Page 40 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: A work of pure genius! - Brilliant "Revetec" Engine

Quote Originally Posted by RVC Shareholder View Post
    No, I haven't invested in a cake baking venture, what would give you such an impression that I had?

I was merely pointing out that I haven't read any posts lately NOT asking what was going on within the Revetec company. I am quite aware of the Revetec Website and the Newcastle Stock Exchange site.

I wasn't enquiring about the wellbeing or the technological advances or business advances within the compnay.

I'm sorry you misunderstood me.
    I can understand why you would get defensive as there are plenty of doom sayers and idiots that post shite here.

Like I said, I just enjoy reading other peoples posts. I have no real technical interest in what is going on or how the engine operates.
    However, I am interested in making money. :-)

Nice picture Brad :-)
    Mate, no worries, as you said there are plenty of doom sayers who in my opinion are being unfair and unprofessional.
    Last edited by santostripoli; 05-22-2007 at 08:09 PM.

Too Right!

I'm surprised they ever get justified with a response.
    They should be just ignored.

carbon emissions trading

There has been a lot of discussion about carbon emissions trading in the news lately. Below is a link on Revetec's strategy which was written about a year ago if my memory is correct.

http://www.revetec.com/?q=carbon-credits

Has there been any update to this Brad?

Our Carbon trading policy was written about a year ago and was accurate then as it is now.

Here is a link to my Revetec Picasa Album
    Last edited by revetec; 06-03-2007 at 04:53 PM.

Interesting reading. Nothing to do with REVETEC but could in future

Toyota global hybrid sales hit 1 million

Toyota Motor Corp's cumulative sales of petrol and electric powered vehicles toggled 1.047 million by the end of May. Of those, nearly 345,000 hybrids were sold in Japan, while 702,000 were sold abroad, the company said in a statement.

The Prius is the clear leader, with a total of 757,600 units sold since its 1997 introduction in Japan. Toyota began selling the Prius in North America, Europe and other places in 2000. Last year, the model made up more than 40 per cent of hybrid sales in the US.

Demand for hybrids, which deliver superior mileage by switching between a petrol engine and electric motor, has soared amid higher oil prices and greater consumer concern about pollution and global warming.

The Prius has been enormously popular as a mid-size sedan, which is a best-selling vehicle category.

"Toyota is clearly ahead of the pack in hybrids," said Tsuyoshi Mochimaru, auto analyst with Deutsche Securities in Tokyo.

Although most automakers are working on hybrids, Toyota has the advantage of selling the technology in its products for nearly 10 years, and using feedback from drivers to make improvements, rather than merely information from labs.

Toyota believes hybrid technology is the way of the future. It offers several other hybrid models, including the hybrid Camry and hybrid Lexus models.

"Hybrids will play a key role throughout our lineup," Toyota spokesman Paul Nolasco said. "That means all vehicle categories."

The company recently started domestic sales of its most expensive hybrid, the 15 million yen ($A147,600) Lexus LS 600h. It will be exported later this year.

But not all hybrids sell well, and it remains to be seen whether the technology will boost the Lexus brand.

Hybrid sport-utility vehicles, for example, have struggled in sales compared to the Prius, partly because an SUV doesn't have a green image to start with, analysts say.

Sales of Toyota's RX400h hybrid SUV, sold as the Harrier in Japan, has reached 85,000 worldwide since it was introduced in 2005. Another hybrid SUV, the Highlander, or Kluger in Japan, has sold 67,000 over the same period.

The Prius, by contrast, has sold 478,800 units since the start of 2005.

Earlier this week, Honda Motor Co said it will discontinue the hybrid version of its Accord sedans. Sales of the Accord hybrid, available only in North America, totalled just 439 last month, while Toyota sold 24,000 Prius cars during the same period.

Honda also said it will stop making the slow-selling Insight hybrid, but will continues to sell the hybrid Civic, which has sold more than 153,000 since going on sale in 2001 in Japan, Europe and North America.

Toyota has, however, repeatedly stressed that the hybrid is the single big ecological technology of the future, holding more potential than the diesel or other innovations.

Toyota officials say hybrids will continue to be important, even with the advent of more futuristic technologies like the electric vehicle and fuel-cells that run on hydrogen.

Toyota produces its hybrids in Japan, in China since 2005, and in Kentucky in the US since last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Car and Driver
    "More of an enviromental statement" is the way Ray Morris (executive V-P of the SAE) categorized all hybrids in Automotive Engineering Internatilnal, the SAE monthly.
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Interesting.
    It is interesting to note the different marketing messages that Toyota has used to promote Hybrid technology.

The PRIUS was designed as an entry level eco car for Toyota. It was a toe in the water program to see how it will work. Now, Toyota have everything from a Highlander (Kluger equivalent in Australia) and a Camry available as Hybrids (in USA market anyway).

From the Lexus perspective, the GS460 and RX400H have the hybrid synergy drive systems. These vehicles are amazing and offer great economy with awesome performance.

Toyota have shown that Hybrids can offer power and economy. .

Interesting to note that if Revetec do develop a hybrid system that in theory their technology should offer advantages in fuel economy.

Imagine having the X4 connected to a hybrid platform, the fuel economy would be a serious threat to Toyota's Synergy drive technology, plus with the weight advantage of your engine and packaging.

If anyone at GM or Ford are listening, consider this as an option. Now that Toyota have overtaken the Detroit manufacturers and are worldwide number 1. GM & Ford have suffered seriously as a result of poor product management and a lack of eco-friendly cars (as well as bad general management).

One other note Brad is that if you developed a diesel hybrid set-up (such as Citroen's system) your engine would cater for both markets.

A Hybrid X4 would certainly make things interesting.

First things first, get the engine running and tested and then off you go.

Regards

Santos

Question Time

Quote Originally Posted by santostripoli View Post
    Mate, if you had invested in a cake baking venture I would agree with you that it has been a bit quiet on the front; however...

The X4 seems to be a tad more complicated so it is obviously taking some time to get it modified & tested.

As I have pointed out in the past, R&D firms working on Automotive related projects have huge teams working on these projects.

Brad has a smaller team and is working on an innovative piece of technology that I am sure we all believe deserves the time and energy to perfect; and also deserves our patience.

Brad & Revetec team, take your time, get the engine right, get the test results right so that you can then showcase to the world.

All the best..

And, if we want an update, we can visit the revetec website or the NSX web site.

Cheers
    Santos

Santos

You are quite right, R&D firms developing technology like this have a team i.e. more than 2 people.

Brad, I am curious, how many people/engineering firms do you have working on this project?

A project of this magnitude would require time + effort + resources, otherwise delays will occur.

I have tracked the progress of your engine and feel concerned about your timing and results.

This project of yours has been in existence for over a decade now.

By now you should have some independent test engine results, not your own dyno results, but verified results that by now should have been made public. In addition to this, your engine should have proven durability & reliability. Again available on public domain.

I have tracked the posts and there are large gaps in what you promise and what you deliver.

Your share price of 5c is poor.

Technology of this magnitude in an environment such as ours should be at least 20 - 50c+/share. This signals to me that you and your BOD are not respected or trusted (especially given your inability to deliver results in a timely fashion).

What are your plans moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    Santos

You are quite right, R&D firms developing technology like this have a team i.e. more than 2 people.

Brad, I am curious, how many people/engineering firms do you have working on this project?

A project of this magnitude would require time + effort + resources, otherwise delays will occur.

I have tracked the progress of your engine and feel concerned about your timing and results.

This project of yours has been in existence for over a decade now.

By now you should have some independent test engine results, not your own dyno results, but verified results that by now should have been made public. In addition to this, your engine should have proven durability & reliability. Again available on public domain.

I have tracked the posts and there are large gaps in what you promise and what you deliver.

Your share price of 5c is poor.

Technology of this magnitude in an environment such as ours should be at least 20 - 50c+/share. This signals to me that you and your BOD are not respected or trusted (especially given your inability to deliver results in a timely fashion).

What are your plans moving forward?

Wonderer, for someone who says he has tracked the posts, maybe you should track the company announcements rather than what is said in a public forum.

If you did then you would know that the company is currently going through an independant testing phase and they have advise the market that it will take 3 months to complete. These results are also confidential to the deals that Revetec are trying to tie up, so do you honestly expect preliminary results to be made public? Maybe you should read up on company law.

You will also notice that interest has been shown by two of the largest auto manufacturers in India and China plus they are also working on an aircraft version of the engine. On top of that they have received a substantial Australian Federal Government Commercial Ready Grant. Note the term Commercial Ready and maybe investigate what this means. Do you think the government just hands these out to any company that claims to be an R&D? I feel that that alone makes REVETEC a respected and trusted company.

This statement has got to be the most ignorant comment on this thread and seeing you have read through it, you should realise how many have been made here. So you believe a company that is currently trying to finalise a production engine and as yet has not disclosed any deals should be capped at $100M? You are a bright spark. I think the current $10M cap is fair. Now should they strike a deal with one, two or even more of these large companies then maybe that $100M you claim the company should be capped at will be fair and actually quite cheap.

I look at the 5c as an opportunity for those that believe that REVETEC will strike some of those deals for them to get in cheap. As a long term shareholder, I have no concerns at all. Actually excited about the potential.

BTW you sound like someone very familiar. Maybe even attended an AGM over the years
    Last edited by CHOOK; 06-14-2007 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHOOK View Post
    Wonderer, for someone who says he has tracked the posts, maybe you should track the company announcements rather than what is said in a public forum.
    Chook, I have done this and if you will recall Mahindra was raised quite some time ago. What has happened since then??

If you did then you would know that the company is currently going through an independant testing phase and they have advise the market that it will take 3 months to complete. These results are also confidential to the deals that Revetec are trying to tie up, so do you honestly expect preliminary results to be made public? Maybe you should read up on company law.
    You missed my point, this engine has been in development for over 10 YEARS. Management have done a poor job in progressing this engine. You cant dispute this. You obviously have no commercial background and no engine development experience. We are not talking about the flux capacitor here. It is a simple design.

You will also notice that interest has been shown by two of the largest auto manufacturers in India and China plus they are also working on an aircraft version of the engine. On top of that they have received a substantial Australian Federal Government Commercial Ready Grant. Note the term Commercial Ready and maybe investigate what this means. Do you think the government just hands these out to any company that claims to be an R&D? I feel that that alone makes REVETEC a respected and trusted company.
    I do not doubt the significance of the aviation engine grant however Geely & Mahindra are taking too much time to decide. If it was as revolutionary as Brad thinks it is then I am sure they would have swallowed it up by now.

This statement has got to be the most ignorant comment on this thread and seeing you have read through it, you should realise how many have been made here. So you believe a company that is currently trying to finalise a production engine and as yet has not disclosed any deals should be capped at $100M? You are a bright spark. I think the current $10M cap is fair. Now should they strike a deal with one, two or even more of these large companies then maybe that $100M you claim the company should be capped at will be fair and actually quite cheap.
    Ever heard of market hype? We are in an environment where global warming is a key issue, you have George Bush making significant changes in policy, everyone from Al Gore to Big Bird crying out foul. This engine should be a key news story and if the BOD were more professional then people may start believing them.

I look at the 5c as an opportunity for those that believe that REVETEC will strike some of those deals for them to get in cheap. As a long term shareholder, I have no concerns at all. Actually excited about the potential.
    Mr Chookie, the company listed at 40 cents, and is now 5 cents... no comment.

BTW you sound like someone very familiar. Maybe even attended an AGM over the years
    Interesting comment, however I am happy to confirm that I have not attended an AGM. For someone on a forum for Revetec you seem to know alot Chookie? Are you and Santos involved somehow? Look lets not get personal here. I want an answer from Mr Brad.

Look, in summary, Brad is taking way too long, he needs to hurry up and get help on this project before the share price drops to 2 cents and then becomes a big ugly hole.
    Last edited by Wonderer; 06-15-2007 at 12:00 AM.

Interesting comment, however I am happy to confirm that I have not attended an AGM. For someone on a forum for Revetec you seem to know alot Chookie? Are you and Santos involved somehow? Look lets not get personal here. I want an answer from Mr Brad.

Look, in summary, Brad is taking way too long, he needs to hurry up and get help on this project before the share price drops to 2 cents and then becomes a big ugly hole.
    I have stated my involvement many times; I am a long term shareholder. You come in here and with one post IMO shows you have some history with the company. Please state your position and history.

The share price over the last 2 or 3 months has actually risen with much more interest than when it first listed. Maybe people are starting to think that Revetec may be worth a little risk. Remember the prospectus does say it is a risky investment in a very difficult and competitive market. The share price is actually irrelevant though. If the engine is accepted, you and I both know that the share price will be adjusted accordingly. If it is not accepted then of course it will fall back to 2c; even lower. No Einstein stuff there. Again, it is part of the risk in investing in an R&D company.

As a shareholder, I don't see the timing as an issue and all declared shareholders in this thread have not questioned it either. I suppose that is who Brad has to answer to; not someone who comes in with one post and demands answers without doing any research first. You may also find that one of the posters has also made a deal for the engine with his company's trikes. Maybe you should read his comments as well.

I am sure they are working as fast as the resources allow. Actually if you do read back a few pages, you should be impressed with how far they have actually come with the X4 design. They have stated they are in the middle of independant testing and how long it will be before they can release results, so I don't see what the issue is. 3 months (and if necessary a little longer) is not a major span of time when you look at the long term goals.

BTW every one of your questions has been answered by Brad in this thread. So do yourself a favour and read back through it. There is much more information that you may find interesting.

Wonderer .. what experience of investing in "penny share companies" do you have ?

There are three widely repeated movements in these. Those that rapidly increase value through excellent marketing and dare I say "hype" and then initial shareholders cash-in and the company meets the glare of the market and disappear as quickly as their meteoric rise.

Secondly those which plan their growth and go through a steady increase in assets till recognised by the market and share price then grows accordingly.

Thirdly, the "miracle share" which brokers always use to sell penny-share investments to other investors. These are those VERY FEW which overnight explode from penny to dollars in share value and retain it.

For production ( rather than service ) companies the second option is the better investment path and as far as I can see the route Revetec has followed.

Whichever route, an R&D enterprise MUST move relatively slowly as patent protection is vital to the future health of the business/technology.

Others have already corrected your mis-information on what Brad has been doing in this forum and the company. So I hope you understand better now.

PS: I am not connected with Revetec and not a share holder. My interest is technical and appreciative of the efforts Brad puts in to inform engineers on what he's achieving and willingly answering questions and offering advice. An ideal UCP member. THanks B
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I have stated my involvement many times; I am a long term shareholder. You come in here and with one post IMO shows you have some history with the company. Please state your position and history.
    Chookie, I could be a potential client from any number of Hybid drivetrain companies in the Northern hemisphere for all you know. All I can say is that I have experience in this field. That is all you need to know.

The share price over the last 2 or 3 months has actually risen with much more interest than when it first listed.
    This is a nonsense, review the share price history.

Maybe people are starting to think that Revetec may be worth a little risk. Remember the prospectus does say it is a risky investment in a very difficult and competitive market. The share price is actually irrelevant though.
    My reference to the share price has a direct relationship with my opinion of the BOD. I have researched the RVC "team" quite well. I understand what resources they have which is why I asked the question to BRAD i.e. resources/assistance associated with the development of the engine. Chookie, I am telling you that this project is taking way too long. He obviously needs assistance to speed things up. That is my opinion, frankly whether you agree with me or not is not important here.

If the engine is accepted, you and I both know that the share price will be adjusted accordingly. If it is not accepted then of course it will fall back to 2c; even lower. No Einstein stuff there. Again, it is part of the risk in investing in an R&D company.
    As a shareholder, I don't see the timing as an issue and all declared shareholders in this thread have not questioned it either.

This is incorrect, timing has been questioned by various participants including Pneumatic, Hightower and Manolis.

Timing is a serious issue becuase there may be a disconnect between the technical know-how and resources of Brad and the completion of this project

I suppose that is who Brad has to answer to; not someone who comes in with one post and demands answers without doing any research first.
    This is a forum, I can say what I want when I want. I am questioning the resources of RVC, I expect an answer from Brad, not Chookie? So until I receive a response from Brad I will stay firm with my point. And I have researched this project quite extensively. This technology has potential merits to be married within a Hybrid system. I am watching closely for a reason Chookie

You may also find that one of the posters has also made a deal for the engine with his company's trikes. Maybe you should read his comments as well.
    No offense but a trike company with potential units of 5000 upa (best case scenario) isnt something to sing and dance about. I have read his comments. I am sure he ha steh best intentions and I wish him all the best.

I am sure they are working as fast as the resources allow. Actually if you do read back a few pages, you should be impressed with how far they have actually come with the X4 design.
    This is where you show your amateur hour understanding of how the engine development world works. I will only be impressed with how far they have come when the results that are released are promising and when reliability has been confirmed. The unique nature of his engine has me asking many questions. Unique diagnostics will be key. I understand how his software works and its limitations. I simply questioned the resources that he has allocated to this project.

They have stated they are in the middle of independant testing and how long it will be before they can release results, so I don't see what the issue is. 3 months (and if necessary a little longer) is not a major span of time when you look at the long term goals.
    Here lies my concern, is 3 months enough time given the resources of RVC ?
    It has taken RVC 10 years to get to this point. Timing is now critical.
    Now, If Brad confirmed the he has a team of people working on this and has company ABC developing component Y and company Z testing components B & C then I would feel more confident.

BTW every one of your questions has been answered by Brad in this thread. So do yourself a favour and read back through it. There is much more information that you may find interesting.
    [/QUOTE]

BTW my questions and questions of others have not been answered. Santos and Brad's merry band of men have intervened 1 too many times.

Regards From a lonely engineer enjoying the wonderful clean air in sunny California. You know that Schwary drives a Prius now, boy times have changed
    Last edited by Wonderer; 06-16-2007 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Wonderer .. what experience of investing in "penny share companies" do you have ?
    My young friend you would be surprised.

There are three widely repeated movements in these. Those that rapidly increase value through excellent marketing and dare I say "hype" and then initial shareholders cash-in and the company meets the glare of the market and disappear as quickly as their meteoric rise.
    Secondly those which plan their growth and go through a steady increase in assets till recognised by the market and share price then grows accordingly

Thirdly, the "miracle share" which brokers always use to sell penny-share investments to other investors. These are those VERY FEW which overnight explode from penny to dollars in share value and retain it.

For production ( rather than service ) companies the second option is the better investment path and as far as I can see the route Revetec has followed.[/QUOTE]

You should be giving advice to Mr Buffet himself.

Whichever route, an R&D enterprise MUST move relatively slowly as patent protection is vital to the future health of the business/technology.
    This is a very simple way of looking at patents my young friend. Have you ever heard of first mover advantage? Patents are restricted, you must strike hard when the iron is hot.

Others have already corrected your mis-information on what Brad has been doing in this forum and the company. So I hope you understand better now.
    Apparently I am as naive now as I was before you and Chookie sorted my mind out.

PS: I am not connected with Revetec and not a share holder. My interest is technical and appreciative of the efforts Brad puts in to inform engineers on what he's achieving and willingly answering questions and offering advice. An ideal UCP member. THanks B
    All well and good but still Chookie/Brad/Santos/Easter Bunny still have not responded to my original question i.e. what resources has Brad allocated to this project. Brad doesn't have to answer me, I just hope that he considers the implications of what will happen if he is silly enough to think that he can do this himself. No-one is, this project is too big and too important for one man to handle. Hence the 10 year delay in a project that honestly should have been completed years ago
    Last edited by Wonderer; 06-16-2007 at 05:00 AM.

Too difficult to read.
    Can you please use the review button and work on editing quotes so others can read.
    The easiest way to split a post up in a quote is to put
    [ / quote ] ( no spaces ) at the end of the first part, put in your comments and then
    [ quote ] ( again no spaces ) at the end of your comment and the original posters text will appear as another quote box.
    Would be worth going back and editing your earlier posts for clarity.
    Hope that helps

I'l hold on my response till then so I dont' miss anything.

For the record, I worked in R&D for 30 years and was worldwide program manager for a leading edge multinational . .... and not only have patents but have also spent millions defending ( not me personally -- the company ) !!! "Striking early" is THE most common mistake made by new patentees
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information