View Poll Results: Which car will win the 2006 Wheels Car of the Year.

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alfa Romeo 159

5 8.47%
  • Audi Q7

3 5.08%
  • BMW 3-series Coupe

6 10.17%
  • Fiat Punto

4 6.78%
  • Holden Commodore VE

15 25.42%
  • Holden Statesman/Caprice WM

9 15.25%
  • Holden Captiva

0 0%
  • Honda Legend

3 5.08%
  • Mazda CX-7

2 3.39%
  • Mercedes S-Class

3 5.08%
  • Toyota Camry

1 1.69%
  • Toyota Aurion

6 10.17%
  • Toyota RAV4

0 0%
  • VW Passat

1 1.69%
  • VW Jetta

1 1.69%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Wheels Car of the Year: what will win in a very strong field?

whats a VR?

I thought the VB got it but i wasn't sure which one it was. either way.....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by thatdbeme
    man it really seems like your here to fight with me.
    im just expressing an opinion about the wheels car of the year award. why is it so personal?? anyway didnt update my profile, i had a really good year last year and i now drive a Merc E55 AMG and the Accord is now in the hands a relative, it was good to me though. So i now drive a RWD V8 however i believe FWD, RWD and AWD all have valid applications. Im just here expressing an opinion, get a life.
    there isnt any point posting under this profile anymore, you seem to have a lot of stress in your life and im sorry about that. i dont want to add to it
    The claws sharpen...
    Now your a RWD bogan hoon

Your opinions are clouded behind your hatred as you know i have seen you many times around i can't help it if the only thing you say about Falcons and Commodores is there shit Aussie cars shit boxes.. Hey if you right it i can only read it sorry.
    Personal if you want too make it that i can oblige you but not on a forum, But i don't hit women lol but thats not what i'm talking about, I would sit you down and explain that your comments are not in humour rather in anger it seems.. That silly little comments like (example) all commodore drivers are dick head means my mother is a dick head, Well she drives one.
    Many people on this forum can give small and large reasons too not liking a car or a brand or model or country where cars from. Without saying shitbox crap peace of shit etc.
    Someone like FPV_GTHO can tell you why he doesn't like something, And never once will he bag or disrespect or offend.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    whats a VR?

I thought the VB got it but i wasn't sure which one it was. either way.....
    It's the bad model after mine

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Can we see
    Haha, i dont actually have any pictures of my fat head, but MSN and Cyco should be able to give you an idea after tomorrow.

Don't ask them about my head then.. Cyco thinks i eat my brothers food and him when growing up I'll clock him soon hahahaha.

You coming down too PI and motorshow mate?

Cant make it down this year, gunna try get down next year for sure though.

Cool by then i should have some new wheels Maybe a V something with a rippa donk...
    I should see if my brother will come also he is looking too tune the Fairmont, What he wants is a F6 engine but he isnt sold fully on the bodykit yet. But he got pissed when he seen the Force cars..lol That's my ****en idea
    I must admit he has always been kits no wings. He loved the idea of a Ghia interior and performance body kit with big wheels.

C&P from elsewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by ISSZY
    Holden Caprice 6.0 V8 sells in Australia for $AUD69,000 (about $USD55K).

A quick bit of research on the internet found that the same car with all the fruit and no bits left off sells as the Chevrolet Caprice LTZ in UAE for 98,000DHs, which at current conversion rates is about $USD26,600.
    Caprice is sold here as a value for money buy, of that there is no doubt

But if the above UAE price is accurate then this means that point-of-origin Holden buyers (meaning us Aussie mugs) are required to fork out AUD$70k for a vehicle that can be shipped almost halfway around the world .. then retailed for the equivalent of AUD$34,289

Half price Caprices anyone? The UAE price for Holden's top-of-the-line V8 Caprice is less than our MRRP for poverty-pack V6 Omegas!

If a V8 Caprice only cost $34,289 lots of us mugs would suddenly become Holden converts and join a long line stretching around several blocks to buy one.
    The line would be even longer if the SS-V or Calais-V were priced at $34K or less.
    On a serious note, if the prices in the Middle East are so low, how do they make exporting the cars to the Middle East a viable economic proposition?
    Last edited by motorsportnerd; 01-27-2007 at 02:16 AM.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    On a serious note, if the prices in the Middle East are so low, how do they make exporting the cars to the Middle East a viable economic proposition?
    I guess they make it on the backs of Oz buyers

I'm presuming the UAE price is accurate. If so, then gritty realities like this do focus the mind on all those previous industry references re Holden over the long-term returning approx 50% averaged return-of-investment to GM-NA

I just seen a brand new VE Berlina L97 6 speed auto $39,000. Tell me is there anything better then that deal.
    The VE's are pretty cheap at the moment, It's not like there not selling but it seems like they just will do almost anything too sell more.
    $36,000 VE SV6 Ad $1600 on roads.
    Makes the 2005 VZ SV6 @ $32,000 look shit.

Quote Originally Posted by thatdbeme
    the world is being taken over by nerds...
    ...and you're one of them.

Somebody's playing funny buggers.
    I am the Stig

Yes the . After the e gave it away. Reminds me of the sickholden and fpv_gtho_suka.

I wasnt aware of those 2. Sure enough, this ( http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/member.php?u=41409 ) one only registered the other day.
    I am the Stig

Bit strange that one, And no post's at all, I was online when i seen that name but no post so i thought maybe they thought better of it.

Thread Information