Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Euro cars are better?

cool. okies.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    You have clearly never been able to compare a Audi a4/a6 to a C5 Believe me the french cars are still much,much better driving cars than the geman pieces of shit Especially the Hydractive-using CITROENS
    Yeah it's true other than a couple of British makes Euro-cars are pretty much just represented in the U.S. by the Germans. But honestly, aren't the Germans considered the leaders even in Europe?
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Born in Europe. Do Not live in Europe anymore.
    yeah i like audi more than citroen
    i own 2 german cars (porsche & mercedes-benz)
    i'm gonna get a new car one day
    (hopefully a good one)

Honestly! I can't believe it! Reliability! Its not that important! Ok maybe it is very slightly, but not really. Your not going to say oh i love the Alfa 159. Its a spicy Italian car and its jaw-droppingly beautiful, but i won't have one because its unreliable. What sort of person would do that? If you really like a car, you won't bother with reliability. I love the Aston DB9 and Mercedes S65 AMG. And surprise suprise, they're both "unreliable" cars. Straight after you drive the DB9 out oof the dealershipMy mother has had her Merc CLK500 for 2 years now. And within those 2 years it has never had any serious break downs. Just the occasional flat battery. But i don't see what everyone's fussing on about. Japanese car ownership is soo boring. My parents have only ever had 2 japanese cars. a toyota land bruiser and a lexus rx300. they never broke down. but dad's porsche has broken down so many time. the service guys at the porsche dealership are now one of my dad's closest friends. When i'm looking to buy a new car, my checklist looks like this:

Looks, Brand, Image, Speed, Power, Interior, Build Quality, Practicality, Price, Safety, Ownership costs and Reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurocar
    Honestly! I can't believe it! Reliability! Its not that important! Ok maybe it is very slightly, but not really.
    it is when your brand new AMV8 spends 28 days out of the first 31 days of ownership at the dealer. Or when your VW refuses to start, or breaks down somewhere leaving you stranded and you don't have the option of simply taking another car from the garage..
    Japanese car ownership is soo boring. My parents have only ever had 2 japanese cars. a toyota land bruiser and a lexus rx300.
    japanese cars are boring? maybe those two, but that's entirely your fault for getting two boring SUV's - how can any SUV short of a wrangler on a muddy trail be exciting?
    i suggest you try driving an evo, skyline, anything actually sporty from japan.
    but dad's porsche has broken down so many time.
    what model is it? they're supposed to be pretty dependable unless you pike out on the servicing costs
    Looks, Brand, Image, Speed, Power, Interior, Build Quality, Practicality, Price, Safety, Ownership costs and Reliability.
    LOL
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    LOL
    I agree, Looks and Brand Image? Can you get anymore superficial?

Quote Originally Posted by deanee
    i own 2 german cars (porsche & mercedes-benz)
    Yeah sure.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    No surprise there. With all the techno-gadgetry the Germans like to put in their cars and as over-engineered and difficult as they are to work on, is this really any surprise to anybody? I'm actually surprised the Japanese cars haven't stooped as low, as well as any American vehicles that also utilize all that computerized stuff.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information