Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 > Xbox 360.

PS3 > Xbox 360.

Well, in case you're not aware, I work at a Best Buy. For those who don't know what that is, it's a huge electronics store. Anyway, yesterday the PS3 demo got set up. And wow. Just wow.

First off, the console itself is huge. And shiny. Oh, so shiny. I wanted to touch it. Just so I could put fingerprints on its shinyness. The controllers are almost identical to PS2, except the L2 and R2 buttons are now more trigger-like. And there's an inset circle on the front that has the PS3 logo.

The graphics? Amazing. 360 doesn't hold a candle to them. The console is hooked up to a 20ish inch Samsung LCD running in 720p. There were 2 playable games, and a bunch of videos to watch. The basketball game they had made me want to play basketball. And I hate basketball. Every piece of wood had a slightly different grain to it, the player's reflections showed on the glossy court. A-ma-zing.

The other game they had was some offroad racing game whose name I can't remember. And that looked pretty stellar, too. The backgrounds in PS3 look better than the central game parts of PS2 games. It's just unreal.

So all of that, coupled with PS3's almost guaranteed domination of games once again, means that PS3 > Xbox 360. Sony will be getting my money, but not until a Grand Theft Auto or Gran Turismo game comes out. So hurry up, guys.

PS, my store is the largest in the district, and in the top 100 in the country, and we're getting <35 consoles (base and high end) total. Compared to almost 90 Wii's. And I think for the 360 launch last year they had 70-something. They will definitely be in short supply. I may have to borrow some money to get one and sell it on eBay. PROFIT!
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Awesome! But I'm just going to get a PSP, price is better

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Well, in case you're not aware, I work at a Best Buy. For those who don't know what that is, it's a huge electronics store. Anyway, yesterday the PS3 demo got set up. And wow. Just wow.

First off, the console itself is huge. And shiny. Oh, so shiny. I wanted to touch it. Just so I could put fingerprints on its shinyness. The controllers are almost identical to PS2, except the L2 and R2 buttons are now more trigger-like. And there's an inset circle on the front that has the PS3 logo.

The graphics? Amazing. 360 doesn't hold a candle to them. The console is hooked up to a 20ish inch Samsung LCD running in 720p. There were 2 playable games, and a bunch of videos to watch. The basketball game they had made me want to play basketball. And I hate basketball. Every piece of wood had a slightly different grain to it, the player's reflections showed on the glossy court. A-ma-zing.

The other game they had was some offroad racing game whose name I can't remember. And that looked pretty stellar, too. The backgrounds in PS3 look better than the central game parts of PS2 games. It's just unreal.

So all of that, coupled with PS3's almost guaranteed domination of games once again, means that PS3 > Xbox 360. Sony will be getting my money, but not until a Grand Theft Auto or Gran Turismo game comes out. So hurry up, guys.

PS, my store is the largest in the district, and in the top 100 in the country, and we're getting <35 consoles (base and high end) total. Compared to almost 90 Wii's. And I think for the 360 launch last year they had 70-something. They will definitely be in short supply. I may have to borrow some money to get one and sell it on eBay. PROFIT!
    You don't work at Best Buy. You didn't see the PS3. You suck.

Great story by the way, no one cares. <3
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Awesome! But I'm just going to get a PSP, price is better
    Meh, only if you're 100% sure you'll use it after like a month. The novelty wears off.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Meh, only if you're 100% sure you'll use it after like a month. The novelty wears off.
    Well I can get: NFS Carbon, Killzone Liberation and Socom FTB 2, so ill be ok

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I would've kept using that little great thing if I'm not home all the time right next to a X360-beater.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

in all REALITY you are a known Sony fanboy, and a lame one at that

PS3 graphics are 99% identical to that of Xbox360 graphics, and even then it depends on the game

there are no ps3 launch games that will be able to touch Gears of War graphically or gameplay wise...thats a very well known fact...and you would know it if you had really seen either a ps3 or GOW in action

Im not dissing the PS3, im buying one this friday too, but im selling it for $2000

and im not a xbox fanboy either, i happen to be one of the few people that doesnt take sides when it comes to these next gen consoles ...except for the Wii...which is nothing new at all

That being said, grow up, PS3 wont be worth buying for another year when games come out that are good...and even then the 360 will be hard to beat game wise since it is steamrollin along already
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I want one, but i hate how they have low and high end models! why not just split the difference?

how much is each model? and will PS2 games work?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

I guess the other 6 people that were standing around, 3 or 4 of which have 360's, are Sony fanboys too. We all agreed the PS3 looked better.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    I want one, but i hate how they have low and high end models! why not just split the difference?

how much is each model? and will PS2 games work?
    $500 for 20 gig, $600 for 60 gig with wifi

all ps2 games will work and something like 99% of ps1 games too

I guess the other 6 people that were standing around, 3 or 4 of which have 360's, are Sony fanboys too. We all agreed the PS3 looked better.
    I don't believe you. You are telling me that a launch title looks better than something that actually took a significant time to produce. Either your blind or your biased.

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    $500 for 20 gig, $600 for 60 gig with wifi

all ps2 games will work and something like 99% of ps1 games too
    WTF? why do i need 20 gigs? i already have an ipod i dont want to store music on my game console, why cant' i get it without a freaking harddrive in it?

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    You are telling me that a launch title looks better than something that actually took a significant time to produce.
    I don't understand this one?

The launch titles for PS3 didn't take a significant period of time to produce? So they just threw a game together in the last week and said, "Oh, screw it. It doesn't matter. It's just a launch title?"
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

The launch titles for PS3 didn't take a significant period of time to produce? So they just threw a game together in the last week and said, "Oh, screw it. It doesn't matter. It's just a launch title?"
    game developers got the ps3 dev kits only a few months ago...so yeah it was a very rushed product

and this is gonna hurt right now...for you anyways

I personally just went to Best Buy, there is no PS3 demo anywhere and NO best buy will be getting them until next week. FACT

You dug this hole yourself. You lied to everyone on here, you've shown your bias, you've been completely discredited.

game over

Thread Information