Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All New Mitsubishi Lancer (official sketch)

All New Mitsubishi Lancer (official sketch)

All New Mitsubishi Lancer Sports Sedan at NAIAS

Text & Photo edited by F. de Leeuw van Weenen
    Source: Mitsubishi Motor Corporation
    11-10-2006

• Built on new global platform

Ninety years after starting car production (with the 1917 Model-A), Mitsubishi has embarked upon its most ambitious automotive project ever through the launch of its first global platform.

Known as "Project Global", and already successfully previewed with the second generation Outlander, it will be showcased at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit by its highest volume variant: the all-new 4-door Lancer sports sedan.

• Dynamic

Designed at Mitsubishi Motors studios in Europe and Japan, the Lancer sports sedan shares its stunning design language with the much-acclaimed Mitsubishi Design Europe-penned 2005 Concept-X and Concept-Sportback show cars.

Its low stance, long hood / short deck proportions, wide track, trademark "shark nose" and distinctively deep set "eyes", all bring a new meaning to the concept of sports sedans - very much in line with both Mitsubishi's "Japanese Modern" design philosophy and its peerless credentials within 45 years of racing.

To be launched progressively in world markets from Spring 2007 (North America), the Lancer sports sedan will form a full family of cars with dynamic qualities to match their looks all across the range: from entry models (1.5 litre 110 ps engine in Europe) right up to the all-new Lancer Evolution supercar, including diesel power (Europe), a high performance 2.0 litre turbo gasoline version and other variants.

• Global

Representing a multi-million dollar investment, "Project Global" will support the launch of several new Mitsubishi vehicles over the next few years, designed from the outset for world markets, i.e.: with the built-in flexibility required to accommodate regional needs and regulations as well as market trends and new customer demands in markets as diverse as Japan, North America, Russia, Asia-Pacific and Europe.

As a further evidence of its adaptability, models from business partners DaimlerChrysler A.G. - with which it was co-developed - and P.S.A. Peugeot Citroen* are / will also be based on this global platform.

Along those lines, "Project Global" will also enable the introduction of the "World Engine" family of powerplants. Co-engineered with DaimlerChrysler and Hyundai Motor Company, the engines to be used in Mitsubishi vehicles have been modified by the company for individual market and model use.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concept X, anyone? IMO the sketch doesn't look bad at all.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

sex. on. wheels.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

That nose - <spew>

it's never going to work well on base models - something they need to sell more of.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

it doesn't need to work well on base models. They could make the Evo X stand out from the rest, maybe?
    but i agree with whiteballz - sex on wheels

I think the high-po versions will be important cars for Mitsubishi. I've always thought they should have better sub-evo performance models, something to line up against the WRX. Bring back the GSR nameplate. The VRX nameplate never really cut it for me. Plus, those sort of models as well as luxury models are the ones private buyers will go for, rather than just fleet sales of povo-pack models.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I've yet to see a Lancer Sedan not owned by the government, actually. most of the lancers i see are tarted up coupe's.

perhaps theres a problem - they don't have a coupe, and thus those private buyers who want a fully sick car have to buy a sedan which looks dorky......

still, I'll wait till i see it in the flesh before passing judgement. i will say that bold styling off the bat makes for terrible facelifts.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I've yet to see a Lancer Sedan not owned by the government, actually.
    The new one's, yes, but the CE sold very, very well. I have one.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Will it come with those 40 inch wheels standard or will that be an option?

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I've yet to see a Lancer Sedan not owned by the government, actually. most of the lancers i see are tarted up coupe's.

perhaps theres a problem - they don't have a coupe, and thus those private buyers who want a fully sick car have to buy a sedan which looks dorky......

still, I'll wait till i see it in the flesh before passing judgement. i will say that bold styling off the bat makes for terrible facelifts.
    Which gives them more of a reason to bring an Evolution coupe to Mitsubishi.

While you're there, why not bring a 22B back to Subaru?

nice and agressive but the grills too prominent and doesn't go well with the rest of the car

What are those, 26's?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

hope it looks like the concept-x introduced earlier

It looks like a more aggressive R34 Skyline.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    And the middle bumper part isn't black! Yesssssss

Nice. Seriously looks like the Concept they had for the X... I'm gonna like this one.

Thread Information