Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1999 Mustang VS 2006 Subaru WRX

Quote Originally Posted by -What-
    Race him. It's likely that you won't die. Unless you're racing him in a school zone or a suburban street, there shouldn't be much of a problem. Find a long, empty, rather wide black top and do it. Ignore these forum women.
    Yeah, while we're at it, might as well bet 10K 'cause you live your life a quarter mile at a time. Maybe if you crash, the $10k'll go toward your funeral.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Ah, it's our good friend Slicks-"Everyone but me is ignorant"-McTedious.

I contend, however, that only an ignorant man would suggest they themselves had become stupid by the act of reading a post.

Surely a more "witty" riposte would have been to suggest that the person submitting the post was the stupid one?
    In the mood to start trouble tonight are we? Drink some tea and settle down, that image I posted is older than the internet itself.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Yeah, while we're at it, might as well bet 10K 'cause you live your life a quarter mile at a time. Maybe if you crash, the $10k'll go toward your funeral.
    Street racing isn't as dangerous as your mother has promised you. Find a nicely kept empty highway and he'd be fine. The only major difference is the response time of the ambulance if he crashes.

Street racing isn't as dangerous as your mother has promised you. Find a nicely kept empty highway and he'd be fine. The only major difference is the response time of the ambulance if he crashes.
    Congratulations your an idiot.

Street racing is dangerous/stupid in every way possible. Maybe it will take someone you personally know being killed as a result of street racing for you to finally realize this. It happens everyday and you condoning it is pure stupidity. Just because its an empty highway doesn't mean you cant crash. It only takes one car to crash not two.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Actually in fact the Corvette and Viper both have bad handling, Even Jeremy Clarkson of Top gear said they do. But they are fun to drive.

OMG I'm not street racing him so shut up, i was thinking of it but instead i'm taking him on a race track.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Congratulations your an idiot.

Street racing is dangerous/stupid in every way possible. Maybe it will take someone you personally know being killed as a result of street racing for you to finally realize this. It happens everyday and you condoning it is pure stupidity. Just because its an empty highway doesn't mean you cant crash. It only takes one car to crash not two.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    I agree, street racing is dangerous and more stupid than racing at a proper track. I already realise this.

But just because it's at a proper track doesn't mean you can't crash. Maybe it will take someone you personally know being killed as a result of drag-strip racing for you to finally realise this....

It's not likely he will crash on the street, but it is possible. Just as it is possible at the track. But crashing on the street could possibly be more dangerous.

People take risk; I'd take this street race risk. Personally, I feel that the track doesn't offer much more protection from death than an organized street race.\
    --------------------
    But really, does this conversation matter? Kylekosir probably doesn't own a WRX and he probably won't be racing anyone anywhere.
    Last edited by -What-; 11-30-2006 at 09:57 PM.

The Viper, Ford GT, Corvette, Saleen S7, Mosler Photon, SRT-4.....all of those AMERICAN cars handle pretty well and ALL have excellent power to weight ratios...in fact, they all have the best power to weight ratios of there class.
    Prodrive P2, Evo, Impreza, F599, RS4.... all of those WORLD cars handle pretty well and ALL have excellent power to weight ratios...infact, they all have the best power to weight ratios of their class.

I agree, street racing is dangerous and more stupid than racing at a proper track. I already realise this.

But just because it's at a proper track doesn't mean you can't crash. Maybe it will take someone you personally know being killed as a result of drag-strip racing for you to finally realise this....

It's not likely he will crash on the street, but it is possible. Just as it is possible at the track. But crashing on the street could possibly be more dangerous.

People take risk; I'd take this street race risk. Personally, I feel that the track doesn't offer much more protection from death than an organized street race.\
    --------------------
    But really, does this conversation matter? Kylekosir probably doesn't own a WRX and he probably won't be racing anyone anywhere.
    You really have no idea what you're talking about. If you crash in a street race, you don't know when the paramedics will arrive if at all. By that I mean, if you're on little used road, there might not be someone around to call the ambulance for you. So chances are, you might die from lack of medical attention.

When you have an accident on a race track, the paramedics will be there in a matter of seconds, thus greatly increasing your chances of survival.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    Prodrive P2, Evo, Impreza, F599, RS4.... all of those WORLD cars handle pretty well and ALL have excellent power to weight ratios...infact, they all have the best power to weight ratios of their class.
    I don't see how the Evo and Impreza could both have the best power to weight ratios in their class when they are both in the same class.

The Prodrive P2? Does that car exists? No. Prototype only.

The Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano has an impressive power-to-weight ratio but the Mercedes McLaren SLR has a better one.

What do you mean when you say "world" cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    That has nothing to do with anything, read the post he was replying to.

Quote Originally Posted by kylekosir
    Actually in fact the Corvette and Viper both have bad handling, Even Jeremy Clarkson of Top gear said they do. But they are fun to drive.
    unbelievable, what did I tell you guys? Top gear brainwashes these kids!
    Kyle
    1.) Top gear is NOT to be takes seriously, the hosts overexadurate, and will strait up lie for entertainment.
    2.)If the Corvette handles so bad, how is it possible that the C6 Z51 ran 7:56, and the Z06 7:42 at the n-ring? What about the hotlap wall? The C6 Z51 is right under the Exige, which has very similar power to weight, but more downforce and racing tires, the C6 is on runflats!

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    You really have no idea what you're talking about......If you crash in a street race, you don't know when the paramedics will arrive if at all....
    I didn't know that? Really? Wasn't it I who said...

Street racing...The only major difference is the response time of the ambulance if he crashes.
    I'm well aware of the advantages of racing at a proper track.

The problem with street racing is that you aren't supposed to be racing on the street. So if someone gets hurt or killed, especially if they were bystanders or non-participants then you are screwed. On the track, you're supposed to be racing so precautions are set in place and then if someone gets hurt then most likely they've already signed away any legal recourse against anyone and usually everyone.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Thread Information