Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Enzo Crash

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    That'd be newts, Rob...
    Well, according to Dr. Craig Guyer, professor of biological sciences, with AU’s Colleges of Sciences and Mathematics.

All lizards have tails and all lizards can lose their tails, but not all lizards can grow them back. The tail is an important structure. We know that individuals with tails can run faster than those without tails. We also know that lizards that lose their tails lose an important source of energy because these animals store fats at the base of their tails. Finally, many species, like our local Green Anole, fight to establish their dominance over a territory and we know that individuals that lose their tails lose their ability to maintain a territory. So, lizards generally want to keep their tails.

There are two ways that lizards lose their tails. In all lizards around Auburn, the tail bones have central regions that break easily when the tail is pulled. The muscles of the tail pull apart easily and the blood vessels constrict to stop the wounded tail from bleeding. So, if a predator attacks a local lizard, the tail is designed to separate from the body, allowing the lizard to escape while the predator eats the tail. In species like Broad-headed Skinks, the tail is brightly colored (blue in this case) and is frequently twitched by the lizard so that predators see and attack the tail but not the body. Lizards that lose their tails in this way can grow them back but the replacement tail is never as long as nor as colorful as the original one. Replacement tails grow back in as little as three months or as long as two years.

In other lizards, especially big ones like iguanas and Komodo Dragons, the tail bones are not designed to break and the tail muscles are not designed to pull apart. These lizards can lose their tails, but it takes a much stronger pull to make this happen. The wound will heal, but the tail does not grow back.

Biologists have studied lizard tails for decades trying to discover how these animals can replace a body part that has been lost. To date, we do not totally understand how this happens. However, if we can unravel this mystery, then perhaps we can learn how to treat humans who lose limbs.

ohhhhh in your face smartass!

Hope the people are ok. Once that said, another Enzo gone... not the most terrible of loses...

PS. Sam, love your avatar. Now that everyone has the copy you go with the real deal. Well done!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I almost compared the Enzo to a big lizard in my last post, but didn't for some reason. I think it had something to do with lizards doing it so they could scurry away from danger; something the front end of this Enzo will have a hard time doing.

And Newts? I'm happy somebody set Audi straight on that score.

Newts... they ain't even a damn lizard. They's sum sorta amfrhibian or sumthin'. You's a dumb sumbich, ain't ya.

Seriously, if you aren't prepared to talk about lizard behavior and biology, don't bother with this forum.

Wait, no, not seriously.
    I'm erudite ;-)

I do believe it should belong in the Enzo Countdown thread, but who am I to decide?

Cars are getting more and more powerful and uncontrolable. Crashes happen. I'm not a bit surprised.

Wow, you people really are a bunch of complete f**king w****rs.

I hope you all die painfully someday so I can laugh at you

Not one person has successfully managed to express sympathy for the two occupants of the car without making some sort of derogatory remark as well.

I hope they survive, anyway, and couldn't give a ***k about whether it was an Enzo, or not.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 11-26-2006 at 04:33 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

Not one person has successfully managed to express sympathy for the two occupants of the car without making some sort of derogatory remark as well.

I hope they survive, anyway, and couldn't give a ***k about whether it was an Enzo, or not.
    Do you wake up on the wrong side of the bed EVERY day?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I said I hope the two people are alright and then dang it was a black one does that mean I'm a f*****g w****r also?

If that were to happen, it would be a first for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    So, how many are left now? I believe some of you counted it?
    Lets see..400, so about 394ish.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Maybe we just dont give a sh*t.

I'm on Cov's side here, but not to his extent.

I hope the occupants are alright, looks like a pretty brutal crash.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Not like they cant afford to buy a new one or anything. **** me, with that much money they could by the bloody company. Hope they're ok by the way. Heaven forbid I catch the wrath of Coventry... Stupid ****en jaguars....
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

You know it always seems to be a Ferrari or a Lamborghini that crashes and they're always crashed by the richest of people. Why? I want to see a hobo crash a Bentley, my grandmother drive a Veyron into the Lourve, Kim Jong Il drown in his S600 limo and my neighbour crash a Carrera GT. Now that would be a change and people would actually give a damn! My theory is that Lambo and Ferrari should test their customers and see how good a driver they really are. If they're good then sell them the car. If they're hopeless then they should ban them from their cars, cut their licences in half and direct them to the nearest taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Lets see..400, so about 394ish.
    I'm pretty sure we've gone through 15 now..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    I'm pretty sure we've gone through 15 now..
    Still a long way to go then...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Thread Information