Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hp displacement ratio

Hp displacement ratio

Which engine has the most power for its size, can it be scaled up , and how much boost can it take?

I thought it was the Honda S2000. N/A 240 hp out of a 2.0, or something like that.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by 770
    Which engine has the most power for its size, can it be scaled up , and how much boost can it take?
    Simple answer, a racing engine, perhaps Formula 1 (?)

I am not sure what exactly the question is. If we take the Honda engine as an example, do you want to know whether the same technology with 4 litres displacement would produce 480 BHP? Or is your question what additional bhp can you get when you apply a turbo/supercharger?

you also stand the risk that some forum members consider bhp/liter as something irrelevant, used as they to the american adagium that there is no replacement for cubic inches, and will try to tell you so....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Stock engines - I have no idea. But if you're talking about race engines probably F1. I know the GM Ecotech 2.0 L has produced 900+ hp, don't know if it was turbo or not. Then there's always the 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    you also stand the risk that some forum members consider bhp/liter as something irrelevant, used as they to the american adagium that there is no replacement for cubic inches, and will try to tell you so....
    I do and I am not even American The value is measured in Watt or kiloWatts.... (b)hp is an old and outdated value and less precise as kW's

They just keep using those values for the older people that dont know any better

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Stock engines - I have no idea. But if you're talking about race engines probably F1. I know the GM Ecotech 2.0 L has produced 900+ hp, don't know if it was turbo or not. Then there's always the 1.8T
    Hahahhaa, I've trained you all well...

buGatT1 v3yr0n has 3000hpz yo!!11!1
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    I do and I am not even American The value is measured in Watt or kiloWatts.... (b)hp is an old and outdated value and less precise as kW's

They just keep using those values for the older people that dont know any better
    Horsepower are smaller units than watts which makes them more precise. Granted that they're based on horses, but there is a precise conversion from watts to hp, and unless you measure watts as xxx.x W, a horsepower number will be more precise because the units are smaller. Plus horsepower sounds better

I only measure my headlights and stereo in watts. Which is funny, cause my headlights have more wattage than my stereo...
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Horsepower are smaller units than watts which makes them more precise.
    it is not that, the fact that an engine produces more BHP than KW makes BHP a more suitable unit for marketing purposes...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

For hp/litre try topping the single cylinder engines that power those 1/10th scale remote-control (RC) model racing cars

How about 1.2kW @ 44,000rpm from 2.11cc?

That's the equivalent of a 2.1 litre engine punching out 1200kW (approx 750hp per litre)

Or more than two and a half times the power-per-litre of a current Formula One V8
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie

How can any unit be more or less precise than another. Its all down to how many significant figures you quote it to.
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

The 2-litre turbo engine in the Evo VIII FQ-400 has to have one the highest specific output ratings of any road legal engine.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

But also very high turbo lag.

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    For hp/litre try topping the single cylinder engines that power those 1/10th scale remote-control (RC) model racing cars

How about 1.2kW @ 44,000rpm from 2.11cc?

That's the equivalent of a 2.1 litre engine punching out 1200kW (approx 750hp per litre)

Or more than two and a half times the power-per-litre of a current Formula One V8
    You do realise that those numbers are the manufacturers claims and that those manufacturers have no set standard across their industry. Basically their just pulling numbers out of their asses.
    eat cicada

Thread Information