Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OH F**K moments, when you damage your own car

OH F**K moments, when you damage your own car

How many drivers have had such moments, when out of mindlessness or loss of concentration, you've heard the sickening and highly embarrasing CRUNCH while maneuvering your car?

Some of my oh f**k moments:

While visiting a friend and no place to park inside, I backed up onto his pavement. In the dark, failed to see the stay-wire for the telephone pole I was so carefully trying to miss.... sccccrrrk!

After a happy family day picnicking at a pleasure resort, I had to make a tight turn out of my parking spot... grungggge! I'd forgotten all about the short rubbish bin I'd been using all bloody day (1/4 cut from 44 gal drum and weighted with concrete). Rolled it all the way along my passenger door.

One of my dad's classics, also at a pleasure resort. My mom was nyaffing about the position of the car relative to the shade/grass/braai (barbeque)etc., 'til the old man lost it, jumped in the car and reversed rapidly...my mom was standing behind the car, snapped her leg! I never was totally sure it was 'mindlessness' though.

My son has a Mazda 6, was reversing quickly out his garage and didn't see the electric door was on its way down. The sunroof was 1st stage open (lifted). Next thing he was showered in glass and the sunroof was ripped right off the car.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

arriving at a little lake in Germany while on holidays, and then finding out that nobody had put the inflatable boat into the car. Going backwards in anger the same way as I had just come, without noticing that somebody hard just parked about 5 metres behind me....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The very first time I drove myself to work after getting my P's, pulling into the very tight parks behind the building...crunch...indicator smashed and yellow paint all over the bumper from clipping a biiiiig pole
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

i can guarentee a few aussie members might share some other moments, but fortunately only driving shortly, i have none
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

actually just last night i reversed into a concrete post.
    except, i was more like "ah **** it"
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

coming over a blind crest in my rx2 when an f100 pulled out of a side street on the right ziged when i should have zaged nailed him in the side came to a smoking stop in the middle of the road only to see the f100 drive off that was an oh f--- moment
    vetec it's the automotive equivilent of schizaphrenia
    single handly keeping stanley headlight's in business
    founding member of the over 2lt asault team

About 11 years ago when taking a buddy home after a day of paddling. While backing out of his tree-lined curved driveway in a '95 Range Rover with a pair of sea kayaks on the roof. The driveway had several low-hanging branches so I was preoccupied with not snagging the boats. Though all the oaks were cleared I (stupidly) didn't continue looking in the mirrors and did 5 grand (Oh F$$k!) worth of damage to the back of the truck on a palm tree.

My wife was pissed... and a week after it came out of the shop she clocked an econobox in Palm Beach hurrying to her office, doing ANOTHER $5000 worth of damage. Ah, closure.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Reversing Dad's now former Mazda Bravo in a carpark and crunch. Metal pole lower than the tailgate.

Luckily it had the rear bull bar fitted, or big damage on an otherwise perfectly straight car
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

I had a small block chevy in the bed of the truck which wasn't strapped down. I took a sharp turn, it got airborne and landed on the wheel well. There was a large dent that I hammered out and painted over.

Also sliding into a snow back head on in my dad's taurus. I'm glad the air bags didn't go off.

Well my first was on my 16th birthday on my way to get my license, I backed out of the garage and while swinging the car around I hit the basketball hoop in my driveway. It was one of those permanent ones too so it dented the fender and broke the right turn signal.

Then on New Years a year later, I was leaving my friends house and I had noticed my other friend wasn't parked all the way over on the other side, I asked my rear seat passenger "Am I going to hit his car?" "No you're fine!" *screeeech crunch* I scraped up my bumper and broke the turn signal thats on the side of my rear bumper. I dented up his driver's door right where it met the body so it became real hard to open.

I backed into a pole on a car dealer lot, trying to avoid hitting a Focus that was for sale. Now I need a rear Euro bumper.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I must gladly admit that these things didnt happen to me yet in a car

On my bike i had pretty much damage so far:
    - 1300€ last summer when coming on the wrong sideof the road through a blind corner with no hands
    - 500€ last year. I made a long wheelie and fell of me bike right when a van passed me. Two 10cm scrathes on the door...
    - ?€ and a new bike three years ago. A BMW backed out of a driveway,he didnt watch rammed me and i landed on the back/roof. Bike totalled and some bruizes... Luckily i saw the bimmer the next day so i had his license plate. He paid me a new bike and his own damage ncludign a big fine of about 350€
    - many many many more in a kiddo past

i was coming from taking my brother to church and when i was turning i was overturned and landed on a southern baptist sign.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

2 years ago driving my car with 2 nice pirellis up front and 2 average tyres at the back.I was going to get them replaced very soon but before i had a chance i spun the car on a wet back road in aberdeenshire. i spun 2 times before hitting some fence posts and letting the verge slow me down. i replaced the front wheel (punctured) and drove of with bits of trim in my boot and bumpers hanging of and many barbed wire scratches on my nice paint, and a very noisy exhaust.
    autozine.org

Sliding in the snow and tapping this girl's bumper.. regardless, 660 dollars worth of damage.

Another one isn't really an 'oh ****' moment to my car, but it's related. Well, I went to close my passenger side door after making a food delivery, and the door didn't close completely. To close it, I just slammed into the door with my right thigh, since my hands were full. Needless to say, there was a cell-phone in my right pocket, and the force cracked the screen in half.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information