do you think you can beat over 100 years of refinement?
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

You are amazing, thanks for the laughs I had to show this to some personal friends, my class, and work and you know what...

Everybody got a huge laugh out of it! Thank you very much on behalf of myself and the ~60 people who laughed their asses off at you

and hey at least you know that I will be there, front row, laughing my ass off at you too...

Yes I know what a patent is. No it doesn't mean that your solution is original it means that your combination of simple already invented systems hasn't been done by anyone else yet or it isn't an "obvious" extension of something else. I also understand what a patent is and why people get them in the first place, yes even I, a lowly high school student... The solution of using cams is old, making counter-rotating pieces to cancel certain forces is also not new. I haven't seen a flat engine that paired the pistons like you do but I can guess why.

The idea is simple (using cams) the actual mechanism you have achieved doesn't strike me as being simple.

Well you are doing a great job (except for releasing real pictures of several engines, including shots of internal pieces).

I'm am just someone who will be holding some of the money that you will want if you ever release a product for sale in europe or north america...

Do you personally believe that the revetec design is that much better than the normal crank designs out there. Do you think you can beat over 100 years of refinement?
    Stop indexing your Physics textbook and shut up. Haven't you guys gone over this? First it was your epoxy porting idea that gains you 100000 hp and now you're up Revetec's ass. Give, up.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I watched the Channel 7 Financial News broadcast last Sunday with considerable interest as they did a glowing feature on the Revetec engine. Included were Brad and the eager trike-manufacturer client (previously poster on UCP) who spoke openly in keen terms about obtaining 5000 units iirc to power his product

Just for the record each of your kindergarden class mates called me and said they were laughing at you, you apparently left your fly open.

We have told you before stop lying, you know and we all know you dont have any friends (and that includes your hand).

Yes you are an idiot

Have you ever heard of the concept of KAIZEN (Japanese for continuous improvement). The principle of KAIZEN is used by giants such as Toyota (who happen to be the 2nd largest automotive entity on the planet and were 160,000 unit sales away from dethroning General Motors from their number 1 spot).

KAIZEN works on the basis of small incremental improvements, bit by bit which make a collective difference and improves process, design etc. How can someone even as stupid as you state such a stupid question? Revetec’s weight advantage alone is enough to make the top 5 manufacturers drool (reduced weight = more power = better fuel economy = competitive advantage = more sales = more market share = bigger slice of the pie). By offering this weight advantage, in addition to superior fuel economy (still to be confirmed by Brad) plus packaging advantages this engine truly is more superior than 100 year of ICE refinement.

FACT 1: You need to be more open minded and less argumentative and less stubborn otherwise you will not get anywhere in life

FACT 2: We can forgive your stupidity given that you are a young lad and that your elastic band engine concept will not proceed anywhere past a wet dream that you may have. Don’t build walls against good ideas.

FACT 3: Wait for Brad to release figures; and if you stop saying silly things then I will stop making fun of you.
    Last edited by santostripoli; 01-31-2007 at 04:51 PM.

Thread Information