Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: multiple turbo diesel madness

Quote Originally Posted by hightower99
    OK well about that:

The low pressure system used on the 335i is designed to max out low down HP. It has no lag at all (it makes 2 psi boost at idle) so the turbo improves the petrol engines performance from idle. Now the high pressure system you talked about doesn't even come in until 3300-3500rpm and therefor actually decreases the performance of the engine below that point meaning it would make the diesel look even better.

Diesels are great and I personally would take a good one over a luke warm petrol...

and by the way the diesel I qwas talking about is the 335d not the 535d not that it makes much difference

also the nobel M15 makes 455hp and has a max boost pressure of around 20psi whereas the 335i only uses 12psi
    i agree with your viewpoints entirely, i ignored the lag issue deliberately cause i knew it was a major problem. details aside i don't have enough driving experience to know for sure which I'd rather drive. I might read the autocar article on 335i vs M3 again. now back to the V10 stuff...<jediali racks his brains>...
    autozine.org

Guess what happened to me this afternoon. As a sort of joke I was showing my mother the brochure of the Seat Ibiza and I asked her which would she like when we have to subsitute the Mini. She said she wanted a diesel because of the lower fuel consumption because of the high mileage we do. I must say I wasn't amused...

Oh and I forgot to tell you that actuall the Audi 2.5 TDI isn't my only diesel experience behind the wheel. This summer I had the opportunity to drive a Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI. I was pleasantly suprised with the performance, bearing in mind it was the 100bhp version. Who knows the next car I drive might be a diesel after all...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    This summer I had the opportunity to drive a Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI. I was pleasantly suprised with the performance, bearing in mind it was the 100bhp version. Who knows the next car I drive might be a diesel after all...
    you may also have been sort of happy at the fuel stations....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    you may also have been sort of happy at the fuel stations....
    With a drive of a about 10km I didn't have time to empty the fuel tank...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information