Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1999 Mustang VS 2006 Subaru WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    unbelievable, what did I tell you guys? Top gear brainwashes these kids!
    Kyle
    1.) Top gear is NOT to be takes seriously, the hosts overexadurate, and will strait up lie for entertainment.
    2.)If the Corvette handles so bad, how is it possible that the C6 Z51 ran 7:56, and the Z06 7:42 at the n-ring? What about the hotlap wall? The C6 Z51 is right under the Exige, which has very similar power to weight, but more downforce and racing tires, the C6 is on runflats!
    According to your logic, we shouldn't take point 2 seriously.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    LOL, Pwned himself to some manner
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by -What-
    I agree, street racing is dangerous and more stupid than racing at a proper track. I already realise this.

But just because it's at a proper track doesn't mean you can't crash. Maybe it will take someone you personally know being killed as a result of drag-strip racing for you to finally realise this....

It's not likely he will crash on the street, but it is possible. Just as it is possible at the track. But crashing on the street could possibly be more dangerous.
    What? It's not "just as possible" when racing on the street there are many more factors you need to take into consideration such as road condition, other cars, even pedestrians. And since most street racing takes place after dark this ups the risk even more.

Quote Originally Posted by -What-
    People take risk; I'd take this street race risk. Personally, I feel that the track doesn't offer much more protection from death than an organized street race.
    Protection from death? So your saying injuring a bystander or having your vehicle impounded and your license revoked doesn't matter? Only death? You need to grow up and step into this little place called reality, and stop living in The Fast and the Furious. Tracks take proper safety precautions, they inspect the track, and as Taz stated they have paramedics ready. You cant find this on the street, unless you crash.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    What? It's not "just as possible" when racing on the street there are many more factors you need to take into consideration such as road condition, other cars, even pedestrians.
    I never said "just as possible". You ass.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Protection from death? So your saying injuring a bystander or having your vehicle impounded and your license revoked doesn't matter? Only death? You need to grow up and step into this little place called reality, and stop living in The Fast and the Furious. Tracks take proper safety precautions, they inspect the track, and as Taz stated they have paramedics ready. You cant find this on the street, unless you crash.
    Do I really need to physically name every reason why street racing is more dangerous/inappropriate than racing at a regulated drag strip so that you know that I know the danger/risk difference between the two. I FULLY, understand the differences...I HAVE STATED some, but not all. I WILL NOT state every possible advantage of racing at a track over racing on the street. WILL YOU PLEASE stop arguing against my PERSONAL OPINION.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    The hotlaps are done by a professional driver. Im saying you should belive everything they say.

In the mood to start trouble tonight are we? Drink some tea and settle down, that image I posted is older than the internet itself.
    1 -
    Quote Originally Posted by ucp guidelines
    7. Racism, xenophobia and any other cultural and social segregationist messages are not tolerated and lead to severe moderation.
    2 - You're the one calling everyone ignorant, as if that isn't intended to "start trouble".

3 - Get a sense of humour. I hear you can pick one up quite cheap on ebay or something.

unbelievable, what did I tell you guys? Top gear brainwashes these kids!
    I'd much rather it was Top Gear presenting inaccurate opinions of cars as entertainment than Fox News presenting inaccurate opinions of the Dutch nation as factual news...

The C6 Z51 is right under the Exige, which has very similar power to weight, but more downforce and racing tires, the C6 is on runflats!
    1 - The tyres on the Exige are not "racing" tyres - they are street legal and standard fit.

2 - I don't see how it can be taken negatively that Lotus take a lightweight, track biased car and fit track biased tyres. To fit anything else would be as stupid as fitting solid lead wheels or dampers filled with jelly. If anything, any negative comment should be directed at GM for fitting the wrong tyres to their car.

3 - Do you know if the car supplied to TG had runflats?
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 12-01-2006 at 03:15 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    2 - I don't see how it can be taken negatively that Lotus take a lightweight, track biased car and fit track biased tyres. To fit anything else would be as stupid as fitting solid lead wheels or dampers filled with jelly. If anything, any negative comment should be directed at GM for fitting the wrong tyres to their car.
    I'm not getting involved in this, but I have to say that made my day. Thank you.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Can we get some pics of the 'Stang and the Scoobie pleeeaaase?

I reckon your Scoob'll own his Mustang..

35bhp is a fair difference, plus, don't WRX's have AWD?
    Mustang's are Rear Drivers true? While you'll be zooming off he'll be smoking up his tyres!

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Wow, that means we could meet up! My 206 has 220whp, wanna race??
    What's 'whp'?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Can we get some pics of the 'Stang and the Scoobie pleeeaaase?

I reckon your Scoob'll own his Mustang..

35bhp is a fair difference, plus, don't WRX's have AWD?
    Mustang's are Rear Drivers true? While you'll be zooming off he'll be smoking up his tyres!

What's 'whp'?
    Just because it's rwd doesn't mean he'll be smoking his tires.
    whp=Wheel horse power.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    Just because it's rwd doesn't mean he'll be smoking his tires.
    whp=Wheel horse power.
    How do you work out the whp?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    How do you work out the whp?
    On a dyno.

chalk and cheese: its a difference in cultures, the mustang is a celebrationj of american muscle car heritage and style focusing on noise, drama and straight line power. The scooby rises from japanese high technology culture, Its size, efficiency and effectiveness reflect japanese expertise.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by kylekosir
    I picked the subaru because its not american,
    uhh what does that have to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    its a difference in cultures, the mustang is a celebrationj of american muscle car heritage and style focusing on noise, drama and straight line power.
    Even the V6 Mustang? Isn't that a celebration of people who can't afford/don't want to pay for the fast model, does it represent the origional secretary's Mustang or perhaps its made for people who dream about being able to say they own a Mustang?
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    1 -

2 - You're the one calling everyone ignorant, as if that isn't intended to "start trouble".

3 - Get a sense of humour. I hear you can pick one up quite cheap on ebay or something.
    Oh buts its ok that numerous members parade around saying "Americans are dumb and fat etc."?
    Take your own advise and get a sense of humor.

I'd much rather it was Top Gear presenting inaccurate opinions of cars as entertainment than Fox News presenting inaccurate opinions of the Dutch nation as factual news...
    The media is nothing but opinions, get used to it.

1 - The tyres on the Exige are not "racing" tyres - they are street legal and standard fit.

3 - Do you know if the car supplied to TG had runflats?
    I agree that GM is pretty dumb putting runflats on their sports car, even the Z06. Gm provided the vette for top gear, no? Its a stock Z51, and like all vettes (aside from the C5 Z06) its only tire option in a runflat.

Thread Information