View Poll Results: The 'Vette or the Viper?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chevorlet Corvette Z06

44 67.69%
  • Dodge Viper SRT-10

21 32.31%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chevorlet Corvette Z06 vs. Dodge Viper SRT-10

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i would of thought having something nobody else has heard of would be good...
    plus, saleen don't export the S7, which contributes a little bit to them selling all of 75 S7's since it's introduction. shame
    if i was rich, i'd get one just to show up all the ferrari toffs lol
    "yeah that's right..i'm so exclusive you don't even know what this is."
    i guess the problem may be is if you rock up to the country club and people are like "saleen? oh you mean like the mustang"
    Hahahaha. I dunno, I'd think the rich would want the most famous thing they can get their hands on. Yeah, they definitely want something incredibly rare too, but it's why people buy BMW's near where I live. They either buy an M3 for sport, or they buy another BMW because.....it's a BMW. It carries status in the social-economic world.

The Mustang connection probably only hurts the Saleen's prestige (or furthers the lack thereof).
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

The Corvette Rules

Quote Originally Posted by rhsxc
    The Corvette Rules
    Good point. The reason I prefer the viper to the corvette is one the purity that comes with the Viper the barely altered connection between the dirver and the car. Also, the Z06 differs very little from the base C6 that it does not establish the awe factor many people seek, then again people may seek the sleeper factor, but still if you're in a corvette its generally a fast car. Also the Z06 has multiple problems that are being addressed, but for a sports car these problems should have been addressed before production. I know every car has its initial flaws, but not flaws as big as roof detachment. The Viper is raw, better finished, has the presence to rival many super cars, and is modifiable beyond the Z06. Now given my answer is bias a little , I can't wait to see the NAIAS show for the 2008 Viper.

To me, the Viper is like an American TVR, big engine, massive power, low weight (for a car carrying an 8 litre truck engine) and wants to kill you handling. Only its styling is a little bland (bring back the stripes!) compared to what else is on off these days, their are BMWs that are more striking!
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

South Surrey, B.C, Canada. A place where you will see Cookie Monster eating cheese. If you're lucky, that is.
    Viper is just one mean, powerful car, for sure. But the 'Vette has style, simply put. It has style.
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Detroit Pistons fan
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Atlanta Falcons fan

How so, they general shape hasn't changed much since the 70s?
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    How so, they general shape hasn't changed much since the 70s?
    It's a stylish shape for him?

EDIT: It makes sense - The C3, C5 and C6 (the C4 was too flat for me) all had great, sexy lines. The general shape is one of a coke-bottle, when looked at from above - the cars have a sense of "hips", which many find attractive.

In my opinion the sexiness of the Corvette went away with the chrome bumbers in the early 70's in the C3. Since then there might have been good looking Corvettes, but not really sexy ones. Altough the same has happened with other cars.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

im guessing we have all seen this before:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ine=1129846567

but...Jason Plato says that there is not one thing about the viper he likes. Now hes a touring car champion so i'd tend to agree with him.
    autozine.org

South Surrey, B.C, Canada. A place where you will see Cookie Monster eating cheese. If you're lucky, that is.
    I've been told that a thread dies after half a year...
    The new Viper has just stolen the show though.
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Detroit Pistons fan
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Atlanta Falcons fan

Quote Originally Posted by Drift Illusion
    No...not really

Quote Originally Posted by Drift Illusion
    The Viper, the Camaro, and the "Italian Job" Guigaro Mustang got by far the most attention. The Viper....omg.....the engine....is so massive, it's like what (Insert name of mother of someone you don't like here) said last night while in bed with a polar bear.

sorry to bump this thread up, but i figgured someone might be interested in the imput of someone who has actually driven both cars. I had the opportuinity to drive both the 2006 Corvette Z-06 and the 2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 coupe back to back. the Viper is exactly what it claims to be and nothing more, it is a sports car with more than adaquate handling and no electronic nanny's to coddle you when you screw up, it's very much like the old Shelby Cobra's, they do exactly what you tell them to do and nothing more, if that happens to be going sideways at 70 mph and into a tree sideways, it'll do it. the Corvette Z-06 is a very nice car, it handles extremely well, and is a slightly more forgiving car than the viper. from seat of the pants feel the Z-06 is also more powerful and more enguaging to drive, all in all both me and my girlfriend(who was a viper freak before she drove the Z-06) came to the conclusion that the Z-06 was the better car.

Mopar Man Myself Son Got A Vette Great Car
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vipor's
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information