Page 44 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: A work of pure genius! - Brilliant "Revetec" Engine

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    So I have in fact offered assistance.
    I would consider that criticism, rather than "assistance".

Assistance might imply that you intended to do good, which, from your comments, does not seem to be the case.

If you genuinely wanted to help the company, I would have thought that raising any urgent concerns in private would be the best way to address the matter.

Maybe I am wrong, but to me it appears that you are more interested in stirring up a generally negative attitude towards the company and its management - something that would ultimately only serve to hinder, rather than help.

I am not a board member and not employed as a 'strategic partner' of the company
    So why have you taken it upon yourself to make these comments, if it does not affect you directly?

I am not saying you cannot make whatever comment you like, within the UCP guidelines, but I find it odd that you have taken it upon yourself to "campaign", as you put it, in such a manner if you have nothing to gain or loose from the ultimate result of such a campaign.

Who said that I am insulting Scotsmen? You are confused and wrong.
    What am I confused and wrong about?

That you insulted someone, or that he is Scottish?

I know being called a "wanker" and an "ageing engineer reliving his past glory" by people like you is akin to water off a duck's back to M et A, but the intention seems quite clear on that front.

I've never known M et A to deny rumours of his nationality, either.

I have received countless private messages from people not participating in this forum congratulating me for my comments.
    I wasn't aware that it was a popularity contest.

Have some more congratulations on winning Ultimate Car Page.

As for who you are, who you do or don't work for, whatever people of importance you claim read these comments, the nature of your underwear or the contents of your mind - It is all totally irrelevant.

I am merely intrigued at the reasoning for such a seemingly unwarranted, largely negative "campaign".
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 07-02-2007 at 05:24 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

As a note: Revetec was listed by the New Energy Congress as one of the world's Top 100 New Energy Technologies. Although we are down the list, we seem to be the most advanced in development compared to other engines above us. Also most of the engines are actually air motors or external combustion.
    Last edited by revetec; 07-02-2007 at 06:14 PM.

evetec;728008]Wonderer: Reading your response and the way you worded it I can tell you are more than an observer. Especially your comment of "I have assisted by discussing the lack of information being released to shareholders."
    Your interpretation is your business. I have received messages from at least 8separate people with feedback on my comments and in fact 3 compalined that there was more information on this site then on your web site and the NSX. I reviewed the content and agree with them.

The focus is on you and your company, so unlike you I ca disappear and never speak again however you are in the lime light so dont forget that.

On a discussion forum people may ask questions on the technology, try to bag it, make comparisons etc. But comments like lack of communication with shareholders and questioning the management experience and expertise? Why would you question our expertise when you haven't met us or know us, or know our capabilities in full?
    You clearly miss the point, I don't need to meet you in person to make that judgement, it is my opinion of you and thats that. If you dont agree that is your business, but let me tell you I dont appear to be alone. Sorry.

Lack of information to shareholders? If you weren't a shareholder, you would say something like "Lack of information to the public"
    See comment above; I am getting messages from"others" so please dont get upset with me, I am stating what they are telling me and I agree with them.

I'm not trying to bag you, but please don't misrepresent yourself. Information is given when we can. If a manufacturer asks us not to disclose our dealings with them or their name, then we are legally bound not to do so. Nothing to do with our expertise or business skills, purely this is the way larger businesses operate. They don't want their competitors to know what they are doing, so we can't disclose. Simple as that
    I understand this, and all I am suggesting is that you perhaps tell those poor people who have supported you over the years and who are now waiting for results via the appropriate channels and not some forum. It makes perfect logical sense. Agree or disagree I dont care, its just a basic fact.

What campaign is that? Do you think our technology is no good? We have produced good results. Do you disagree with our business model? Do you simply not like the directors? So what is it? Tell me.
    Sir, you are reading into my words a tad too much. I have no campaign, I have no agenda. I came along and said that its taking a while to get the engine completed and perhaps you may need some help. This simple comment has now exploded into all these other issues. Lets stop wasting time, I will stop making comments and we will await the test results in August. I am waiving the white flag cause enough is enough and I dont like arguing when there is work to be done.

Engine development is very technical and advances do not take place weekly. When modifications are needed, they may take several months each to do. There is initial analysis, design changes including various designs and stress analysis, manufacture of components, assembly and testing. This process means that sometimes many months go by until we have something more to announce. Do you hear announcement after announcement from say GM on a new engine they are working on? No. There usually is only one announcement at the start where they say what they are going to do and one after they have finished and have results.
    This is so wrong it is not funny. First of all GM dont design and engineer all their engines.

Secondly, you need to get info out there, becuase it is your duty.

We don't have the resources of GM that can spend a US$1 billion and put a 200 man team on it.
    That is true and guess what GM dont have a US$1 billion either!!

But look at our advancements with our limited budget and team. I designed the X4 engine in 3.5 months which included the patent application. We had it built in 7 months from first conception to running engine. This is something that even GM would have trouble to do. This is why Siemens who own UGS/Solid Edge have featured the X4 on the new version of Solid Edge and their website, because they were amazed at our small time frame.
    It is an amazing accomplishment, provided the results are sound and the engine works.

We produced good test figures getting a BMEP figure of 10.67bar with a very basic top end. A Mercedes AMG V8 gets a BMEP of 10.5bar. I have designed the X4v2 engine in only 2 months and we are currently making all the components so we can test it in a vehicle and have a rev range up to 6,000rpm+. This should be completed in 5 weeks. I am also fitting EFI and many other things to this engine as well. I think our time frames are reasonable if not great, even compared to large corporations.
    Why are you telling me and the forum this?
    Shouldn't the freakin shareholders know this before us? Arn't there rules about this on the NSX/ASX/NASDX etc?
    This is my point!

Let's look at expertise of the board.

Myself, I am an innovative designer and I'm pretty quick. I know what the company needs as a product and I've come up with many innovative designs which have led into engine patents. I understand the business well.
    Agreed, but you are not considered a competent BOD member or business person. That is my opinion, and thats that.

Paul is an exceptional machinist and translates all the designs into reality at a very fast and accurate product. He also has owned his own business and is very good at understanding and solving problems whether it is prototyping or business direction.
    I am sure he is, I dont know the man and have never met him but I am sure he is all of the above.

Charles is a lawyer and understands the business requirements and direction as he has been with us from the start. I've been very impressed with his performance and has solved many problems in the business that the likes of KPMG etc had trouble solving. He in very innovative in this area especially. Charles also successfully applied and received a AUD$1million+ Federal government grant for our company. Only AUD$1.8 million was given out to Queensland companies and he got 55% of the states federal government grant budget for us. A big feat.
    No comment.

Our business is unique and is a bit outside the square, so it takes an innovate team to get it there. We have got that team.
    Understand. All the best and I look forward to your results in August.

Coventrysucks;728027]I would consider that criticism, rather than "assistance".
    It is constructive criticism my friend, obviously you are too proud.

Assistance might imply that you intended to do good, which, from your comments, does not seem to be the case.
    Not true, I am honestly helping (inthe background). I have emailed various associates regarding this technology and they are interested. I dont care what you think of me, believe or not; seriously it doesn't matter to me one bit.

If you genuinely wanted to help the company, I would have thought that raising any urgent concerns in private would be the best way to address the matter.
    Sadly that wouldn't work due to my own profiling of Brad. I read over the comments he has posted on this and may other forums and was convinced he would not respond. What kind of world do you live in? You dont get results from private messages, you get it in the open air and make a big deal about it.

Maybe I am wrong, but to me it appears that you are more interested in stirring up a generally negative attitude towards the company and its management - something that would ultimately only serve to hinder, rather than help.
    This is not my goal and I apologise if this is how I have portrayed myself. I want to help and just wanted to get my point across. I have dcided to shut up for now and wait till August when the results are published.

So why have you taken it upon yourself to make these comments, if it does not affect you directly?
    My freind it does affect me directly becuase this technology ha steh potential to save our enviornment and I would hate to see this technology wasted. So, it affects you, me and Depree.

I am not saying you cannot make whatever comment you like, within the UCP guidelines, but I find it odd that you have taken it upon yourself to "campaign", as you put it, in such a manner if you have nothing to gain or loose from the ultimate result of such a campaign.
    I dont have a campaign, forget what I said. Lets just be buddies and wait till August.

What am I confused and wrong about?

That you insulted someone, or that he is Scottish?

I know being called a "wanker" and an "ageing engineer reliving his past glory" by people like you is akin to water off a duck's back to M et A, but the intention seems quite clear on that front.

I've never known M et A to deny rumours of his nationality, either.
    Sir, I am confused and wont even try to repond. I love SCOTISH people and in fact am married to one who is half Scottish and half Australian.

As for who you are, who you do or don't work for, whatever people of importance you claim read these comments, the nature of your underwear or the contents of your mind - It is all totally irrelevant.

I am merely intrigued at the reasoning for such a seemingly unwarranted, largely negative "campaign".
    In summary, we all want this technology to work.. all who agree say "I"
    So, forget about me and lets focus on the August results.

Cheers

Thank god W has seen fit to bless us with an ignore button.

Your interpretation is your business. I have received messages from at least 8separate people with feedback on my comments and in fact 3 compalined that there was more information on this site then on your web site and the NSX. I reviewed the content and agree with them.

The focus is on you and your company, so unlike you I ca disappear and never speak again however you are in the lime light so dont forget that.
    It's funny that the shareholders would tell you, an apparent total stranger that I don't give them enough information yet they haven't approached me directly other than one shareholder who has recently. We are almost ready to release more news.

I understand this, and all I am suggesting is that you perhaps tell those poor people who have supported you over the years and who are now waiting for results via the appropriate channels and not some forum. It makes perfect logical sense. Agree or disagree I dont care, its just a basic fact.

Why are you telling me and the forum this?
    Shouldn't the freakin shareholders know this before us? Arn't there rules about this on the NSX/ASX/NASDX etc?
    If they or you would take time to read the information on the NSXA then there would be no problems here.

Quote from announcement on the NSXA 3rd of May 2007:
    "The next stage of testing involves modifying the engine for installation into a car so that the fuel consumption (Litres per 100km) can be independently certified, by undertaking testing of the engine under Australian and International guidelines.
    During this stage we will take the opportunity to improve some engine components which will be modified to increase the durability of engine performance."

Did you miss something there. We stated we were modifying the X4 and putting it into a vehicle and we were making improvements. Get your facts straight before you start slinging mud.

Sir, you are reading into my words a tad too much. I have no campaign, I have no agenda. I came along and said that its taking a while to get the engine completed and perhaps you may need some help.
    When we had more staff it took a team of guys 2 years to get an engine running properly. So your saying that 7 months from concept to running engine is too long and we need help? Give me a break, we are running along at a very fast pace now.

This is so wrong it is not funny. First of all GM dont design and engineer all their engines.
    I didn't say that GM design all their engines. Where did that come from?

Secondly, you need to get info out there, becuase it is your duty.
    It is also my duty not to disclose confidential information and render myself or Revetec liable. We release information when we can.

It is an amazing accomplishment, provided the results are sound and the engine works.
    The results are sound so we announced the results. Only a few shareholders have read the announcement on performance and contacted me with congrats. I have also had 20 shareholders contact me about wanting to know about the results who haven't bothered to go to the NSXA first and look. The remaining shareholders probably haven't looked, which I have no control over.
    Last edited by revetec; 07-03-2007 at 12:13 AM.

Sadly that wouldn't work due to my own profiling of Brad. I read over the comments he has posted on this and may other forums and was convinced he would not respond. What kind of world do you live in? You dont get results from private messages, you get it in the open air and make a big deal about it.
    You obviously haven't read this and any forum regarding Revetec thoroughly, and you obviously haven't met me. I have always been approachable and have always responded when I could. I don't always have the time to do it straight away due to work load, but I do respond if I can. If I can't, then I say I can't answer the questions. Most forum users like yourself would rather assume things and post your ignorant comments in a very nasty way,rather than nicely ask. Like... "Can you please tell me what is Revetec doing at the moment". My response would be...'Please read the announcement dated 3rd May 2007 on the NSXA". And I would probably post a link like...Development update 03/05/07

If you have been to our AGM you would see that after the meeting is closed I answer questions to the shareholders quite openly and publically. I stay back until everyone has asked me what they wanted to (I'm usually the last to leave the AGM), and I have had no negative feedback from anyone. My email address is [email protected] and you can send me an email to there or [email protected] if you like. My mobile number is International: +61 433 160643 or Local: 0433 160643, and you can phone me if you have any questions and I will answer them if I am able to. If I am unable to answer them, you'll have to respect the confidentiality I have to adhere to.

None of the above contacts have been secret and everyone has the opportunity to contact me direct.
    Last edited by revetec; 07-03-2007 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by revetec View Post
    You obviously haven't read this and any forum regarding Revetec. I have always been approachable and have always responded when I could. I don't always have the time to do it straight away due to work load, but I do respond if I can. If I can't, then I say I can't answer the questions. Most forum users like yourself would rather assume things and post your ignorant comments in a very nasty way,rather than nicely ask. Like... "Can you please tell me what is Revetec doing at the moment". My response would be...'Please read the announcement dated 3rd May 2007 on the NSXA". And I would probably post a link like...Development update 03/05/07

If you have been to our AGM you would see that after the meeting is closed I answer questions to the shareholders quite openly and publically. I stay back until everyone has asked me what they wanted to (I'm usually the last to leave the AGM), and I have had no negative feedback from anyone. My email address is [email protected] and you can send me an email to there or [email protected] if you like. My mobile number is International: +61 433 160643 or Local: 0433 160643, and you can phone me if you have any questions and I will answer them if I am able to. If I am unable to answer them, you'll have to respect the confidentiality I have to adhere to.

None of the above contacts have been secret and everyone has the opportunity to contact me direct.
    Apart from this forum, where else have you disclosed information regarding the
    BMEP figure of 10.67bar with a very basic top end?

Answer this simple question.

Now answer this question, WHY DIDN'T YOU RELEASE THIS TO YOUR SHAREHOLDERS first. Why is this critical information as well as the rendered drawings as well as updates on the EFI system as well as updates on the August timing on this forum instead of your web site.

You need to learn how to communicate and be more strategically minded about how you conduct yourself as a director.

Apart from this forum, where else have you disclosed information regarding the
    BMEP figure of 10.67bar with a very basic top end?

Answer this simple question.

Now answer this question, WHY DIDN'T YOU RELEASE THIS TO YOUR SHAREHOLDERS first. Why is this critical information as well as the rendered drawings as well as updates on the EFI system as well as updates on the August timing on this forum instead of your web site.

You need to learn how to communicate and be more strategically minded about how you conduct yourself as a director.
    If we increased the performance of the benchmarked engine's power (aircraft engine) by 26% and torque by 22% then the BMEP figure would be around what I stated. Most shareholders don't know what a BMEP figure is and it was easier to announce the power and torque gains.

The image of the engine with the injectors (EFI) is in our Image gallery on our website. Have you looked? We posted it there first and it is in a higher resolution.

Again you have come back with an aggressive post rather than ask nicely.
    Last edited by revetec; 07-03-2007 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by revetec View Post
    If we increased the performance of the benchmarked engine's power by 26% and torque by 22% then the BMEP figure would be around what I stated.

The image of the engine with the injectors (EFI) is in our Image gallery on our website. Have you looked?
    Ask nicely.. is that how your deal with Mahindra. "Guys if you ask nicely I will give you the stats you need. Guys if you ask nicely I will give you some more data. If you ask nicely I will bend over...

Bull crap..

BMEP is calculated based on a specific formula that requires certain inputs. You cant just calculate a BMEP with a 26% power increase and 22% torque. It is true that most people don't know what BMEP is however most people would try and find out. Also, your power and torque comments are meaningless if there are no details about what you are comparing it to. It is meaningless, however BMEP is a definitive measure and is tangible.

Regarding the image of the engine, you suck as a marketer cause the pic you have is fantastic so you should be promoting it as much as possibe instead of hiding it away in the pic section.

Learn from your mistakes and you will some day be better for it.

SIMPLE
    Last edited by Wonderer; 07-03-2007 at 12:32 AM.

Bull crap..

BMEP is calculated based on a specific formula that requires certain inputs. You cant just calculate a BMEP with a 26% power increase and 22% torque. And if that was the case then perhaps you should consider that there are people out there that do not have "engineering degrees" and are unaware of the relationship between BMEP and other dyanmic stats of an engine.

Regarding the image of the engine, you suck as a marketer cause the pic you have is fantastic so youu should be promoting it as much as possibe instead of hiding it away in the pic section.

Learn from your mistakes and you will some day be better for it.

SIMPLE
    Formula for BMEP Inputs are BMEP = 150.8 x TORQUE (lb-ft) / DISPLACEMENT (ci)

Everyone knows what the size of the engine is and we have stated how much increase in torque we achieved.

As far as marketing goes we are planning several things at the moment. Siemens are featuring us on their virtual reality site which we are building an animated model for and they are also displaying that picture as well as many others including videos.
    When our 3D display is finished, we will link it to our website.

We featured in PLM news Link to scanned article

Look at these other links:

UGS Case Study
    UGS Featured Image - Solid Edge Version 20 release due now.
    Design World Article

These links can be found at Wikipedia where a lot of traffic enters into our website from.

All these can be found with a simple google search.
    Last edited by revetec; 07-03-2007 at 12:44 AM.

revetec;728134]Formula for BMEP Inputs are BMEP = 150.8 x TORQUE (lb-ft) / DISPLACEMENT (ci

Everyone knows what the size of the engine is and we have stated how much increase in torque we achieved.
    What measurement of torque?
    Also, what are you comparing your engine to again? You didnt answer that question..

Hang on, I didn't ask nicely, let me try again

Can you please tell me what you compared your engine to that enabled you to give out the power and torque increases?

A
    s far as marketing goes we are planning several things at the moment. Siemens are featuring us on their virtual reality site which we are building an animated model for. We featured in PLM news Link to scanned article

Look at these other links:

UGS Case Study
    UGS Featured Image - Solid Edge Version 20 release due now.
    Design World Article
    Are you freakin kiddin, who cares what SEMEN think. That aint gonna help in promoting the company and establishing some basic morale amongst shareholders and estblishing some understanding with key people outside in the real world.

If you were a true business man and a true marketer you would be:

- updating the NSX with regular information on the engine (without giving specifics)
    - you would explain the significance of the BMEP versus competitor engines
    - you would post images of the engine and make relative comparisons about its size versus other engines
    - you would be attempting to establish strategic relationships with green groups to assist in raising the profile of the company
    - you would approach as many green lobby groups with images of the engine and basic stats of the engine to lift the profile of the company
    - you would approach engine manufacturers not only auto manufacturers with this technology and offer them a key to the future
    - I have 50 other ideas that you can use but not one centres around SIEMENS and their ridiculous perspective of your design and how wonderful you are
    Last edited by Wonderer; 07-03-2007 at 12:49 AM.

What measurement of torque?
    Also, what are you comparing your engine to again? You didnt answer that question..

Hang on, I didn't ask nicely, let me try again

Can you please tell me what you compared your engine to that enabled you to give out the power and torque increases?
    I'm not going to stir any competitor up by naming them but they are a leader in aviation engines.

Are you freakin kiddin, who cares what SEMEN think. That aint gonna help in promoting the company and establishing some basic morale amongst shareholders and estbalishing some understanding with ke people outside in the real world.
    Again your response is Childish. Why don't you ask politely for info of why.

So your saying that it is a waste of time for every automotive company that uses UGS products (A great number) to not only see our engine on their website, 3D showroom and splash screens every time they launch their software. Hmmmmmmm.....

- updating the NSX with regular information on the engine (without giving specifics)
    - you would post images of the engine and make relative comparisons about its size verus other engines
    - you would be attempting to establish strategic relationships with green groups to assist in raising the profile of the company
    - you would approach as many green lobby groups with images of the engine and basic stats of the engine to lift the profile of teh company
    - you would approach engine manufacturers not auto manufacturers with this technology and offer them a key to the future
    - i have 50 other ideas that you can use but not one centres around SIEMENS and their ridiculous perspective of your design and how wonderful you are
    As I've stated, there is an information update coming very soon. Our clients are the ones who are interested in the BMEP figures. We have told our shareholders on the NSXA of the increases in performance and they weren't slight increases, they were huge gains. As far as green groups, we have been named in the New Energy Congress Top 100 Technologies : July 3, 2007. This is as Green as it gets. We are strategically working through the manufacturers that will bring the technology to fruition earliest and who have the ability to manufacture the engine or has the manufacturing volumes to make it viable to manufacture for them.

I don't really get off on articles on myself. I look at them as advertising for Revetec. Siemens produce large power plants and they have customers in almost every area of engineering. They also deal with a large manufacture base of engines and are a good promoter of our technology. I know you have heard of Siemens. The increased exposure with them will bring further opportunities in business and marketing.

BTW. In fiscal 2006, Siemens generated sales of more than €87 billion and net income of over €3 billion in its six business areas Information and Communications, Automation and Control, Power, Transportation, Medical, and Lighting.
    Last edited by revetec; 07-03-2007 at 01:08 AM.

Wonderer;

For a person trying to market themselves as a well intentioned and well meaning observer you suck as a marketer.

For a person in the the role that Brad is playing (CEO and Chief Design Engineer) I think he is doing a rather good job, and is not
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer
    you are not considered a competent BOD member or business person.
    to those shareholders (and some potential share holders - including me) who post here. I'd be more than happy to see the other persons who have contacted you express the same opinions here. Information release is a carefully balanced thing and when a company is small with overlapping roles then there is much more work for the individual. This can be a fine line to tread, and as a Director Brad appears to be doing that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer
    Are you freakin kiddin, who cares what SEMEN think. That aint gonna help in promoting the company and establishing some basic morale amongst shareholders and estblishing some understanding with key people outside in the real world.

- you would post images of the engine and make relative comparisons about its size versus other engines
    - you would approach as many green lobby groups with images of the engine and basic stats of the engine to lift the profile of the company
    - you would approach engine manufacturers not only auto manufacturers with this technology and offer them a key to the future
    - I have 50 other ideas that you can use but not one centres around SIEMENS and their ridiculous perspective of your design and how wonderful you are

I may not be the oldest member of this forum, and definitely not the most experienced when it comes to engine design and development, but the language you use in your posts is what I expect to see during destabilisations and hostile take overs. This is not at all helpful to the Revetec development, and as a concerned citizen of the planet I'm failing to see how this is helping you achieve your goal.

I'm not sure Brad cares about your 50 wonderful marketing ideas, as its HIS company and he is designer and innovator first, marketer and business man second. As he is still in the prototype stage how is him wasting development time talking to green groups help him get the engine finished - something you think is already taking too long?
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Let's look at our last 1350cc engine that produced 140Nm of torque@3,700rpm which has been publically available for at least a year.
    So the formula is BMEP(psi) = 150.8 x TORQUE (lb-ft) / DISPLACEMENT (ci)
    So that's BMEP(psi) = 150.8 x 92.7 / 82.4
    So BMEP(psi) = 13979.16 / 82.4
    So BMEP(psi) = 169.65
    Convert that to bar and you get 11.65bar@3,700rpm, a very good figure.

We plan to beat this with the X4.

Not many bothered to do a simple calculation because the average person doesn't relate to BMEP or know what it is. The auto manufacturers and technical people do. The torque and engine capacity has been available to the public for about 12 months. The general public could relate to the torque figure of 140Nm for a 1.35litre engine was good. We released the torque figure and anyone who understood and wanted to know the BMEP figure would know how to calculate it, and would do so.

So your comments showing you're surprised and angry that I haven't shared this aspect of our engine's high torque and efficiency with everyone dumbfounds me. This is what I've been telling everyone since I started out.
    Last edited by revetec; 07-03-2007 at 02:11 AM.

Thread Information