Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [PC] Crysis

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    You don't have to. The games for 360 will always be great and I'll know that I don't have to spend hundreds, if not thousands to upgrade for games in the future. Booya!

Now I'm gonna go eat a slab of Provolone!
    And then in the end, you get what you paid for. I paid for uniqueness, functionality, quality, and not to be stuck in 2005.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    And then in the end, you get what you paid for. I paid for uniqueness, functionality, quality, and not to be stuck in 2005.
    And I paid $500. You probably put well over $2000 into your computer since 2005. Can you even imagine the quality of cheese available for $1500 these days?

But its 2007 and I am still playing my 360 at top wack! The devs are even pulling more power from the hardware as each game progresses?

I don't understand have I missed something?
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

You don't have to. The games for 360 will always be great and I'll know that I don't have to spend hundreds, if not thousands to upgrade for games in the future. Booya!

Now I'm gonna go eat a slab of Provolone!
    360 games cost around £50 whereas PC games cost £20

so eventually your gonna pay the equivalent anyway

even in the same games on 360 as PC, the 360 version will always be toned down a little, something that pc gamers can always capitalize on by optimizing graphics features that the 360 doesnt support. It may not be as noticeable now, but as the aforementioned crysis wont be playable on the 360, more games will do the same in the near future, and it will become inevitably like the xbox and ps2 did as they lost ground dramatically to the pc after their first years of glory.

i think the 360 is a fantastic console. i love the controller and its price makes it a great next gen gaming system, but on the topic of optimized gaming, it really can't be considered as the superior choice.

Can you even imagine the quality of cheese available for $1500 these days?
    Holy crap, thats some wonderful cheese.
    I was blissfully unaware of the copious amounts of cheese I was enabling myself to purchase when I bought my 360.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    360 games cost around £50 whereas PC games cost £20

so eventually your gonna pay the equivalent anyway

even in the same games on 360 as PC, the 360 version will always be toned down a little, something that pc gamers can always capitalize on by optimizing graphics features that the 360 doesnt support. It may not be as noticeable now, but as the aforementioned crysis wont be playable on the 360, more games will do the same in the near future, and it will become inevitably like the xbox and ps2 did as they lost ground dramatically to the pc after their first years of glory.

i think the 360 is a fantastic console. i love the controller and its price makes it a great next gen gaming system, but on the topic of optimized gaming, it really can't be considered as the superior choice.
    O RLY?

And I paid $500. You probably put well over $2000 into your computer since 2005. Can you even imagine the quality of cheese available for $1500 these days?
    I'm pretty much on my 3rd computer since 2005 since I've been offered twice to give away my old setups for a shiny new setup. I could've stopped upgrading last year, where the money spent was floating around $500 since 2005, and that was when I had my Opteron/8800GTX rig. But then my mom wants a desktop so I gave her the overclocked Opteron setup and got my Core 2, still cheaper for her than buying a crappy Dell, and of course much better performance. And yes I dumped $1k on a unique watercooling system, for the uniqueness, and I like.

X360 hardly does anything other than games, movies, and ability to chat. You get what you paid for.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Consoles > PCs.

And before you start arguing about the fact the X360 has the BsOD, I'd like to point out that only those who attempted to OC it has seen your nemesis, PC gamers.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Nah, what you need is Tom's OC'd PSX. Superior quality - like Leerdammer.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

you're using farcry as a basis for comparison?

far cry instincts is a completely different game to farcry, it has more recent technology than far cry. far cry is 3 years old ffs.

get your facts right.

I'm really not arguing with anyone that consoles arent good. Console ARE good. I've played and owned them all my life. But its never ever been the case that consoles have been more capable and diverse than a pc. That is something that is inevitable. I really dont see the basis of your arguments here.

You're comparing the 2004 FarCry with the updated X360 version of FarCry. For a fair comparison let's see my Oblivion versus any X360 Oblivion, but I'm tired of uploading the same screenshots so you can go search for them if you want. Hmmm what about Crysis on PC versus on X360? Oh wait, sorry, X360 does "not offer the sufficient power to assure the quality of gameplay Crytek demand for Crysis."

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Consoles > PCs.

And before you start arguing about the fact the X360 has the BsOD, I'd like to point out that only those who attempted to OC it has seen your nemesis, PC gamers.
    Too bad my cherry-picked E6600 was too easy to overclock. 50% OC on first try and perfectly stable. After that I just lowered my voltages and went on for a couple months now. Experienced overclockers need only a few tries to get the best balance, we know the capabilities of our hardwares before we buy it.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    I'm really not arguing with anyone that consoles arent good. Console ARE good. I've played and owned them all my life. But its never ever been the case that consoles have been more capable and diverse than a pc. That is something that is inevitable. I really dont see the basis of your arguments here.
    Yeah, the main reason I don't game on PCs / Macs themselves is the massive intial set-up costs and the cost of upgrading every five minutes - then there's compatibility and all manner of other headaches. Consoles are just easier and one thing they mostly have over computers is superior ergonomics.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

I'm pretty much on my 3rd computer since 2005 since I've been offered twice to give away my old setups for a shiny new setup. I could've stopped upgrading last year, where the money spent was floating around $500 since 2005, and that was when I had my Opteron/8800GTX rig. But then my mom wants a desktop so I gave her the overclocked Opteron setup and got my Core 2, still cheaper for her than buying a crappy Dell, and of course much better performance. And yes I dumped $1k on a unique watercooling system, for the uniqueness, and I like.

X360 hardly does anything other than games, movies, and ability to chat. You get what you paid for.
    You get what you paid for can be said for anything. Does a Maybach 62 have a lot more stuff than a 5 year old Camry? Hell yeah. Does it cost a bajillion bucks more? Hell yeah.

I don't need a high-end gaming pc to play games with 14 year old Asian boys and overgrown slobs when I'm perfectly content with the 360 and occasional Warcraft III gaming.

''With this new $10,400.99 video card you gain 2 fps and can actually see an extra 2 bricks on that wall in counterstrike!! Don't let your gaming suffer again!"

If you want multiplayer fun, get a Wii.

If you want hardcore online gaming, go PC.

Anything else IMHO is just not worth the money

Too bad my cherry-picked E6600 was too easy to overclock. 50% OC on first try and perfectly stable. After that I just lowered my voltages and went on for a couple months now. Experienced overclockers need only a few tries to get the best balance, we know the capabilities of our hardwares before we buy it.
    That's probably because you're buying a part for a computer, and it's intended to be replaced/removed, whilst the CPU of the X360 is supposed to stay there. Also, you know as well as I do that the CPUs used in console are not made to be overclocked in anyway, and shouldn't be, which is not the case of computers. Also, I never heard somebody say "ZOMG I'll 0v3rcL0cK my X360 y0!1!1!!" when they went to purchase it. They're both CPU I agree, but you compare oranges with apples anyway.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thread Information