Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1999 Mustang VS 2006 Subaru WRX

This thread is so great...
    Just race him, its not like you guys can go really fast anyway

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft
    I may get flamed for this but:

It really depends on what kind of racing you do. On a track, the WRX will beat the pants and underwear off the mustang.

HOWEVER:
    off the line, and for at least a short distance, the mustang has a pretty good chance, simply because the WRX has to spool up its turbo for horsepower, and the mustang will have quite a bit more low torque.

Off the line(yes, we were on city streets, but I think we got up to all of 40mph) my thunderbird LX (205hp, weighs as much as an elephant) beat my friend's WRX.

For stop to low mph speed, a larger displacement engine will win.
    If the WRX is a manual, he could just do a redline clutch dump (probably breaking his tranny though)AWD hooks up, and the Mustang stands no chance what so ever. From a 5-10mph roll, the Mustang might pull for a second before the turbo spools, but it wont be significant enough to come close to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    This thread is so great...
    Just race him, its not like you guys can go really fast anyway

If the WRX is a manual, he could just do a redline clutch dump (probably breaking his tranny though)AWD hooks up, and the Mustang stands no chance what so ever. From a 5-10mph roll, the Mustang might pull for a second before the turbo spools, but it wont be significant enough to come close to winning.
    How about he slips the clutch from 3500 or so, instead of sidestepping it? From a roll, my bet is definitely on the WRX, turbo or not. V6 Mustangs are not fast.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by kylekosir
    nono, i have been racing since I was like 7. I'm moving to england after highschool to race in the clio cup. But anyway we rented a track in Toronto apperantly he has all looks and no engine mods
    Wow, that means we could meet up! My 206 has 220whp, wanna race??

Quote Originally Posted by kylekosir
    Hey everyone i have a little problem at school. THis retard thinks his 200 hp 1999 Mustang is going to beet my 235 turbocharged subaru WRX. NOw what do you think about that. He thinks his all american is ganna be my japanese fighting machine. Race him? i will. Givge me your thoughts. or msn me [email protected]
    What's is basing his bravado on?

Unless he's got a bottle of NOS hidden away somewhere...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

I can't understand why anyone want to street-race...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I can't understand why anyone want to street-race...
    Not defending street racing, it is pretty stupid and dangerous but its definetly more convienent than going to the track. Think about it, for me the track is about 45min away, you pay $10 to get in, and then have to wait in line to race. Or, you could find an empty street away from civilization, and just race to 100mph or so. Maybe its just different in America, but I can think of countless deserted streets that someone could safely reach 100+mph, and have more than enough time to brake before a stop sign, or corner comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    How about he slips the clutch from 3500 or so, instead of sidestepping it? From a roll, my bet is definitely on the WRX, turbo or not. V6 Mustangs are not fast.
    Could fry the clutch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Not defending street racing, it is pretty stupid and dangerous but its definetly more convienent than going to the track. Think about it, for me the track is about 45min away, you pay $10 to get in, and then have to wait in line to race. Or, you could find an empty street away from civilization, and just race to 100mph or so. Maybe its just different in America, but I can think of countless deserted streets that someone could safely reach 100+mph, and have more than enough time to brake before a stop sign, or corner comes.
    Possibly, but on the street you can always find pedestrians or other traffic, no matter how unlikely it may seem. On the track you're granted this won't happen and safety is greater.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm really shocked at how harsh you guys are. This is supposed to be a car forum and he was insulted at twice for wanting to race wtf. Seriously I know we're all against street racing but he was planning to do it on the track anyway and you could have at least asked first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    I'm really shocked at how harsh you guys are. This is supposed to be a car forum and he was insulted at twice for wanting to race wtf. Seriously I know we're all against street racing but he was planning to do it on the track anyway and you could have at least asked first.

your taking this seriously?

He wants to race because of all the wrong reasons, probably on the wrong sort of circuit (namely the road).

be the bigger person - whats wrong with just punching this guy in the face and walking away?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Because hes bigger then me. Are you kidding me i cant fight him. And i'm racing him cuz hes to busy talking bout how good his mustang is and how it can beat any car i have, so i wanna prove him wrong. We all know that alot of American cars like the mustang is shit. He doesnt know i drive a Subaru WRX. So instead of getting sent to the hospital, i'll race him
    Last edited by kylekosir; 11-30-2006 at 04:55 PM.

....I fail to see the difference between being sent to the hospital and racing. both will probably end up the same way.

You could always be the bigger person and just let him spout his crap - theres something to be said about the old comment "it is better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Think about it.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

are you saying this cuz you dont want me to loose my racing career cuz of a stupid race

If you are doing it on the streets, they prolly don't want you to die or by chance kill other people.

Thread Information