George Wouter Bush?
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Come to Canada eh?
    I'm proud to be Canadian...

Wow conscription is just like...

slavery.

I really don't get the point
    the US has enough nukes to just kill any one they wanted. Why do they need so many soldiers? Don't they already have the largest army in the world? They should be like Canada, all soldiers are voluntary, they were never drafted not even during the world wars

Seems like a massive gamble. Firstly, i dont conscription's made governments hesitate beforehand to go blazing into combat. Secondly, how is forcing someone to war 10,000 miles away supposed to get the job done?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001
    the US has enough nukes to just kill any one they wanted. Why do they need so many soldiers? Don't they already have the largest army in the world? They should be like Canada, all soldiers are voluntary, they were never drafted not even during the world wars
    Actually the US has enough nukes to destroy the world. The last tally was about 30,000 nuclear warheads

the US has enough nukes to just kill any one they wanted. Why do they need so many soldiers?
    If war was simply about who has the most/biggest nukes, the Cold War wouldve gotten a bit warm, probably around '62
    I am the Stig

Canada did instate the draft in the late days of WWII. W.L.M. King wanted it, and English Canada wanted it, Quebec did not.

I think the proposal by the representative is interesting, but also he is delerious if he thinks that will pass in either house. And hey, if the draft starts, I invite all deserters to my house. And Canada ain't too bad, I HAVE been to Buffalo...

But how easy is it to insult Buffalo? It actually ain't too bad down there - except the Arena looks piss poor and the weather is as bad / worse than it is here in Toronto.

You can leave nukes out of it since the US won't use them. Hes speaking in terms of what happens if we have to launch a land assault in Korea or Iran. You cant just nuke somebody you don't like, it pisses people off and cripples the environment to the point were it would bite us in the ass.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy
    Canada did instate the draft in the late days of WWII. W.L.M. King wanted it, and English Canada wanted it, Quebec did not.
    WW1 as well, but very few actually served, 450,000 were conscripted but only 35,000 showed up less then 5000 ever saw action because the war ended soon afterwards...

Yes, I forgot to mention that. The amazing excitement that is Canadian history.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Hey I'm ready to get drafted personally, I wouldn't mind spending a year or two in Iraq for my country. Although many do not support the war, I am a firm believer in supporter this country no matter what it does because at the end of the day I call it home and am proud to call it home. I would be more than willing to go. I would already be there if my parents would not have disowned me if I participated in the military or any other organization.
    Then get off UCP and sign up for the mother ****ing army.

The draft is quite possibly the most disgusting human rights violation ever. Forcing young people to go kill people and risk their life doing it?!

If the U.S government really gave a shit about its people it'd try a little thing called "communication" (look it up in the dictionary republicans) rather than lets smoke em' out!

And then theres the whole little guilt trip of if you refuse to get drafted or avoid it you hate your country just because you won't die for it?

Some people are not worthy of air.
    Last edited by Spastik_Roach; 11-20-2006 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    And then theres the whole little guilt trip of if you refuse to get drafted or avoid it you hate your country just because you won't die for it?
    They were pardoned before. Lets hypothetically say that the draft is reinstated. The uprising and boycotting would be so massive they would have no other choice than to pardon them again.

This legislation is a wast of time and a waste of tax payer dollars.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

If there is a draft who wants to join my Rebel faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    we should just draft all the gang bangers n low lives in this country
    Since they are already armed to the teeth, the military would save a lot on weapons and ammunition.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information