Page 27 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 1461

Thread: A work of pure genius! - Brilliant "Revetec" Engine

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    51
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by hightower99
    Hahaha

    No offence taken "mate" thing is you are very wrong...

    I wish I made 80K/year but I am still in school so just a part time job and school support checks from the government for me...

    You can probably guess that working part time means I dont work for a engineering firm at all.

    I don't see myself as passing a judgement on revetec...

    I have simply concluded that it won't go anywhere for my own thoughts... I see several flaws that will hold it back.

    Calling me a disgrace is funnny coming from you though... Just because I dont jump on the revetec band wagon when I can see some vital faults and because I have seen no true or usefull information from them and because I still read the article "lets Torque" when i need a laugh.. doesn't make me a disgrace. By all means if the major european and north american auto marques adopt the revetec technology for all their engines at any point during my life I will consider myself a disgrace...

    But I am feeling pretty safe.

    By the way...

    You are a blind revetec fanboy Wanker...
    You obviously didn't listen to me, I specifically said 3 upper cuts, you are still talking gibberish so I am assuming you cant count past 1 and therfore only hit yourself once. No worries, perhaps we can meet up and I can extend the favour to you.

    To all yee on the forum, we are blessed as we have a genius by the name of hightower amongst us. Thanks for your mis-guided wisdom, but I must say, it's a hoot having you on this forum, you make me laugh boy... you make me laugh.

    And by the way, you are a misguided, confused air head wonna be wanker boy (how are them apples pretty boy).
    Last edited by santostripoli; 01-21-2007 at 07:49 PM.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Armidale/NSW/Australia
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by santostripoli

    And by the way, you are a misguided, confused air head wonna be wanker boy (how are them apples pretty boy).
    are you drunk or are you allways like this (how about them apples wanker)
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

    ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by acemotorsport
    are you drunk or are you allways like this (how about them apples wanker)
    No not drunk, sober and full of life.

    I find it annoying when people pass judgements unfairly. Hightower needs to learn some basic fundamentals of business and the fine line between intellectual property and what can/cant be disclosed to the open market. There are so many complexities involved in what Revetec are doing and various contributors to this forum have made it clear that Brad is restricted in what he can and can't release.
    Last edited by santostripoli; 01-21-2007 at 08:41 PM.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,200
    [QUOTE=santostripoli]

    You obviously didn't listen to me, I specifically said 3 upper cuts, you are still talking gibberish so I am assuming you cant count past 1 and therfore only hit yourself once. No worries, perhaps we can meet up and I can extend the favour to you.

    To all yee on the forum, we are blessed as we have a genius by the name of hightower amongst us. Thanks for your mis-guided wisdom, but I must say, it's a hoot having you on this forum, you make me laugh boy... you make me laugh.

    And by the way, you are a misguided, confused air head wonna be wanker boy (how are them apples pretty boy).
    You are being ridiculous...

    Listen if you want to continue with this you are going to have to use the PM system otherwise you risk getting banned because this sort of behavior is not allowed....

    By the way you assume too much.

    You are assuming that
    -I would listen to any sort of commands that you make
    -That I am dumb enough to inflict physical harm on myself
    -and lastly you are assuming that you could stand a chance against me in a fight... (you wouldn't )

    Lets try to get this thread back on topic instead of making it a showcase for showing off how stupid you really are...

    I am fully aware he can't disclose certain details but when the results are public property then the math used to achieve the results should also be public.

    So I will watch this thread to see if revetec posts the math. Other than that I don't see anything else to comment on.
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    51
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by hightower99
    Quote Originally Posted by santostripoli

    You are being ridiculous...
    True but only to highlight your inept ability to be a silly little person.

    Listen if you want to continue with this you are going to have to use the PM system otherwise you risk getting banned because this sort of behavior is not allowed....
    You have said much worse then me sweetie, you have been warned by the moderator, not me.

    By the way you assume too much.

    You are assuming that
    -I would listen to any sort of commands that you make
    -That I am dumb enough to inflict physical harm on myself
    -and lastly you are assuming that you could stand a chance against me in a fight... (you wouldn't )
    To assume is to make and ass out of you and me. You seem to be doing a great job of this yourself.

    Regarding a fignt against mate, hey man, make love not war. I will call you Bruce Lee from now on cause I am scared of the pain that you could inflict upon me, oh damn I just shat myself thinking about all the terrible things you would do to me, oopss, there I go again!!!

    Lets try to get this thread back on topic instead of making it a showcase for showing off how stupid you really are...
    So you did give yourself an upper-cut, we all thank you for this.

    I am fully aware he can't disclose certain details but when the results are public property then the math used to achieve the results should also be public.

    So I will watch this thread to see if revetec posts the math. Other than that I don't see anything else to comment on.
    Your great wisdom, philisophy and philanthropic endeavours make me just want to give you a big hug.

    So, now that you have grown up and realised your errors we can discuss things in some orderly manner. (Dont forget to take your tablets tonight before mummy tucks you into bed and gives you milk and cookies).


    Let's begin the forum on a positive note,

    Revetec have a compact engine (improved pwer to weight ratio)
    Power & Torque figures are still to be confirmed (1-2 months)
    General specifications to be confirmed within 1-2 months
    Cross-platform application
    Potential to be integrated within a Hybrid system (making Toyota's Hybrid system look weak)
    Greenhouse emmissions to be cut in 2
    There is a bright future portntially !!!
    Last edited by santostripoli; 01-22-2007 at 01:21 AM.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,200
    typically the only part of your post that made sense or was useful at all was the only part not written in red...

    Anyways as to your summary:

    I haven't seen any information about revetec having a better power to weight...
    No proof at all.

    I would like to see it because the basics point the revetec design as being heavier and be less compact.

    Saying that power and torque figures need to be confirmed goes to proof of my first comment... (its hard to prove better power to weight when the power outpput hasn't been proved)

    General specifications still need to be confirmed yes we know...

    "Cross-platform application" I am not quite sure what the advantage here is? I think the common crank system has shown to be pretty good at being a cross platform application...

    Yeah about the hybrid system... almost any ICE can be used in connection with a hybrid system what are the special qualities that are needed for an ICE to be used with a hybrid system?

    Greenhouse emissions to be cut in half is alittle optimistic when almost everything about the engine is corporate secrets...

    I don't see this bright future but I am going to wait until I get the information before I decide if this system has any potential...
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,774
    Quote Originally Posted by hightower99
    I am going to wait until I get the information before I decide if this system has any potential...
    Please, please .... please .....puh-lease do that. Thanks
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    59

    Shares In Pre-open

    Shares currently in pre-open.

    News item on Channel 7 tonight.

    Many people have bagged Brad and the engine over the last few months. I want to thank Brad for openly discussing the engine on a public forum. For those that have invested in public listed companies, you should know that there is a limit to what Brad can say without breaching any laws. Pushing him for things that he says he can't disclose shows how little some of you know regarding these laws. I excuse the school kid but I can't understand why some of you have made such a big deal over some of his/her comments.

    Brad - believe me, there are more people reading this thread for what you have to say without involving themselves in discussions. I hope you continue to provide information on progress of the engine and not be discouraged by the minority of the baggers. I wish many other heads of companies on the stock exchange would be as willing to discuss what their companies are doing with their shareholders and others interested.

    Cheers and best of success.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOOK
    Shares currently in pre-open.

    News item on Channel 7 tonight.

    Many people have bagged Brad and the engine over the last few months. I want to thank Brad for openly discussing the engine on a public forum. For those that have invested in public listed companies, you should know that there is a limit to what Brad can say without breaching any laws. Pushing him for things that he says he can't disclose shows how little some of you know regarding these laws. I excuse the school kid but I can't understand why some of you have made such a big deal over some of his/her comments.

    Brad - believe me, there are more people reading this thread for what you have to say without involving themselves in discussions. I hope you continue to provide information on progress of the engine and not be discouraged by the minority of the baggers. I wish many other heads of companies on the stock exchange would be as willing to discuss what their companies are doing with their shareholders and others interested.

    Cheers and best of success.
    Well spoken Chookie, and I hope that Brad does continue his flow of information to this forum. We should feel privileged about the one-on-one interaction that we have had with him. It is arguably unprecedented behaviour from a managing director; especially given the sensitivity of the project and the potential impact of this engine from a holistic scale.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    581
    Hybrids: Did I mention that revetec holds 50% of the marketing rights to a hybrid system that is 97% efficient as a drive motor and 98% efficient as a generator (tested by Brisbane Uni). This system is currently being fitted to a Lotus Elise. I presented it to auto manufacturers at Automechanica in a seminar I ran there. More about that coming mid year.

    In a hybrid system the "Special qualities" as Hightower puts it is matching the maximum efficiency of the engine at an RPM that matches the best efficiency of an electric motor for automotive use. In all the test data I have seen on many hybrid systems as well as our own is around 1,800rpm. This is a good match for one of our engine test setups.

    BTW: Multi platform is quite correct. With minimal changes, the characteristics are altered greatly for different applications and fuels which is more easily done than a conventional engines mods.

    I think that many comments are made from people with engine ideas of their own. It's good to see other people trying to improve the Internal combustion engine. But you guys are in early stages, much of where I was 10 years ago. I think you should build and test your engines before you comment that yours is better as we are further ahead in development than you probably think.

    Anyway,
    The news report on channel 7 will air within this next week. Channel 7 Qld News 6pm. Watch out for it.

    Cheers
    Last edited by revetec; 01-24-2007 at 09:13 PM.

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by hightower99
    I am still in school so just a part time job and school support checks from the government for me...

    You can probably guess that working part time means I dont work for a engineering firm at all.

    I don't see myself as passing a judgement on revetec...

    I have simply concluded that it won't go anywhere for my own thoughts... I see several flaws that will hold it back.
    A teenager with no experience that knows more than everyone?


    Quote Originally Posted by hightower99
    "I don't see myself as passing a judgement on revetec...

    I have simply concluded that it won't go anywhere for my own thoughts... "
    There's a contradiction if ever I heard one! Hehehe....


    Comments: Just because I haven't released performance figures to you (A school student) doesn't mean we haven't done them (and we have). BMW claim they have the lightest 2.5 litre on the market being 171kg. Our new X4 fully dressed is 100kg in billet and will be reduced down to about 85kg for 2.4 litre engine. If what you are saying is true then to increase the 2.4 litre 0.1 of a litre it will increase the weight by over 70kg to do it. Think about it.......Do you think that increasing the bore by a couple of mm is going to add 70kg?
    Last edited by revetec; 01-24-2007 at 09:41 PM.

  12. #402
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    16,602
    Quote Originally Posted by revetec
    A teenager with no experience that knows more than everyone?
    Confirms my suspicions/opinion at least.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by revetec
    Hybrids: Did I mention that revetec holds 50% of the marketing rights to a hybrid system that is 97% efficient as a drive motor and 98% efficient as a generator (tested by Brisbane Uni). This system is currently being fitted to a Lotus Elise. I presented it to auto manufacturers at Automechanica in a seminar I ran there. More about that coming mid year.
    This sounds interesting. Just a few tiny questions: when you say 97% efficient as a drive motor is that from the fuel used by your ICE to the wheels? (through the electric motor?) or is it just the efficiency of the electric motor when driven by stored energy in the batteries? Also when you say 98% efficient as a generator what sort of ranges is that for (theres no way you get 98% at all loads). I will enjoy reading about this. I hope that you will at some point make the total efficiency (i.e. from gas tank to wheels) of this system public. I am sure that the type of hybrid system this is will be evident as soon as some information is made public (unless you can let me know here and now).

    Quote Originally Posted by revetec
    In a hybrid system the "Special qualities" as Hightower puts it is matching the maximum efficiency of the engine at an RPM that matches the best efficiency of an electric motor for automotive use. In all the test data I have seen on many hybrid systems as well as our own is around 1,800rpm. This is a good match for one of our engine test setups.
    This depends on what sort of hybrid system you are using. If you are using a system with a small ICE running at constant speed powering a generator, and using only the electric motors for propulsion then this doesn't apply. You would need to match the engine efficiency of the ICE with the generator efficiency. Also what is the 1800rpm for? the ICE the electric motor? are you using a CVT? If you are using the more common hybrid system (where an electric motor helps a slightly smaller ICE to produce motive force) then shouldn't your engine be able to have a wide operational range? diesels get great efficiency at about 1800rpm anyways.

    Quote Originally Posted by revetec
    BTW: Multi platform is quite correct. With minimal changes, the characteristics are altered greatly for different applications and fuels which is more easily done than a conventional engines mods.
    Ah so multi platform means multifuel? I can agree that you can change the characteristics of a revetec design easier than a normal crank design.

    Quote Originally Posted by revetec
    I think that many comments are made from people with engine ideas of their own. It's good to see other people trying to improve the Internal combustion engine. But you guys are in early stages, much of where I was 10 years ago. I think you should build and test your engines before you comment that yours is better as we are further ahead in development than you probably think.
    Yep will do...

    Quote Originally Posted by revetec
    A teenager with no experience that knows more than everyone?
    Did I say I know better than you? or anyone else? nope I didn't I said I could see problems... doubtless you can see your engine isn't perfect and you should be striving to improve it in any and every way... Also isn't it alittle close-minded of you to assume that because I am still in school that I have zero experience? Less than others sure, but not zero! Experience isn't everything by the way.

    Quote Originally Posted by revetec
    There's a contradiction if ever I heard one! Hehehe....
    When I say "to pass judgement" means that I am set and no matter what you do I won't change or be interested. But I am still interested. I see some problems and I don't think it will anywhere near as big as say the wankel ICE. But that doesn't mean I am not watching you with interest...

    Quote Originally Posted by revetec
    Just because I haven't released performance figures to you (A school student) doesn't mean we haven't done them (and we have).
    I have no idea why you would say something as close-minded and ignorant as this. I don't expect information to be released especially for me. I expect that when you make a claim (especially one that sounds abit over the top) that you release all neccesary information to the public so that it is available to all. Every time I see or hear big claims and then find out that the supporting information is a corperate secret or is too sensitive at the moment then I have no choice but to be critical. I like to see proof before I will believe claims.

    Quote Originally Posted by revetec
    BMW claim they have the lightest 2.5 litre on the market being 171kg.
    This is not what BMW claims... They claim to have the lightest inline 6 cylinder engine. And they have proved it too. alot of information is public about the new N52 series engines.

    Quote Originally Posted by revetec
    Our new X4 fully dressed is 100kg in billet and will be reduced down to about 85kg for 2.4 litre engine. If what you are saying is true then to increase the 2.4 litre 0.1 of a litre it will increase the weight by over 70kg to do it. Think about it.......Do you think that increasing the bore by a couple of mm is going to add 70kg?
    There are several things wrong here.

    First of all the whole 2.4L engine capacity is suspect. If you could tell me the bore and stroke lengths or even the static capacity of a single cylinder then I could believe you. But I think you are doing the old "but it does more strokes per turn!" or "it makes as much power as a 2.4L engine!" but if that was the way then the wankel engine in the RX-8 would be classified as a 3.9L engine.

    Try making the X4 with a static capacity per cylinder of 625cc and we will see how heavy and big it is.

    Next: I think you are referring to my comment about the compactness of your design? (I'm not sure?) But it is pretty simple in your design the crankcase has to be twice as big as the same stroke for a normal crank design.

    As for your design being light weight I would have to see a comparison but I think that when I look at a common crank design with it's single conrod between the piston and crank, the crank having relatively little material to create the crank. Then when I look at a revetec design with two large counter rotating cams, huge roller bearings, large connections between opposite pistons, extra balance shafts and the gear shaft required to syncronise the counter rotating motion of the cams. Then I come to the conclusion that for the same static size the revetec is heavier and bigger.

    Try comparing the volume used for the combustion process in your engine compared to the total volume of the engine, then compare those volumes on a common crank design. I think you will find that the common crank engine beats you.

    In the end I would have thought that marketing the X4 as an engine of the size it actually is instead of incorrectly calling it a 2.4L engine would be better for selling it? I mean it would be great if a 800cc (guessing the real size) engine produced the power that your engine does.
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    2,975
    Quote Originally Posted by hightower99
    First of all the whole 2.4L engine capacity is suspect. If you could tell me the bore and stroke lengths or even the static capacity of a single cylinder then I could believe you. But I think you are doing the old "but it does more strokes per turn!" or "it makes as much power as a 2.4L engine!" but if that was the way then the wankel engine in the RX-8 would be classified as a 3.9L engine.
    out of interest how to you get 3.9l?
    autozine.org

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    467

    You can smell experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by hightower99
    Experience isn't everything by the way.
    If you have it you donít need it.
    If you need it, you donít have it.
    If you have it, you need more of it.
    If you have more of it, you donít need less of it.
    You need it to get it.
    And you certainly need it to get more of it.
    But if you donít already have any of it to begin with, you canít get any of it to get started, which means you really have no idea how to get it in the first place, do you?
    You can share it, sure.
    You can even stockpile it if you like.
    But you canít fake it.
    Wanting it.
    Needing it.
    Wishing for it.
    The point isÖ if youíve never had any of itÖ everÖ people just seem to know.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •