View Poll Results: The 'Vette or the Viper?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chevorlet Corvette Z06

44 67.69%
  • Dodge Viper SRT-10

21 32.31%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chevorlet Corvette Z06 vs. Dodge Viper SRT-10

the corvette is a proper supercar whereas the viper is basically a truck with less room, great fun, but i'd still rather want a Z06

Quote Originally Posted by sjoerd9718
    the corvette is a proper supercar whereas the viper is basically a truck with less room, great fun, but i'd still rather want a Z06
    What makes the Corvette more "proper" than the Viper???

Define "Supercar" please? For some, a very capable yet still well rounded car is a supercar. For others, its anything with some type of performance as it's primary (sometimes only) goal.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I don't know. They are both great cars to buy. The Corvette has a bit more tuning parts in it, especially the LS7 engine. However the Corvette is for me, even though I love Viper's more than Corvette's, because the Corvette has the magical Magnetic Ride Control, whereas the Viper has the better look. If the Corvette didn't have MRC, it would be a draw...
    Signature removed, no spam allowed.

the viper imo is not as good a supercar as the vette because it basically is a dragracer, very good at acceleration but the vette is extremely when corners approach as well, so it is more of an allround supercar.

the viper imo is not as good a supercar as the vette because it basically is a dragracer, very good at acceleration but the vette is extremely when corners approach as well, so it is more of an allround supercar.
    Vipers can hold their own on road courses, I've seen them do very well on track days. They aren't only drag racers.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

I may have exxagerated a bit, but I still think a Z06 is a better allround supercar

I may have exxagerated a bit, but I still think a Z06 is a better allround supercar
    Well, good for you. I'm sure you've had experience with both cars to base that opinion on.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

okay this is probably going nowhere but from what i've read in car magazines I think the corvette is probably the better car

okay this is probably going nowhere but from what i've read in car magazines I think the corvette is probably the better car
    This is indeed going nowhere. Why don't you share what you read that makes you feel the Vette is better?

Last edited by sjoerd9718; 12-17-2006 at 11:47 AM.

They make a huge point of the new Vette's lack of a communicative chassis.....thats the main jist I got from skimming that articles Corvette piece.

Iy may be trickier but in the hands of someone capable it's a lot faster 7.42.9 min. versus 8.13 for the Viper: http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?vie...ID=0&tID=10073 on what may be the most challenging track in the world, the Nordschleife

Supercars.net.....never use that as a source, lol. I have indeed heard of that time, and I know it is true. However, supercars.net is notoriously innaccurate usually, so be careful

for these two times there is a source and who did it or what magazine did it, supercars is not the only one talking about it, but is was what I could find. But I do agree in general ucp is more reliable
    Last edited by sjoerd9718; 12-17-2006 at 12:07 PM.

Thread Information