Thread: Subaru Impreza RB320

Subaru Impreza RB320

Impreza WRX STI Rally Hero Edition

Subaru has announced a new special edition Impreza WRX STI in memory of rally hero Richard Burns who died in November last year of cancer.

Called the RB320, the new car features around £6,000 worth of extra equipment including the 320 bhp Prodrive Performance Pack, yet costs £29,995 on-the-road – an increase of only £3,500.

Available only in Obsidian Black, the RB320 features bespoke 18-inch alloy wheels and specially developed Prodrive suspension comprising Bilstein dampers, a sports spring kit with revised rear anti-roll bar and a ride height lowered by 30 mm at the front and 10 mm at the rear.

Also standard on the RB320 are a chrome mesh front grille, front lip spoiler, quickshift gearchange, side sill plates and RB320-branded gear knob, carpet mats and exclusive exterior badging. Each owner will also receive an individually numbered black alloy tax disc holder.

The PPP boosts power to 320 bhp at 6,000 rpm with torque leaping to 332 lb-ft at 3,700 rpm. This reduces the 0-60 mph time to 4.8 seconds with a 0-100 mph time of 12.2 seconds.

And as a further incentive, those customers placing early orders with deposits will be offered a limited number of places at a special RB320 launch event next March at Prodrive’s test track in Warwickshire.

Not only will RB320 fans take delivery of their cars at the circuit but will be able to drive demonstration STIs around the track and meet rally celebrities.

In addition, customers will also be able to register on-line and reserve the limited-edition number of their choice via a special sub-section of Subaru’s website.

Finally, the first car is to be given away in a special raffle organised by Autosport magazine, donated by Subaru (UK) Limited.

The proceeds will go to the Richard Burns Foundation which helps those suffering from serious injury and illness.

Subaru rally ace, Richard Burns – holder of the FIA World Rally Championship driver’s title – died in November 2005 of brain cancer at the age of 32.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This car looks great in all black and also a great way to pay tribute to Burns.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

is it coincidence that the power output (320 bhp) is kinda similar to RB's age when he passed on (32)?!?!?!
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

good looking car, good tribute to RB.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I don't what it is, but I can't help thinking they're exploiting his name a little. Only one car is being used, essentially, to do anything but make Subaru more money.

It's a fitting tribute to a great dude, but.....I dunno.......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Yeah, it does look good. The only thing it needs now is more pictures.

I want that, it seems like god, just better
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

cant believe its been a year since burnsy passed away...when he passed away i realised that he lived about 25 mintues away... anyways IMO a fitting tribute to a great driver and a person...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

looks sweet

I suppose that a Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI RB special edition wouldn't have done the trick quite so well...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I don't what it is, but I can't help thinking they're exploiting his name a little. Only one car is being used, essentially, to do anything but make Subaru more money.

It's a fitting tribute to a great dude, but.....I dunno.......
    According to the second last line the proceeds will go to charity. Unfortunately it doesn't say whether 'ALL' proceeds will do so, but at least they make it known.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3
    According to the second last line the proceeds will go to charity. Unfortunately it doesn't say whether 'ALL' proceeds will do so, but at least they make it known.
    From what I understand, only the proceeds of the special raffle..

"Finally, the first car is to be given away in a special raffle organised by Autosport magazine, donated by Subaru (UK) Limited.

The proceeds will go to the Richard Burns Foundation which helps those suffering from serious injury and illness."

Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues
    From what I understand, only the proceeds of the special raffle..

"Finally, the first car is to be given away in a special raffle organised by Autosport magazine, donated by Subaru (UK) Limited.

The proceeds will go to the Richard Burns Foundation which helps those suffering from serious injury and illness."
    Ah I missed the connection there.

In that case I agree with IB4R.

Thread Information