Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All New Mitsubishi Lancer (official sketch)

You know, I am not much of an import fan, and I usually dislike how many Japanese cars look - but respect how they perform. However, I think that that sketch is pretty sweet and am willing to bet that it will be a good overall package.

First driving impression of the new model

http://news.windingroad.com/auto-new...k-us-about-it/
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

could it be the first hansome evo?
    autozine.org

Sketches are just that, and when you consider the base models will be rolling on, say 16's, then slap some door handles, stanadard ride height and all of the other mumbo jumbo, it won't look so crash hot. Looks more promosing than the current model though.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

looks like an eclipes on roids. i like it though.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

2008 Lancer Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsubishi

Faithful to the previously released sketch, Lancer will bring the dynamic lines of the show-stopping Mitsubishi Concept-X and Concept-Sportback to the showroom. Both unveiled in 2005, they hinted not only at the next generation Mitsubishi compact sports sedans, but also at the next evolution of its design language.

This is readily apparent in Lancer’s front face. Whilst concepts (CZ2, Tarmac Spyder, Pajero* Evolution, etc,…) or production cars (Colt, current Lancer, Grandis, new Outlander etc,…) have clearly established the triangle-shaped 3-Diamond logo as the focal point, the recent US-only Eclipse and Raider brought a first evolution with a larger inverted gaping grille inspired by jet fighters´ air intake. Split into two separate elements (chrome-ringed for the upper part) this Lancer sports sedan grille goes one step further, staging Mitsubishi’s logo at the centre of a new and very iconic front face, highlighted by Concept-X and Concept-Sportback’s trademark shark nose and deep set “eyes”.

The new Lancer sports sedan uses a larger body than the current model, with an overall length of 4570 mm (35 mm longer), overall width of 1760 mm (65 mm wider), overall height of 1490 mm (60 mm taller) and wheelbase of 2635 mm (35 mm longer) is based on MMC’s “Project Global” platform, a new flexible architecture that also forms the foundation of the new Outlander.

With its sharp handling and 35 year Lancer sporting credentials, it will be in Europe a new alternative for customers of desirable, heritage-proud, non-mainstream brands in the C-segment: not premium, but different and legitimate.

To be launched in Europe from the fourth quarter of 2007, the Lancer sports sedan family will progressively expand to offer a complete line-up. Split into 4 powertrain levels (entry, mid-range, upper-range and supercar), it will propose 5 different engines, including the VAG-supplied 140 ps – 2.0 l Common Rail Diesel already fitted to Grandis Di-D and Outlander Di-D.

For the North American market, the powertrain mates a new high output (152 hp) low emission 2.0-liter DOHC MIVEC*1 engine to a 6-speed SportronicR CVT*2 transmission. This is the first Mitsubishi vehicle destined for the North American market to offer a CVT. Some trim levels are offered with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters that allow the driver to shift gears manually without taking his hand off the wheel. Delivering outstanding economy and environmental performance, the driveline is complemented by an equipment and appointments specification that elevates driving enjoyment to a new level in a total package that satisfies all the requirements for a next-generation sport sedan.

*Montero in Spain / Shogun in the UK

Key Dimensions:

Wheelbase: 2,635 m

Length: 4,570 m
    Height: 1,490 m
    Width:1,760 m

Not all that exciting, IMO.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

i think the IX looked better....shame really...plus Dodge are apparently getting to use this platform too, meaning its no longer bespoke.
    autozine.org

Wow...You can bet the sports models will look fantastic, but this is kinda vulgar.
    The fronts too high and the backs too flat!
    All about the t-tops

I love it!

Whens it due to be released here in Aus?
    The Datto will rage again...

I r the crazy butcher -------------------------------------------------------- Feilding, New Zealand
    Looks good! That rear end doesn't really appeal to me though...
    I'm afraid this is a signature, a very pathetic one.

After retiring from WRC after 2005, Mitsubishi admitted it was a mistake to pull out of WRC, so I think we'll see a comeback in a few years time, maybe 2008...

Thread Information