Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DSLRs?

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Furioso
    still doing the same, when i was in high school and blew it all on a telescope.
    Wow, camera > Telescope, oh I see And I'd agree with johnnynumfiv, Save your money and get your self a good car down the line
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Uhh yeah, Digital Single Lens Reflex.
    Sorry there buddy! You should know by now I don't keep up with all the techy stuff! For what it's worth, I've used a digital camera a few times!
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    I've used a digital camera a few times!
    You sure? Just confirming
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    definitely a nikon d40
    I would really suggest against the D40. Very limited and stripped down, and like 2ndCC said, limited lens choices, only AF-S lenses will work, which means (IIRC) about 30% or less of Nikon Lenses, spend the extra hundred or two and get the D50.

From Nikon I would reccomend either a D80, D70s, or D50.

From Canon, a used 20d, or if that is too expensive, a new Rebel XTi.

I saw an ad in the paper for a D70, It was on sale for $780 and came with a lense and carrying case...that seems relly cheap...

Are you sure it's not used/refurbished? I know jack shit about DSLR's but I might be getting one in the future. Yes, I'm not out of school yet either so I'll be waiting a while first. You guys are wise.

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Wow, camera > Telescope, oh I see And I'd agree with johnnynumfiv, Save your money and get your self a good car down the line

indeed especially when you live in a bloody light polluted area like mine.

Make sure you go have a look at/pick up a Pentax K100D if you're looking at a cheaper/lower spec DSLR. It's very good.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Don't buy the cheap Canons, they blow. If you want it cheap get a Nikon, Pentax or Minolta (Sony).

If you have a 1500$ budget then get a Nikon D200. If that 1500$ must buy you a lens as well then get the D80 with some decent glass. Don't get the 18-135 Nikkor, it isn't great. The 18-200 VR is a lot better but the aperture is somewhat limiting.
    Preferably get something decent with a fixed aperture, you'll regret having a 3.5-5.6 lens or something like that. Nothing sucks more than not having a large aperture lens.

Maybe you could check out a D70, now that the D80 is out you can probably find a cheap one.(no more than 600$) And dump the rest of your cash into good optics.

i've been using analogue praktica SLR for all my life and now i'm seriously considering to buy a nikon D80

i was thinking about D40 but many times when i bought something which was going to satisfy me in like 80% turned out to be crap.

EDIT: on the other hand, i'll probably choose that one : http://www.roundshot.ch/xml_1/intern.../d925/f934.cfm . May come not handy, but ah well
    Last edited by dydzi; 12-01-2006 at 01:40 PM.
    12 cylinders or walk!

Dunno how much these are, but I'd buy a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1, I'm gonna start saving for one after Christmas maybe
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Dunno how much these are, but I'd buy a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1, I'm gonna start saving for one after Christmas maybe
    ~$850 usd. seem really sharp and colorful, judging by Piacki's photos, but it is not an SLR.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    ~$850 usd. seem really sharp and colorful, judging by Piacki's photos, but it is not an SLR.
    Is it not?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Is it not?
    Nope, doesn't have a mirror.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    The 18-200 VR is a lot better but the aperture is somewhat limiting.
    For the love of god don't buy these bloody tourist zooms. 11x zoom? I think not. It's generally accepted that over 4x zoom creates to many compromises on image quality.

K100D + DA18-55 (or 16-45 if you can afford it) + DA50-200 will set you easily for a while.
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information