Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: PS3 > Xbox 360.

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    actaully im gonna use a buddies ebay name to sell, if i use ebay, ive never sold anything with my account

make it look professional, make sure you say stuff like "this is your only chance to buy a PS3 before Christmas, which is true" "dont let yourself or your kids down" funny but true

aka something that brings them to their knee's, they just gotta have it
    You are a ruthless buinessman.

NVIDIA sent out a press release today saying that 10 more G8x products will be on the way shortly

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    You are a ruthless buinessman.
    thats what makes the money

btw quiggs, as i was saying in ps3 launch thread, i got to play motostorm and nba 07 on a ps3 today

you extremely exaggerated the quility of the graphics, other poeple will see what i mean when they get to see and play it

they aren't even close to 360 yet, its gonna be a year wait till games are as good...graphically speaking

it really wasnt good at all

althought the new controller triggers are sweet
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    NVIDIA sent out a press release today saying that 10 more G8x products will be on the way shortly
    Aaaaaaaaaaand...?

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Who cares when I'm gonna have the best video card off the block and DX10 support?
    Is that what you guys live for? Lol. How many games are even going to take advantage of the latest graphics cards? And how much are you paying for them?

It seems like a case of one-upmanship with computers, "I'VE got a better, more expensive graphics card than youuuu!" etc. Can't you think of anything better to spend that money on? I'm sure your existing cards are already pretty good lol.

Sorry but you give the impression of some nerd who spends all day behind a computer screen jacking off at the thought of upgrading their PC. I hope for your sake that's not the case as there's more to life than that, you know?!...

Don't take this post as a personal attack, but please tell me you have a life away from the computer!
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

what's funny is that people did stuff like what quiggs did when the PS2 came out and they're doing it again.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    what's funny is that people did stuff like what quiggs did when the PS2 came out and they're doing it again.
    I'll refer you to post 36...as I said, it's childish to say the least. Some claimed the PS2's graphics were better than photos!

0m9! PS3 9r4f1x pwn r341i7y!

I hate it how people go on about how the PC is so much greater than a console and if you buy a console you are an idiot. Its like Alonso coming on this forum and going: "OMG you noobs my Renault F1 is so much faster than your Corsa stop being such and idiot and buying slow cars!"
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    I hate it how people go on about how the PC is so much greater than a console and if you buy a console you are an idiot. Its like Alonso coming on this forum and going: "OMG you noobs my Renault F1 is so much faster than your Corsa stop being such and idiot and buying slow cars!"
    There is a way my Corsa could win that race...if the race were over a field! Ground clearance>bottoming out!

IMO PC's are crap for games anyway. The reason being that there are too many compatability issues eg. 'Game X' won't work with 'Graphics Card Y' or 'Game A' wont run with 'Application B' installed. At least with a console such as the XBox 360 or PS3, once software's written to run on one, it'll run on them all (unless a console breaks but that's a possibility with any piece of electronic equipment).

The problem with PCs is that there is too much variation in the PC itself, the software can't be made to run on them all. That's why typically software on an Apple Mac runs more smoothly...everything's made by Apple so there's only a limited amount of variation in machine specifications. For that reason, given the equivalent of Direct X, I think a Mac could be a really good gaming platform. All us 'Maccies' need is for the games to be written in our language...

Apart from that, a good gaming PC will cost £'000s. A console (after a few months), maybe a couple of hundred, furthermore, consoles are easy. Not everyone can fit a PC in their bedroom for example, and not many people want to be bothered waiting for a PC to boot up and load for a quick casual game (another reason why I think a Mac would make a good gaming platform - the sleep function actually works with true 'instant on' afterwards).

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    Is that what you guys live for? Lol. How many games are even going to take advantage of the latest graphics cards? And how much are you paying for them?
    Current retail cost of a PS3 is $600, current retail cost of Geforce 8800 GTX is $650 so it seems the cost of leading edge performance on both consoles and computers is not so different. That is not even considering what the PS3s are actually selling for.

IMO PC's are crap for games anyway. The reason being that there are too many compatability issues eg. 'Game X' won't work with 'Graphics Card Y' or 'Game A' wont run with 'Application B' installed. At least with a console such as the XBox 360 or PS3, once software's written to run on one, it'll run on them all (unless a console breaks but that's a possibility with any piece of electronic equipment).
    This augment is completely apples and oranges. By that line of reasoning IMO consoles are crap for running word processing. If it is just a little computer I should be able to install OpenOffice on an Xbox, right?

Believe it or not the majority of the worlds PCs are not used for gaming. The biggest advantage of a PC is that it is not limited to running a particularly type of software. Yes it can be used to game or any number of other things, the same is not true of a console. However, I do agree that the specialization of software and hardware of a console is a benefit in terms of ease of playability if one is only interested in gaming.

The problem with PCs is that there is too much variation in the PC itself, the software can't be made to run on them all. That's why typically software on an Apple Mac runs more smoothly...everything's made by Apple so there's only a limited amount of variation in machine specifications. For that reason, given the equivalent of Direct X, I think a Mac could be a really good gaming platform. All us 'Maccies' need is for the games to be written in our language...
    To each his own I guess. Each suits a different kind of user. Nevertheless, the fact that a Mac could be a good gaming machine is hardly a strength.

Apart from that, a good gaming PC will cost £'000s. A console (after a few months), maybe a couple of hundred, furthermore, consoles are easy.
    I would be willing to bet that in a few months the PS3 will still cost more than a few hundred dollars. If you are lucky enough to get one.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    I wouldn't buy a PS3, I hate the PS controllers. Plus I wanna play Forza 2 and Halo 3.
    pretty much sums it up for me too. i have no doubt the PS3 will have some great games, but not great enough to warrant the extra cash i'd have to spend on getting one- rather spend that on the mini
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor
    I would be willing to bet that in a few months the PS3 will still cost more than a few hundred dollars. If you are lucky enough to get one.
    The PS3's price isn't going down anytime soon.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Current retail cost of a PS3 is $600, current retail cost of Geforce 8800 GTX is $650 so it seems the cost of leading edge performance on both consoles and computers is not so different.
    Last time i checked you can't actually run a game on an Nvidia Graphics card. What about all the other components.

This augment is completely apples and oranges. By that line of reasoning IMO consoles are crap for running word processing. If it is just a little computer I should be able to install OpenOffice on an Xbox, right?
    There is a very good reason why they are called GAME consoles. They are designed for running games. Thats like complaining that the egg that you have placed on the top of the TV isn't cooking very well, its because a TV wasn't designed to cook food.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

What's interesting is, on many occasions, Sony has said to view the PS3 as a computer as well. This is backed up by the option of adding a different OS. The option is actually under the settings menu. I've heard rumors of Sony working on a keyboard/ mouse package for the PS3.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    What's interesting is, on many occasions, Sony has said to view the PS3 as a computer as well. This is backed up by the option of adding a different OS. The option is actually under the settings menu. I've heard rumors of Sony working on a keyboard/ mouse package for the PS3.
    they could just concentrate on bringing us good games, but ok
    i mean, i already have a computer, as do most people.... sounds odd to bother making a console into a computer substitute.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Last time i checked you can't actually run a game on an Nvidia Graphics card. What about all the other components.
    Like a TV? If you can assume that someone who buys a console already owns a TV, I can assume someone who buys a graphics cards already owns a computer.

There is a very good reason why they are called GAME consoles. They are designed for running games. Thats like complaining that the egg that you have placed on the top of the TV isn't cooking very well, its because a TV wasn't designed to cook food.
    Re-read the statement in context.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."

Thread Information