View Poll Results: Which car will win the 2006 Wheels Car of the Year.

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alfa Romeo 159

5 8.47%
  • Audi Q7

3 5.08%
  • BMW 3-series Coupe

6 10.17%
  • Fiat Punto

4 6.78%
  • Holden Commodore VE

15 25.42%
  • Holden Statesman/Caprice WM

9 15.25%
  • Holden Captiva

0 0%
  • Honda Legend

3 5.08%
  • Mazda CX-7

2 3.39%
  • Mercedes S-Class

3 5.08%
  • Toyota Camry

1 1.69%
  • Toyota Aurion

6 10.17%
  • Toyota RAV4

0 0%
  • VW Passat

1 1.69%
  • VW Jetta

1 1.69%
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Wheels Car of the Year: what will win in a very strong field?

The VE Commodore will win it.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

My country :

BMW E46 M3 = 145,904€
    Audi A8 4.2 = 283,411€
    Toyota Camry = 39,677€
    Audi RS4 = 188521€

bummer.... and mind you, all cars here are less equipped. Imagine some top notch BMW 530 with only 4 air bags, no sunroof .... no gps.. ...

I voted Alfa 159. It's the return of the Italians to a segment where battles are fought, wars are won; rather than the last 10 years of hiding themselves from major segments and producing weird niche stuffs.

Holden VE COmmodore? That looked like the previous Mustang ! The whole profile....

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    Holden VE COmmodore? That looked like the previous Mustang ! The whole profile....
    [/img]
    Is it just me, or do I see barely any reseblence in profile at all?

Im going to have to say no to that one mate.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Theres some minor bits i guess, the wheel arch flares, the basic shape of the headlight, the c pillar. Other than that i dont think theres anything else. You certainly wouldnt mistake one for the other.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy
    Will this award be biased towards Australian made cars my Australian homies?

Cuz if that's the case, then that Commodore will win, and even if it's not, I don't know enough about it to say that it won't.
    Are you trying too start up a international conspiracy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    I voted Alfa 159. It's the return of the Italians to a segment where battles are fought, wars are won; rather than the last 10 years of hiding themselves from major segments and producing weird niche stuffs.

I really worry for you, Hope you don't work with your eyes
    Silver-Silver is better.

"Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Inevitably, the VE Commodore will win, but the Mazda CX7 and Toyota Aurion will round out the top 3. All three are great cars, and winners in their own right - particularly the Mazda.
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

Of the list I think the Jetta has what it takes to get the gong. Although I think the new C70 could do well. I think it could suprise us all as well as the Ssangyong. (please don't shoot me). The C70 is reportedly a great car, only thing letting it down is it's handling.

If the Volvo C70 is meant to be a sporty car, than handling is quite important to how it performs its intended function. Thus, if the C70 doesn't have very good handling, it will get marked down.
    However, cars that are judge don't need to have brilliant handling/dynamics necessarily - its dependent on what the intended function of the car is. So a Hyundai Lantra might be forgiven poor handling since its primary function/role is as a compact city/commuter/occasional open road car. But a sporty car with poor handling won't be so easily forgiven.
    That's how the Camry has done well in COTY in the past (in 2003 the last model finished top 6), because outstanding dynamics are not the main prerequiste to performing the role as a mid-size family car. Which despite their blandness is a role that Camry's do well. Even though the current Camry isn't the class leader (a recent Wheels comparison between the Camry and Mazda6 says the 6 is still the better car), the Camry will still stack up quite well against the Wheels COTY criteria in its intended role as a mid-size family car.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

I happen to think differently about the Camry. Because it failed to beat the class leader marks will most definately be taken off for intended function because there are others which do it better. add to this generally negative reviews about the car and i'd be interested to see if it makes it past the first round. especially when compared to the far superior Aurion.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Much the same was said about the previous Camry and it made it to the top six. The current one still performs it function as a family car well, if not as the class leader. However, taking into account that it is not the class leader and that I think the competition is much, much stronger this time round than it was 2003, I agree with you that the current Camry won't make it far.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    If the Volvo C70 is meant to be a sporty car, than handling is quite important to how it performs its intended function. Thus, if the C70 doesn't have very good handling, it will get marked down.
    The C70 isn't meant to be a sportscar. It's just a 4-seater convertible cruiser.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    The C70 isn't meant to be a sportscar. It's just a 4-seater convertible cruiser.
    The VE Commodore Omega isnt a sports car also, But ask the boys who got it through corners that were marked 80 doing almost double that with ease, Handling is handling the C70 it just doesnt have it.

Dam it's not cheap Just seen the price.

And I got the Aurion through 35km/h corners at 80km/h - but its no sports car either.
    The price will go against the C70 as well as its handling.

I stuck the VP into a roundabout last night at 3am at over 70kp/h Not sure what the speed was but it didnt say 70 No tyre moaning which is good.
    And it's not a sports car family cars

p.s i dont have spell check incase my spelling looks shethouse it's not me i cant spell

Thread Information