Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what are some more...

what are some more...

6-cyl or smaller 'roadsters'

i am talking about the z3s, miatas, s2000s, opel gts and the lot (preferrably made around or after 1980s)

while there may be no clear-cut definition of the word roadster, i am looking for cars preferrably with conventional FR-Layout. non-convertibles such as the 944 count.

thanks
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

914? S13 and S15 silvia convertible?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Wiesmann Roadster.

Nissan 260Z
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Mk2 Toyota Celica and Celica Supra. Maybe the LC/J Torana, though it's a little bigger.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Hmmm, perhaps smaller and more rare please?
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    Hmmm, perhaps smaller and more rare please?
    an S15 convertible isn't rare?
    how rare are we talking? like a once-off?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Fiat 124 Spyder
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Toyota Corolla AE86
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky?

More exclusive is the Sky Red Line
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

Hmm... Correct me if I'm wrong but blingbling asked about ROADSTERS. VW-Porsche is not a roadster, Silvia is not a roadster, 260Z is not a roadster, Torana is not a roadster, Celica, Supra and Corolla are not roadsters.

My suggestions are:
    Alfa Romeo Spider
    BMW Z1
    Lotus Elan
    TVR Tasmin
    TVR S
    Reliant Scimitar

It's actually a tough question. Because 80s were generally a non-roadster decade. Targas and convertibles were the fashion. So the cars I listed are either 70s designs still produced in the 80s, or cars that appeared around 1990 after the MX-5 started a roadster reneissance.

And if you want something newer, there are cars like:
    Audi TT Roadster
    Renault Sport Spider
    MG F
    Fiat Barchetta
    Alfa Romeo Spider
    Lotus Elise
    Opel Speedster
    Mercedes-Benz SLK
    Plymouth Prowler
    Porsche Boxster
    Toyota MR-2
    Caterham 21
    Yes! Roadster
    Last edited by go.pawel; 11-14-2006 at 05:54 AM.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel
    Hmm... Correct me if I'm wrong but blingbling asked about ROADSTERS. VW-Porsche is not a roadster, Silvia is not a roadster, 260Z is not a roadster, Torana is not a roadster, Celica, Supra and Corolla are not roadsters.
    what actually is the definition of a roadster? i just took it as convertible in this case with F/R layout
    plus, then he threw in "non-convertibles such as 944 count", which didn't help

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    what actually is the definition of a roadster? i just took it as convertible in this case with F/R layout
    plus, then he threw in "non-convertibles such as 944 count", which didn't help
    Historically a roadster was a 2-seater without a permanent top and without rollup windows. Nowadays it generally means a light two-seat sports convertible without fixed window frames, usually with a F/R layout.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

The VW-Porsche is a 2 seater targa top, so I guess it's more or less a roadster. Anyway, that and others fit in his request:
    Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    i am looking for cars preferrably with conventional FR-Layout. non-convertibles such as the 944 count.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Historically a roadster was a 2-seater without a permanent top and without rollup windows. Nowadays it generally means a light two-seat sports convertible without fixed window frames, usually with a F/R layout.
    i see. that narrows it down a bit
    stil confused by his 'non-convertibles such as the 944 count' comment, because that really leaves it quite wide open

Thread Information