Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Corvette (C6) Z06 2006-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street
    to suck off the dust that might gather on it
    The thing sits there and diverts all the air going to the air intake... if that air intake even works...
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 #4
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Being nice since 2007.

Being nice since 2007.

Being nice since 2007.

Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 #8

Being nice since 2007.

Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 #9
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 #10
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 #11

I must say, that yellow is so much better than that orange in the first set. But I think the Lemans Blue is the best colour for this car, with the graphite rims might I add.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    I must say, that yellow is so much better than that orange in the first set. But I think the Lemans Blue is the best colour for this car, with the graphite rims might I add.
    you certinly might not !
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 GT3

^^^^^^^
    I love that color.

Chevrolet Corvette (C6) Z06 Ron Fellows ALMS GT1

Ron Fellows Championship Z06 And Indy Pace Car Replica Convertible Editions Make 2007 A Special Year For Chevrolet Corvette

CHICAGO – Corvette enthusiasts in search of a unique ride have much to consider this year with the introduction of two special-edition models: the Ron Fellows ALMS GT1 Champion Corvette Z06 and the Indianapolis 500 Pace Car Replica Corvette Convertible.

The special-edition Corvettes are distinguished by unique interior and exterior appointments and will be offered in limited, pre-determined quantities. In other words, when they’re gone, they’re gone.

"Chevrolet and Corvette have a long, storied history at Indianapolis, and the new pace car special-edition commemorates that heritage with what will surely be an instant collectible,” said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager. “Ron Fellows is also a part of Chevrolet’s racing heritage, and he has been instrumental in the remarkable success of the Corvette Racing team in the American Le Mans Series. The special signature-series Z06 model that bears his name will forever link him to one of the greatest eras in factory racing, which has produced six consecutive ALMS GT1 manufacturers championships, and counting.”

Ron Fellows ALMS GT1 Champion Corvette Z06

Marking his championship tenure with Corvette Racing’s GT1-class domination in the ALMS, Corvette racing living legend Ron Fellows is celebrated with a specially prepared 2007 Corvette Z06 production model. All are distinguished by Arctic White paint (including the door handles) that is accented with a racing-style fender stripe and Ron Fellows’ autograph.

The front fender graphics are reminiscent of the identifying graphics of the Corvette GT1 race car. They feature double Monterey Red Metallic stripes with Machine Silver borders and Fellows’ autograph in a contrasting Victory Red shade, along with the callouts of the championship years when he was at the wheel. There is also a maple leaf logo motif incorporated with the graphics, a nod to Fellows’ Canadian heritage. Indeed, the red-over-white color scheme of the car’s paint and graphics represents Canada's colors.

This special Corvette Z06 is the first signed special edition in Corvette’s 54-year history, and is the first Arctic White Z06 ever offered. Only 399 are planned for production: approximately 300 for the United States, 33 for Canada and 66 for other export markets.

Exterior cues include a full-width racing spoiler and a unique windshield banner. Additional standard equipment includes the well-equipped 2LZ package and chrome wheels. Special interior appointments include:

Red seats, center console, door panels and instrument panel
    Red, leather-covered armrest with a Corvette-signature “cross flags” logo that is hand-signed and numbered by Ron Fellows
    Tech pattern interior trim
    An accomplished road racer, Ron Fellows is inextricably woven into the Corvette Racing team’s success. He helped test and develop the first Corvette C5.R race car and recorded the team’s first win in 2000. Fellows also grabbed the ALMS GTS class championship in 2002 and shared that position in 2003 and'04. Fellows has been a part of all six consecutive ALMS GT1 manufacturers championships for Chevrolet, and was voted the most popular ALMS driver in 2004 and'05. Additionally, he has slipped behind the wheel of NASCAR Nextel Cup Chevy Monte Carlo SS race cars when the series hits road courses. He’s also scored a pair of NASCAR Craftsman Truck series wins, three NASCAR Busch Series wins, 19 SCCA Trans Am wins and was the GM Player’s Challenge champion in 1989.

The Ron Fellows ALMS GT1 Champion Corvette Z06 will be available this spring. It carries an MSRP of $77,500, including destination. OnStar and the navigation system are the only options; and when equipped with them, the price is $79,945.

Indianapolis 500 Pace Car Replica Corvette Convertible

A 2007 Chevrolet Corvette convertible will pace the 91 st running of the Indianapolis 500 on May 27, 2007. As it was selected as the Official Pace Car, Chevrolet will supply several identically prepared and uniquely trimmed Corvette convertibles – in new Atomic Orange paint with distinctive gold ribbon graphics – that will serve in the official pace duties of the race, as well as supporting activities.

Five hundred production replicas of those official cars will be offered to the public – all of them convertibles. They’ll be available beginning this spring.

The distinguishing features of the pace car replica convertibles include:

Atomic Orange exterior color, including door handles
    Indianapolis 500 exterior graphics – including gold ribbon graphics that flow outward from the front fender vents and “ Indianapolis 500” door logos
    Special Indianapolis 500 fender badges
    Z06 rear spoiler
    New aluminum “split-spoke” wheels in Sterling Silver
    Ebony seats with embroidered Indianapolis 500 logos
    Interior trim plate and pods painted Atomic Orange
    Atomic Orange engine covers
    All of the pace car replicas are equipped with the Corvette’s standard LS2 small-block V-8 and Z51 performance package. A six-speed manual transmission is standard, with the six-speed paddle-shift automatic optional. The navigation system with Bose audio, as well as OnStar, is standard.

Pricing for the pace car replica convertible is $66,995 MSRP, including destination. The paddle-shift six-speed automatic is the only option, which brings the price to $68,245.

The performance-bred Corvette handles its official pace duties in nearly factory-stock trim, with little more than race track-required safety equipment and strobe lights added – as well as, of course, the eye-catching graphics. In years past, many Indy pace cars required extensive modification to perform their on-track tasks. The 2007 Corvette’s powertrain and suspension, including the 400-horsepower (298 kW) LS2 small-block V-8 engine, are more than adequate to maintain the speed, acceleration and handling required to lead the pack around the famed “Brickyard” race track.

This year marks the ninth time Corvette has served as the Official Pace Car of the Indianapolis 500. The previous years were 1978, 1986, 1995, 1998, 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2006. It also is a record fourth consecutive turn for the Corvette, as well as a record 18 th time for a Chevrolet, to be selected as the pace car.

Production replicas were not offered every time the Corvette was selected as the pace car. In fact, 2007 marks the first time Chevrolet has offered a regular-production replica since 1998. But along with the regular-production models, several dozen copies of all the pace cars have been used for official activities in support of their respective Indianapolis 500 races, such as parades. These cars – known as “festival” cars – have become prized collectibles, along with the limited-edition regular-production replicas.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

#2...

Thread Information