Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50

Thread: A lesson for you all: this is what happens when you're driving too fast

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Eindhoven
    Posts
    4,059

    A lesson for you all: this is what happens when you're driving too fast

    I found this on the net. It has some horrible pictures with a 18+ scale on it. I will not post those because I'm sure the moderators will not tolerate it. But I do have some pics of what happens when you're young, you have a Porsche and try to overtake a car at 160 km/h whilst approaching a toll gate.

    Article on the crash

















    Warning, the following picture contains blood and may be for 18+ only. Could a moderator please give his judgment!

    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

    Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Porto - Portugal
    Posts
    2,755
    She cliped the other car, a bit hard no to go out of control after that...
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,315
    Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    She cliped the other car, a bit hard no to go out of control after that...
    what does an 18 year old do in a 180 mph Porsche in the first place....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Way Down South
    Posts
    2,708
    Grim images, that was an abrupt stop.
    As to what an 18 year old was doing with a Carrera? Acting 18 and feeling invincible.

    She was either in the car without permission, or her parents gave her what she wanted. Certainly performance driving lessons in such a machine would have been a good idea, but spoiled kids rarely have thoughtful and engaged parents. It's a shame, she was pretty, too.
    '62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '64 VW Microbus 21 Deluxe
    '67 911S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 911T Targa Sporto
    '68 Mercedes 280 SL
    '62 BMW 700 Sport
    '63 BMW 700 Cabriolet
    '72 BMW 3.0CSL
    '72 BMW 3.0CSA
    '70 914/6 GT

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,315
    Quote Originally Posted by csl177
    Grim images, that was an abrupt stop.
    now not that I am too curious, but I can only find two images,one showing the girl and the other one a piece of rubble against the toll booth but taken from a great distance. Is there another link?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Way Down South
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    now not that I am too curious, but I can only find two images,one showing the girl and the other one a piece of rubble against the toll booth but taken from a great distance. Is there another link?
    There might be, but I'm not gonna look for them. The handful shown are quite enough.
    '62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '64 VW Microbus 21 Deluxe
    '67 911S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 911T Targa Sporto
    '68 Mercedes 280 SL
    '62 BMW 700 Sport
    '63 BMW 700 Cabriolet
    '72 BMW 3.0CSL
    '72 BMW 3.0CSA
    '70 914/6 GT

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,315
    Quote Originally Posted by csl177
    There might be, but I'm not gonna look for them. The handful shown are quite enough.
    2 is not exactly a handful, and neither of them are as shocking as announced
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Way Down South
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    2 is not exactly a handful, and neither of them are as shocking as announced
    Including the shots from the link there are 5 photos, all of which have a finality and bleakness that say enough.
    '62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '64 VW Microbus 21 Deluxe
    '67 911S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 911T Targa Sporto
    '68 Mercedes 280 SL
    '62 BMW 700 Sport
    '63 BMW 700 Cabriolet
    '72 BMW 3.0CSL
    '72 BMW 3.0CSA
    '70 914/6 GT

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,315
    Quote Originally Posted by csl177
    Including the shots from the link there are 5 photos, all of which have a finality and bleakness that say enough.
    well that totally beats me, I can only find two....but I will stop searching.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,778
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    well that totally beats me, I can only find two....but I will stop searching.
    right click on the image with the X and click properties and copy the filename.
    Paste it in a new tab/browser and hit go and the image will show.
    Note the filename ends in a number.
    You can cycle through changing the number to see the other images.
    pic.jpeg pic_02 and 4ish are gruesome and so don't go folks !!!!


    OR, remove the filename and see if the browser will open the folder -- it does in this case.


    You've been warned .... "head trauma" was an understatement RIP.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    right click on the image with the X and click properties and copy the filename.
    Paste it in a new tab/browser and hit go and the image will show.
    Note the filename ends in a number.
    You can cycle through changing the number to see the other images.
    pic.jpeg pic_02 and 4ish are gruesome and so don't go folks !!!!


    OR, remove the filename and see if the browser will open the folder -- it does in this case.


    You've been warned .... "head trauma" was an understatement RIP.
    thanks, but that is too much work, for something that may not be too attractive anyway. At the end I was only interested in the technicalities on how to reveal the pictures. My computer dumbness is not unknown
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    England, london
    Posts
    3,348
    For some reason I can't see the images?
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sible Hedingham, Essex, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,214
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    thanks, but that is too much work, for something that may not be too attractive anyway. At the end I was only interested in the technicalities on how to reveal the pictures. My computer dumbness is not unknown
    I think your judgement there is spot on, that was unpleasent to say the least. I think its best if access to these photos is limited. Maybe this thread should go...
    Just call me Tom

    Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Northampton, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,989
    She stole the car after she had a fight with her dad.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

    The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

    Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,778
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    thanks, but that is too much work, for something that may not be too attractive anyway. At the end I was only interested in the technicalities on how to reveal the pictures. My computer dumbness is not unknown
    but hopefully now the method is there for anyone wanting to do it with any images. So one less on teh "computer dumbness" scale Pieter
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First driving lesson - Success
    By Mustang in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 05:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •