Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: New Mix!!! Progression4

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Burnaby BC
    Posts
    704

    New Mix!!! Progression4

    I recall that some of you liked a DJ mix that I had posted a while back. Here's a new one for download.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/2595576/...plete.mp3.html

    Here's the track list
    Progression4
    • Tides – Beanfield (Carl Craig’s Minimal Mix)
    • Tides – Beanfield (C’s Movement + Carl Craig’s Minimal Mix) taken from Fundacion NYC.
    • Four Squares – Adam Johnson (taken from Fundacion NYC.)
    • Your Light – Trafik (Luke Chable’s RT3D mix)
    • Talk to Me – K-Klass
    • Club Wire – Joris Voorn
    • A Thing of Beauty – Technasia
    • Superfreak – Josh Wink (Blakkat Mix)
    • Itz not Over – Hardfloor
    • Nothing in its Wrong Place – Radiohead (Josh Wink mix)
    • Lycra – Alter Ego (Dub Mix)
    • Wisdom to the Wise – Dave Clarke
    • Zoo York – Paul Oakenfold
    14. Anon – Alias & Tarsier ( just because)

    Let me know what you all think!!!
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    England, london
    Posts
    3,348
    SO this is a DJ Mix? That mean what like Trance music or something?
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    188
    My ears say yes to download but my mind says no
    I'm a real boy!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,828
    Ill put it on my mp3-player and listen it on the way to school. I'll get back to you tonight.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Eindhoven
    Posts
    4,059
    I downloaded it but it is way too long. A mix of over one hour... It's not bad but perhaps you should only mix the radio edits and not the whole songs...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

    Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,828
    Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    I downloaded it but it is way too long. A mix of over one hour... It's not bad but perhaps you should only mix the radio edits and not the whole songs...
    dude look around a bit in the trance world 90% of trance mixes are over an hour

    About the mix itself two things stand out.
    1) the use of effects.
    I notice quite a lot of (flanger?) effects. A few seconds is more than enough.Check around minute 42. Once in a while,ok,but this is just too much.
    2) Is this progressive in your eyes ?
    You chose one of the hardest styles of trance there are for a DJ. Nice to see you gave it a try. It is a pity the songs are slightly outdated though. In prog. especially it goes so fast. last weeks song is allready outdated... (thats why it is called prgressive offcourse )

    There are some slight mix-up errors but with enough practice i am sure you will do much better I must say it doesnt sound bad at all, I was expecting one of these n00b DJ's again Good going mate !!! It's much better as what i can do

    May i know what ecuipment you are using ? Vinyl or do you prefer CD ?(I prefer vynil but it is a very personal thing ..)

    PS: done any remixes yet ? Or did you create your own songs ? If you want to be succesful as a DJ you really have to get that done !!! Try Fruityloops,its a good programme for it.
    Last edited by drakkie; 11-09-2006 at 09:17 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    No(r)way.
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    dude look around a bit in the trance world 90% of trance mixes are over an hour

    About the mix itself two things stand out.
    1) the use of effects.
    I notice quite a lot of (flanger?) effects. A few seconds is more than enough.Check around minute 42. Once in a while,ok,but this is just too much.
    2) Is this progressive in your eyes ?
    You chose one of the hardest styles of trance there are for a DJ. Nice to see you gave it a try. It is a pity the songs are slightly outdated though. In prog. especially it goes so fast. last weeks song is allready outdated... (thats why it is called prgressive offcourse )

    There are some slight mix-up errors but with enough practice i am sure you will do much better I must say it doesnt sound bad at all, I was expecting one of these n00b DJ's again Good going mate !!! It's much better as what i can do

    May i know what ecuipment you are using ? Vinyl or do you prefer CD ?(I prefer vynil but it is a very personal thing ..)

    PS: done any remixes yet ? Or did you create your own songs ? If you want to be succesful as a DJ you really have to get that done !!! Try Fruityloops,its a good programme for it.
    You are to kind...

    we are not worthy....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    6,543
    Pft...you call it progression and yet there's no prog in sight.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,697
    IMHO, this isn't that great.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

    ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Burnaby BC
    Posts
    704
    Thanks drakkie, that is what I call constructive crit.

    I use Traktor 3.0 from Native Instruments. The reason for the songs being "old" is that I am not rich enough to blow moolah left and right on the all of the latest tunes. I use beatport to buy music, but now I am a student so the money does not go far. I tend to wait for some free tracks to be posted on beatport, and then mix them at a much later date, when 9 courses worth of homework chills out.
    IF I had money I'd have a ton of vinyl and run something like Final Scratch as well as a pair of CDJ units.... But I don't.

    Anyway, enjoy it, I'll keep practicing when I am able to. As for the genre... I still can't tell the difference between all of these damn niches. I just DJ what I like, and go from there.

    Oh and Progression is just it's name, and not it's genre... I think.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Pft...you call it progression and yet there's no prog in sight.
    Its a sad world today Esper.



    Long live!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New DJ Mix. Progression2
    By KonaGreen in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 12:03 PM
  2. a big mix up, shake up
    By targa in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-28-2006, 05:25 PM
  3. valve shrouding
    By paul in forum Technical forums
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 03:41 PM
  4. Do You Like Hip Hop Mix Tapes?
    By Rebirth of Xar in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 07:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •