Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi R8 Launch

Audi R8 Launch

here is R8 info you guys can use
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

It doesn't work.
    Dick: Marie de Salle's playing. You remember I told you about her. I like her. She's kind of Sheryl Crow-ish crossed with a post-Partridge Family pre-L.A. Law Susan Dey kind of thing, but, you know, uh, black.

it will only become available in Miod 2007 and Audi will built only 15 per day...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    it will only become available in Miod 2007 and Audi will built only 15 per day...
    15 too much...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

"The strongly accentuated rear end appears to flex its muscles like a sprinter ready for the off."

Come again? Is Jane Austen writing news releases for Audi now? Have they taken inspiration from Mary ****ing Shelly's Laudanum phase on that one?

How about these:
    "The sloping bonnet, utterly devoid of character lines, arcs from cowl to grille uneventfully, like the last ten minutes of a Sophia Coppola film."

"The headlights, as those of a hawk, endow the R8 with a piercing gaze that, like, sees your soul, like a hawk's looking at you. Like, you know how they do, up circling. Imagine you're a mouse. ... Hawk. You trip me the **** out, dude.
    KaCAAAAWww!"

"The strongly accentuated side-mounted radiator scoops protrude from the body, like a pair of sideways tits, screaming 'shit! Look at me!' before fainting."

"The evocative R8 badge on the rear deck's immediate juxtaposition, indeed, a proximity of such closeness as to imply attachment to the R8 über-sportscar, which appears to have been designed by people having never laid eyes on the R8 LeMans prototype, or for the matter, any racecar of the last seven decades, creates a fissure in the psyche of those experiencing the R8 - even, a chasm or cavity as defined in feminist literature, the ultimate effect being to render the R8 badge both mute, motionless, and poignant - as a child lost in a snowy wood — in the distance a howl of the wolves, possibly transcendent of the auto-celestial chromosphere, or a sprinter flexing his muscles ready for the off."

Corporate press people...

Anyway, probably a great car, objectively, but it'd be awful hard to get people turned off the 911, or worse for Audi, Gallardo. Best of luck to them, as far as I'm concerned, and their first step should be to fire VW A.G.'s PR and Advertising heads.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    Anyway, probably a great car, objectively, but it'd be awful hard to get people turned off the 911, or worse for Audi, Gallardo. Best of luck to them, as far as I'm concerned, and their first step should be to fire VW A.G.'s PR and Advertising heads.
    pricing in Germany: R8 104400 Euro
    compare an F430: 149700 Euro, almost 50% more....about the same price as a Gallardo.
    the 911 starts from 76741 Euro...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

That is one weird PDF file....

Maybe it's different in Europe - I hope it is, anyway, but in America, and maybe especially in the state of Arkansas, the division between the very rich and the very poor is sharp, without much in between.

I've always sort of assumed if people have $100,000 to spend on a "toy" car, they've probably got $150,000 or $200,000 they could just as easily part with if the more expensive car tickles their fancy.

I just don't think the R8 hits any of the emotive areas that make people shell out six figures for a car. It's got a sort of hobbled-together badge engineered race provenance, honest power from what is surely a great engine, and while I've not yet read any reviews from reputable magazines, I'm sure the roadholding and handling are great.

But where's the emotive factor with the R8; the "**** you, world" attitude of a Lamborghini, the old-money confidence of a Porsche, the soul of a Ferrari, or even the charm of an Aston Martin? It's a missing ingredient for this market, and Audi's advertising and marketing people are making a mistake, ITQHO, by relying too heavily on the R8 LMP's legacy. This car hasn't a whiff of the R8 racer about it, and I think people will see through the sleight of hand.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Originally Posted by LandQuail
    "The strongly accentuated rear end appears to flex its muscles like a sprinter ready for the off."

Come again? Is Jane Austen writing news releases for Audi now? Have they taken inspiration from Mary ****ing Shelly's Laudanum phase on that one?

How about these:
    "The sloping bonnet, utterly devoid of character lines, arcs from cowl to grille uneventfully, like the last ten minutes of a Sophia Coppola film."

"The headlights, as those of a hawk, endow the R8 with a piercing gaze that, like, sees your soul, like a hawk's looking at you. Like, you know how they do, up circling. Imagine you're a mouse. ... Hawk. You trip me the **** out, dude.
    KaCAAAAWww!"

"The strongly accentuated side-mounted radiator scoops protrude from the body, like a pair of sideways tits, screaming 'shit! Look at me!' before fainting."

"The evocative R8 badge on the rear deck's immediate juxtaposition, indeed, a proximity of such closeness as to imply attachment to the R8 über-sportscar, which appears to have been designed by people having never laid eyes on the R8 LeMans prototype, or for the matter, any racecar of the last seven decades, creates a fissure in the psyche of those experiencing the R8 - even, a chasm or cavity as defined in feminist literature, the ultimate effect being to render the R8 badge both mute, motionless, and poignant - as a child lost in a snowy wood — in the distance a howl of the wolves, possibly transcendent of the auto-celestial chromosphere, or a sprinter flexing his muscles ready for the off."

Corporate press people...

I couldn't agree more. LandQuail, you are a genius and a true comedian. Bravo.
    Last edited by john14; 12-03-2006 at 08:30 PM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

15 per day? That actually sounds reasonable for a car like this.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

The strongly accentuated side-mounted radiator scoops protrude from the body, like a pair of sideways tits, screaming 'shit! Look at me!' before fainting."
    DO quit your day job

Hilarious!

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I read about rumors of a diesel V12 R8 (probably reflecting Audi's wins at Le Mans this year). Has anyone else heard this?

Quote Originally Posted by john14
    I couldn't agree more. LandQuail, you are a genius and a true comedian. Bravo.
    Thanks.
    I just calls em' as I sees em.'
    I'm erudite ;-)

pricing in Germany: R8 104400 Euro
    compare an F430: 149700 Euro, almost 50% more....about the same price as a Gallardo.
    the 911 starts from 76741 Euro...
    could it end up being the corvette of the supercars?

Guy 1: "i want a lamborghini"

Guy 2: "oh yeah, i have a z06 thats faster and cheaper" <-- worst ****ing line EVER

Guy 1: " i want a 911"

Guy2: " i want an R8"

Guy 1 = pwned
    United States of Trance

Quote Originally Posted by BMW_Trance
    could it end up being the corvette of the supercars?

Guy 1: "i want a lamborghini"

Guy 2: "oh yeah, i have a z06 thats faster and cheaper" <-- worst ****ing line EVER

Guy 1: " i want a 911"

Guy2: " i want an R8"

Guy 1 = pwned
    The Corvette Z06 is significantly faster than the Lamborgaudi...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information