Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '55 Shovelnose

'55 Shovelnose

Affectionaltely known as a "shovelnose", the 1955 Bel Air was and is a hot rod favorite, this car is done to more recent Pro Street mods, FI blower, areo body & large downforce wing, deflated drag slicks, 3-D graphics....
    & projectile sound speakers, so called because that is exactly what they will become the first time ya run this car on the street !!!...lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks like a 2 year old scribbled the pinstriping. The slicks look like they are spinning in a launch while the car is still. The shadows that you drew are not as crisp as the original ones. SOSDD, SAME OLD $HIT DIFFERENT DAY.

Wow sweet car in the lower right corner too bad you didn't make it bigger

DUDE THATS AWESOME! I would so drive that thing off a cliff........
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Bob..here , just ta show ya I am a decent guy. The full orig 55, Johnny, guess you never seen a deflated slick before, ever seen a deflated race slick ?? & the shadows are the same , tho I did forget to fix the front one, THX I will fix that, as for the pinstriping I dunno it is just compression, because they ar fully 3-D tubes on my picture orig ?..& badbang...THX !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 11-30-2006 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Bob..here , just ta show ya I am a decent guy. The full orig 55, Johnny, guess you never seen a deflated slick before, tuner cars dont have 'em...& badbang...THX !!
    Yes, I have seen a deflated slick(9psi) and it doesn't look like that when sitting still.
    http://drchop.smugmug.com/gallery/1691193/13/83082896
    (those tires are at 9psi, I don't know how much deflated yours are)

http://photosbyjim.smugmug.com/galle...29/1/100485439
    That is what I think you are trying to imitate, which happens during the launch.

Btw mr detroit, I autocross and help some drag teams. I have seen some slicks.

You had quite a nice, high resolution photograph to start with. Why did it lose half its size, go blurry, blotchy, and lose colour value?
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    You had quite a nice, high resolution photograph to start with. Why did it lose half its size, go blurry, blotchy, and lose colour value?
    ITS an ARTIST program!.... DUH!!!

That's good to know johnny,...& nice site !

These are at prb 4-5 psi & stittin still it wrinkles, It's just a notion, tho I have owned a '94 Vette drag racer,... 187mph 9 sec monster it was too, so trust me they do wrinkle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    ITS an ARTIST program!.... DUH!!!
    "#7 Today, 05:44 PM
    Esperante

You had quite a nice, high resolution photograph to start with. Why did it lose half its size, go blurry, blotchy, and lose colour value? "

Now ya know wat ...you may have hit upon the upload compression reason as to why I get that effect. I do resize the pixs to fit the various fourm formats and 800 is the standard size in many, but it does compress the image.
    hmmm.

THX, I'll se what I can do about this in the software, & btw Johnny, this was done in Adobe PS too !...LOL.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 11-30-2006 at 05:58 PM.

Let me help you out, then...

www.imageshack.us

In the meantime, I withold my judgement until I see a high resolution version of this chop.

Esp...yeah I have used Imageshack, but have been instructed to use other means ...BUT, I dont think thats the prob, tho I prefer to use Imageshack or Photobucket for uploads, I think I have had the studio guys here pixs reduce pixs for me....BEFORE I did the mods.
    My Mistake.
    For most commercial purposes that is OK, but for a really hi-deff look...well you know.
    I'm just doing another chop from a hi res pix, let's see if that one comes out better.

....& thank you for the interest.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 11-30-2006 at 06:58 PM.

For most commercial purposes that is OK, but for a really hi-deff look...well you know.
    I hate to say it, but I don't think I'd be seduced into buying something if it looked like the view through drunk goggles.

well NO...see sometimes when we do simple mods for customer cars, we reduce the image prior to the mods because it is easy & fast to make changes and scope out several directions on the same car....with my actual race art ...none of that is reduced. But alot of stuff has to be done fast here, like within minutes sometimes, so we keep a catalog of reduced images of typical cars and that is where I pulled my working pix from. So, like I said my mistake, but I will do another '55 again...right now it's a CRX I am doing.

BUT...like with this pix, you can still see, in spite of it's shortcomings technically in the uploading or whatever, the DESIGN elements clearly enough to understamd what is going on. I suppose that picking out the specific details is OK when anaylizing a chop, between people like you or me, as I do understand what you are saying...but for most people they would never see what you are talking about and so for them, this works just fine !!!

Thanks again for the POV.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 11-30-2006 at 07:14 PM.

well NO...see sometimes when we do simple mods for customer cars, we reduce the image prior to the mods because it is easy & fast to make changes and scope out several directions on the same car....with my actual race art ...none of that is reduced. But alot of stuff has to be done fast here, like within minutes sometimes, so we keep a catalog of reduced images of typical cars and that is where I pulled my working pix from. So, like I said my mistake, but I will do another '55 again...right now it's a CRX I am doing.
    You mean reductions in physical size are causing poor resolution? That can't be it, because when resizes are done in Photoshop, there's always blurring done to keep the resize as clean as the original. The only way you're getting low quality pics is because you're saving them at something like 4 quality or because you're applying silly filters over the image. I'm sorry but it just doesn't make any sense to me. Making an image smaller and crappier in quality doesn't really help make anything faster or more versatile, it just makes things more difficult and look worse, I think you'll find that out if you stop doing this with your claimed 'mods.' Low quality images don't even spare notable memory space.

Thread Information