Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got an idea, Lets reinstate the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Hey I'm ready to get drafted personally, I wouldn't mind spending a year or two in Iraq for my country.
    That's the sort of spirit we need, son!

Young men and women with no clue at all about the harsh realities of life for soldiers in Iraq queueing up to travel thousands of miles to another country to defend America from its enemies!

Attack is the best form of defence, so they say, which is why it is important to get over to Iraq before the terrorists build up a large standing army, air force, naval assault task force, and all the tanks and what-not required for their invasion of the USA & Europe.

The fact that the events of summer 05 & 06 in the UK shows that, actually, the terrorists live in our countries, and not Iraq, is a minor detail.

Would you like to know more, Citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    I would already be there if my parents would not have disowned me if I participated in the military or any other organization.
    That's a shame.

I'd go too, but you know - I don't like early starts, and I'm washing my hair or left the laundry in the oven or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    If a draft happens guess who's moving to the UK
    How would that help - you'd be deported back home under some Bush/Blair initiative.

Unless it's after Tony gets sent down, in which case it'll be under a Bush/Brown initiative.
    Thanks for all the fish

Actually the US has enough nukes to destroy the world. The last tally was about 30,000 nuclear warheads
    that is quite a few more than Iran and North Korea have together...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Actually the US has enough nukes to destroy the world. The last tally was about 30,000 nuclear warheads
    Actually, the tally taken last year showed that the US has ~10,000 and Russia has ~10,000 and ~8000 inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    that is quite a few more than Iran and North Korea have together...
    Do they even have nukes? I kniw N.K. tested a "device," but they have no effective method of lauching/dropping it. Some "axis of evil" Eh?
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_man
    Actually, the tally taken last year showed that the US has ~10,000 and Russia has ~10,000 and ~8000 inactive.
    Add to that America's nerve gas stockpile thats large enough to wipeout all life on earth four times over. 99% of it is stored in one place.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Men and Women ages 18 to 42??? WTF!!!! Has anyone thought of the families that may already be established?
    "Hey hon guess what, I got drafted. "
    "Oh really? Me too. I guess the kids gotta go live with the Grandparents for maybe the rest of their lives"

Honestly, if you support the war, then by all means go to it. If you support your country then hey, go right ahead. But forcing people to serve is tantamount to slavery indeed.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_man
    Okay so they disarmed 20,000, but 10,000 can still destroy the planet

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

How would that help - you'd be deported back home under some Bush/Blair initiative.
    Well in that case, Germany! or France!

You'd best make sure your "I'm Canadian, honest!" cover story is good though.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by KonaGreen
    Men and Women ages 18 to 42??? WTF!!!! Has anyone thought of the families that may already be established?
    "Hey hon guess what, I got drafted. "
    "Oh really? Me too. I guess the kids gotta go live with the Grandparents for maybe the rest of their lives"
    That's the spirit! In America, we attack first and moan about the consequences later.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    You'd best make sure your "I'm Canadian, honest!" cover story is good though.
    Don't worry, I have fake passports

Quote Originally Posted by KonaGreen
    Men and Women ages 18 to 42??? WTF!!!!
    Yeah that was my first thought too. I bet the guy trying to do this is 43.

Everytime I hear this I laugh. You know the joke "Does anyone remember the 60's?" It's apparently true. The public doesn't want a draft, the Joint Chiefs of Staff don't want a draft(in fact they are afraid of even talking about it for fear it will demoralize not only the current soldiers but possible volunteers) and mostly the last thing this country needs is the rest of its people hating its government. I get the idea of politicians being wary about war if their kids would have to go, but honestly even if there was a draft, politicians children wouldn't have to go and I know I wont because going to college relieves you from your "duty to serve" and being out of the country does also and I plan on both for a few years.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Okay so they disarmed 20,000, but 10,000 can still destroy the planet
    I wouldn't be surprised if 1,000 could destroy the planet. Radioactive fall-out and lack of sunshine would do wonders for global warming, though-that must be the Republicans solution, a nuclear ice-age.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    we should just draft all the gang bangers n low lives in this country
    But everyone will see them coming in there shiny hydraulic suspension cars Easy target with the music going.

Hey western Bulldogs colours

What next send the dirty dozen

Bush doesn't need too be apart of anything to be disliked, He would have been the kid in school that got egged and wedges.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information