Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 375kW LS3

375kW LS3

I dont know if this is true of not, but there are roumers going around that there might be a 375kW LS3 in the next Commodore. I don't know how true this is but I just want to know what your opinion is on this roumer. Thanks.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

Sounds like BS. Thats the figure the LS7 is making, which is the grand-daddy of the Gen4 range.

The LS3 will probably end up being 6.2L which will help it get a bit extra over the LS2, but maybe only 350kw.
    I am the Stig

Well, even at 350kW, that will surely have some grunt.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

I can't see Holden putting a 375 Kw engine in any car. As fpv_gtho mentioned, it sounds like nothing more than the HSV LS7 rumour which has been doing the rounds for quite some time. IMO, the only way an LS7 will end up in a Commodore is via HSV as an extremely limited edition GTS-R or similar as an out-of-reach-for-most range topper. And it also begs the question....Where do you go from there?

supercharger...
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Sounds like BS. Thats the figure the LS7 is making, which is the grand-daddy of the Gen4 range.

The LS3 will probably end up being 6.2L which will help it get a bit extra over the LS2, but maybe only 350kw.
    Hmm, I'd thought the LS3 was going to be the GM Powertrain range topper with 600hp in the C6 Stingray/Blue Shark or whatever it ends up being called, and that mega CTS
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Hmm, I'd thought the LS3 was going to be the GM Powertrain range topper with 600hp in the C6 Stingray/Blue Shark or whatever it ends up being called, and that mega CTS
    If that was the case, we're definately not getting it. Its still up for discussion if we'll ever see the LS7, just like we never saw the LS6.
    I am the Stig

A supercharged 600hp LS7 has been rumored for the Blue Devil. don't think there's any chance of Holden / HSV using this monster. Apparently the LS7 is available here for around the $24,000 mark so i wouldn't like to be paying for a sc'd version.

Holden next power upgrade will only be 5kw, then 5kw. then by 2008 maybe sit at 285kw. HSV move too 320kw.
    Then the diseal models come in with smaller capcitys and supercharger alloytech. I can't see holden topping 300kw until after 2010.
    Maybe HSV will offer the supercharged V8? But if the price for engine is $20,000 on it's own stuff that
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

^^except for the E series when they make you think theyve jumped 10kw, but all theyve done is change from ECE to DIN, so its more like 2-3kw
    I am the Stig

LS3 will be the range topper and will come with a supercharger producing 650hp. This combo is romoured to power the corvette blue devil.

LS7 wasnt used because of its costs, availability and its ability to handle FI.

Why cant Holden just ask Australia's various performance shops to help them develop a Twin turbo LS2.................GenTT for example

Quote Originally Posted by HSVLVR
    I dont know if this is true of not, but there are roumers going around that there might be a 375kW LS3 in the next Commodore. I don't know how true this is but I just want to know what your opinion is on this roumer. Thanks.
    It's obvious. If you have the VE Commodore 2006 Collector's Magazine from Wheels, go closely and read "The Daddy" part with the GTS. It's true. HSVLVR is right. Why? Because I showed him!
    Signature removed, no spam allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by #3 Tasman Bloke
    It's true. HSVLVR is right. Why? Because I showed him!
    So Wheels claimed it to be a 375kw LS3?
    I am the Stig

fpv hates wheels
    [QUOTE=Mr. Jinx] The Coupe4 is ejaculatory material! [/QUOTE]

Nah, im just on a fact finding mission that involves a pair of 13yo's

And no, its not as sus as it sounds
    I am the Stig

Thread Information