Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: autozine

All i wanted to point out was that it is very easy to create a few good quality reviews of ordinary cars here. There is a very extesive database of ferrari's but there are pletny of people that just want to read about their Opel Astra or VW Golf. IMO if there are proper articles about that too it will atract many more people.
    Thats just my point of view and i think i'll leave it at that

I'm sorry I have no time to work on Astras and Golfs. Right now my attention is grabbed by the fantastics Talbots of the early 1930s that are far more interesting and far less written about.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    All i wanted to point out was that it is very easy to create a few good quality reviews of ordinary cars here. There is a very extesive database of ferrari's but there are pletny of people that just want to read about their Opel Astra or VW Golf. IMO if there are proper articles about that too it will atract many more people.
    Have you ever heard about nichemarketing? Specialization? I bet you know a thing or two about marketing.
    Those who want to read about their boring econoboxes already have plenty of choice. That's a market where there are already too much competitors. So it's not good in terms of business and even worst in terms of W personal sactisfaction.
    This is about dream cars. Don't you like to dream?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    Don't you like to dream?
    Offcourse,but i prefer to dream about the other sex

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Offcourse,but i prefer to dream about the other sex
    When you start comparing sex to cars, you know you have to worry.

Mark Wan is not an english speaker by default but his writing is still apreciable. He does make errors but he insists his articles are original and influenced by a wide range of sources. He is unbiased on image and desirability (although he discusses this) and is biased on technology, but since this is a mostly objective subject area that is not so bad and still allows room for your opinion to be made.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    Mark Wan is not an english speaker by default but his writing is still apreciable. He does make errors but he insists his articles are original and influenced by a wide range of sources. He is unbiased on image and desirability (although he discusses this) and is biased on technology, but since this is a mostly objective subject area that is not so bad and still allows room for your opinion to be made.
    Absolutely. Yet, IMHO, not half as interesting as the subject of UCP.

Absolutely. Yet, IMHO, not half as interesting as the subject of UCP.
    wait 20 years and also those cars will show up in the oddball corner...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Apart from his opinion on things his own input looks quite small. I don't think he ever does any test driving and neither does he use his own images (I find it actually strange that there are no image credits on his site, as far as I could see). But yes, it is obvious that tons of work went into setting up his site, and as he shows no advertising it is probably a costly affair for him too.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    wait 20 years and also those cars will show up in the oddball corner...
    Though econoboxes of 30 years ago were far more interesting than most of today, I do agree that age and subsequent increasing rarity, do much the appeal and interest of every car.

Though econoboxes of 30 years ago were far more interesting than most of today, I do agree that age and subsequent increasing rarity, do much the appeal and interest of every car.
    absolutely. I am interested in the ongoing trends of automotive design and inspiration, even older cars, not oddball one-offs.
    autozine.org

absolutely. I am interested in the ongoing trends of automotive design and inspiration, even older cars, not oddball one-offs.
    then check what is in the oddball corner....

Though econoboxes of 30 years ago were far more interesting than most of today
    it would be worrying if that trend continues
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    Econoboxes of 30 years on, most probably won't be running on fuel, so that is expected.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i find the trends in design and technology very interesting. We can all see that for exmaple:

direct petrol injection despite cost is being used to improve economy/reduce emmsions. exec German cars are becoming controversial to look at. etc etc

im not talking about instant steps into hydrogen and electric etc
    autozine.org

Thread Information