Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 12 V8 Supercars Desert 400

Watching the V8's on foxtel they said something about tander and kellys i think going too Bahrain? for a drive this year or last so they might know the track a little more?.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

HRT ftw, although because im a Ford boy at heart im rooting for Lowndes and that new car of his to give Skaife a good go for his moolah.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Watching the V8's on foxtel they said something about tander and kellys i think going too Bahrain? for a drive this year or last so they might know the track a little more?.
    Yep - Todd Kelly and Garth Tander drove in a one-make "celebrity" race that supported the Bahrain Grand Prix, using HSV Clubsports (you know - the special track version that HSV produced earlier this year). Todd and Garth each shared a car with a celebrity in two-driver events. From memory, I think Garth won one of the races.
    Not sure if it will help them much - I think the V8s are using a shorter track, not the Grand Prix track.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    Yep - Todd Kelly and Garth Tander drove in a one-make "celebrity" race that supported the Bahrain Grand Prix, using HSV Clubsports (you know - the special track version that HSV produced earlier this year). Todd and Garth each shared a car with a celebrity in two-driver events. From memory, I think Garth won one of the races.
    Not sure if it will help them much - I think the V8s are using a shorter track, not the Grand Prix track.
    That would have been fun too watch.
    Wont help them set the car up but maybe slight extra knowledge of the track can't hurt.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Mewants Russell Ingall to win something...
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Burns
    Mewants Russell Ingall to win something...
    Me want Skaife to win Bahrain so he can beat Brock's round wins
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    That was in Car.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I hate how they run the short track at some rounds... like china last year. Its not like they are little cars, or slow, shit they do 300 kph. Bathurst is 6 and a bit k's long and they dont abbreviate it, so why abbreviate a 4km F1 track? Takes the fun out of it. I guess maybe its for them old timers like Skaife and Bowe etc that can't get to grips with so many corners in a lap anymore?
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

It may be that the V8s would be stuck on the limiter on the longer straights if they had the full track to run on. Also, the full track was probably predominantly designed for F1 cars, so it may not have suited the V8s
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Toll HSV if looking for a win there.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    It may be that the V8s would be stuck on the limiter on the longer straights if they had the full track to run on. Also, the full track was probably predominantly designed for F1 cars, so it may not have suited the V8s
    With the Bathurst rear end i dont think it would be too much of an issue. Even the F1's dont get too far over 300km/h and thats with alot more acceleration. IIRC, at China they only did around 280km.
    I am the Stig

Imagine the brake temps at the end of those straits...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

It'd build up pretty quickly, although maybe all that clean air would be sufficient cooling to keep them going for a while.
    I am the Stig

I reckon they should have more twilight racing in v8s, at least at 4 rounds of the championship. The Saturday race should be held at about 7pm, and be shown on prime time before the movie I reckon. That'd be sweet. They did it a few years ago, and it was great ratings wise. I dont see why they don't do it more often.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

I thought 7 were going to have something like that next year to avoid a clash with the AFL. One of the idea's i'd heard was a change from one Saturday and 2 Sunday races to 2 on Saturday, and the final race on Sunday morning.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information