Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carrera GT crash in NY

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    what has that got to do with anything?

a person with track experience is more likely to be able to handle the car on the road
    I agree, not sure what CS is talking about drving on ttrackj equals more experience and learning your cars limit..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    Good to hear that no onw was injured. It's also nice to hear that he bought the guy a replacement. It's still a shame to see such a gorgeous car destroyed.
    Agreed with both points, looking at teh photo again that a pretty bad impact
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Tall tails...

Funny how the original author of this story pulled it from his site a day after releasing it, claiming to have made the whole thing up. Typical of a pathetic used car sales man looking for some attention...

What really happened.

http://wcbstv.com/local/local_story_335094155.html

Quote Originally Posted by some hack
    Dec 1, 2006 4:31 pm US/Eastern
    Mechanic Crashes $500K Porsche

(CBS/AP) PORT CHESTER, N.Y. This is one big "Uh-Ohh." A mechanic who finished doing minor bodywork on a $500,000 sports car crashed the Porsche Carrera GT into a telephone pole, while he was driving it back to the customer.

Mechanic Chris Numme of Port Chester says he and a helper were in the car when he swerved to avoid a truck and lost control. Numme said he was going no faster than 30 miles per hour. He's said he's thankful he and his friend are alive.

Numme had fixed a crack in the car's side at his repair shop and was returning the silver sports car to a Greenwich, Connecticut dealer when he crashed.

The car’s owner is 70-year-old Robert Greenhill, an investment banker from Greenwich.

The two-seater limited-edition sports car's engine boasts more than 600 horsepower. The car can accelerate from a standing start to 60 miles per hour in under four seconds.

Numme said his insurance company has already located a replacement car.
    Thanks for all the fish

Exactly...

Coventrysucks, that's the story... No party, drinking, nonsense... An honest accident, cool day, cold tires, and an unexpected defensive move... Unfortunately, an unexciting story for the demise of an exciting car... Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    How about people just don't drive them like asshats and it shouldn't be a problem?
    *in whiny ricer voice* cuase its a TRUE sports car yeah y0

Hell, if I was a mechanic working on a Carerra GT, I'd have to take the ****er for a spin around the block too, but if I crashed it, I'd have a hard time telling people I crashed it at 30.

Losing control and crashing into a telephone pole at 30 is the kind of thing that can ruin your life. People will always assume, no matter how confident or clever you appear, there's a blundering idiot lurking under your skin, waiting to shoot himself in the eye with a nail gun or burn down his house heating a frozen pizza.

Dr. Thompson, towards the end of his life, advised us all to have no small accidents. Crashing a supercar at 30mph is an albatross that will hang around your neck for the rest of your life. I'm sure the guy got fired on the spot after telling his dubious tale of dodging a truck and losing control in what is, perhaps, a vehicle as capable of safely avoiding trucks as any every conceived.

He should have told his boss he crashed it at 185 — Full throttle til the end, trying to catch air over a slight rise while in a meteoric full four-wheel drift, ducking briefly out of the slipstream to light a Marlboro red with a black 'Special Forces: Grenada 1982' Zippo between pulls of rotgut whisky and turning the volume up on Bad Company's "Bad Company", when a runaway baby stroller rolled into the road, with an entire little league baseball team following behind it; leaving him no choice but to go for the pole.
    They'd have made him manager of the garage for that one, and nobody would ever have questioned his motives.
    I'm erudite ;-)

The Quail has hit it on the head again.

Crashing at speed is good for your career as a mechanic - Chief mech at BMW Sydney chucked a McLaren F1 off the road here a few years ago. He was doing in excess of every speed limit in the country, let alone the one on this twisty bit of road - and has since been promoted.....
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Oh blast! What a shame! Oh well, at least its not another Enzo to add to a chain of Enzo accidents over the last 12 months now is it? Maybe all the Enzo have caught fire and blown up and now its the turn for the GT. Then the LP640, then the McMerc SLR, then the...

Carrera GT is very powerful,why the pole hadn't been down?HeHe
    Last edited by herojan; 12-02-2006 at 10:38 PM.
    I Love PORSCHE GT3!

The GT is RR,the powerful engin maybe was not badly broken.
    I Love PORSCHE GT3!

Quote Originally Posted by herojan
    The GT is RR,the powerful engin maybe was not badly broken.
    The Carrera GT is mid engined for a start...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

wrong information. delivery of car and the driver was the owner of the body shop.

you have no idea what your talking about. i know the guy who was driving and your comments are about as made up as frosty the snowman. he owns the body shop that was doing work on it was driving to deliver it and got cut off by a box truck. the insurance company paid for the replacement and it was ayear newer car. you could have known this from any local news cast. but boy your story will be much more sensational. just goes to show don't believe everything you read because your story is off 100%

Quote Originally Posted by trolworg
    you have no idea what your talking about. i know the guy who was driving and your comments are about as made up as frosty the snowman. he owns the body shop that was doing work on it was driving to deliver it and got cut off by a box truck. the insurance company paid for the replacement and it was ayear newer car. you could have known this from any local news cast. but boy your story will be much more sensational. just goes to show don't believe everything you read because your story is off 100%
    My dad is still stronger than your dad.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    My dad is still stronger than your dad.
    Ohh don't start that shit again.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.