Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Porsche GTX4 concept

Well Mr B. I am not surprised by your comment at all, because "chopping cars" is what you are dealing with right now, not me & not exclusively that specific technique(s) either, I have other objectives for what I am doing, but it certainly includes "chopping".

I know ya cant see...but that dont mean ya cant open the eyes & look with the mind to find a personal meaning in the pictures, I dunno what that is to YOU or anyone else, I just put my personal feeling INTO it, but if all you look at ONLY what you expect to see you will be very sadly dissapointed in my pictures and dare I say in life.

Like Andy Warhol said, "Why should I paint a picture when I can get someone else to take a photograph of it for me ?"

Meaning;..making technically perfect pictures of exsisting objects is an outdated practice from the past. That "talent" has been replaced by a mechanical device so BUY a camera if thats what you want, and learn how to make terrific photos like WM does. That I can respect.

Making snide comments because YOU fail to Find any meaning beyond the "face value" of any given picture is your own fault, not mine. You guys are in the minority tho, as most people who have even less talent or abilty than you find ALOT more meaning in my work.

Think about it, for REAL this time, I know not every pix I do is gonna connect with everybody, or maybe even nobody...but it will and they do more often than not.

philosiphy 101 by MRDETROITMETAL. I know you guys are being honest in your comments to me for the most part here, & I would expect you to understand that my comments are nothing less than that as well.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 12-05-2006 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Well Mr B. I am not surprised by your comment at all, because "chopping cars" is what you are dealing with right now, not me & not exclusively that specific technique(s) either, I have other objectives for what I am doing, but it certainly includes "chopping".

I know ya cant see...but that dont mean ya cant open the eyes & look with the mind to find a personal meaning in the pictures, I dunno what that is to YOU or anyone else, I just put my personal feeling INTO it, but if all you look at ONLY what you expect to see you will be very sadly dissapointed in my pictures and dare I say in life.

Like Andy Warhol said, "Why should I paint a picture when I can get someone else to take a photograph of it for me ?"

Meaning;..making technically perfect pictures of exsisting objects is an outdated practice from the past. That "talent" has been replaced by a mechanical device so BUY a camera if thats what you want, and learn how to make terrific photos like WM does. That I can respect.

Making snide comments because YOU fail to Find any meaning beyond the "face value" of any given picture is your own fault, not mine. You guys are in the minority tho, as most people who have even less talent or abilty than you find ALOT more meaning in my work.

Think about it, for REAL this time, I know not every pix I do is gonna connect with everybody, or maybe even nobody...but it will and they do more often than not.

philosiphy 101 by MRDETROITMETAL. I know you guys are being honest in your comments to me for the most part here, & I would expect you to understand that my comments are nothing less than that as well.
    Outdated you say?

Digimods is THE largest virtual tuning site on the internet. The most experienced and talented choppers on that site have numerous talents including 3D and such. How has an "outdated practice" become the largest chopping community on the internet?

The experienced members have well paid jobs and pride themselves on their work, which is, suprise suprise "technically perfect pictures". The Peugot design competitions have a crucuial factor in their judging criteria - guess what it is? something along the lines of a "technically perfect picture". Even the homegrown design competitions run here in Australia in the past, run by Ford etc. have always seen presentations of clarity, extreme detail and professionalism as the go.

Your whole comment is extremely broad and laughable. If you really have studied art, you would understand that there are far more underlying and impacting symbols for good and evil rather than a silly cross and a picture of the devil. You have completely ignored factors such as light / dark and such that truly are symbols that would have more impact. Something I learnt about in art - with a stoned teacher btw.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Not nice to look at.I like GT3 a lot!
    I Love PORSCHE GT3!

Since we're on quotes, here's one:

"Art" is no longer art when you use "art" as an excuse. - Kooper, 2006.

I know ya cant see...but that dont mean ya cant open the eyes & look with the mind to find a personal meaning in the pictures,
    ok, tell me, what in this image am i supposed to relate to? what is so meaningful about it? please let me know.

you hide behind the claim that your images are deeply meaningful, but I cant see anything that would strike a chord inside people.

You guys are in the minority tho, as most people who have even less talent or abilty than you find ALOT more meaning in my work.
    WHO? Who are these people that love your work and find it meaningful. Can you link us to a forum where youve posted the same chops as here and people have thrown up their hands in praise?

If you are so good, and creating visually acurate (not to mention appealing) images is not important, why use someone elses photograph as a base? if realism is the enemy, dont have 90% of your picture be someone elses accurate representation of something. just make the whole image yourself with all your artistic skill and knowlege. and this is just ignoring the copyright issues of taking someone's clearly recognizable intellectual property and calling it your own.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

oh and out of curiosity, are you in the US? if so what state?
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

LOL...you have to find the meaning within yourself. I cant do that for you, I just do waht I do, others define it as Art because they have run out of otherwords to describe it, and I have been doing it for so long thay cant deny it.

& other sites where my work IS appreciated...;

http://www.carchops.com/f-car-chops-2.html/

http://forums.streetfire.net/forumdisplay.php?f=37

http://www.carcrazycentral.com/

http://www.dodgeforum.com/

...I can keep listing More if you want too!, like I said you are in the minority here. I got nothing against chopping real car pictures either, just as Art in terms of history and development of the disipline, it is a retrograde trend. That is not meant as a insult to anyone here, just that there is a bigger world scale picture I look towards, and that becomes my reference point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper
    Since we're on quotes, here's one:

"Art" is no longer art when you use "art" as an excuse. - Kooper, 2006.
    Thanks for the sig. That's one of the best quotes I've ever heard. Artistically I have a very liberal and open mind, but to me, it all boils down to the intent. Marcel Duchamp's intent was to mock art, not try really hard to paint Da Vinci's and then call it a mockery of art once he realized it wouldn't work like that.

And in terms of photoshopping cars, I think the same rules about architecture should apply to cars and their design. DESIGN IS ARTISANRY, NOT FULL BLOWN ART. To make an architecture parallel, if architecture were a full blown art, our cities would be littered in abstract buildings made to represent giant forks or Gehry-esque piles of metal because, since its art, it can't be questioned, because it has more significant meaning to it. This could not be further from the truth. It is the artisans job to make things beautiful and mark things with a personal style without creating shit the world has to bear. This is why Marcel Duchamp or Andy Warhol could never be architects.
    LOL...you have to find the meaning within yourself. I cant do that for you, I just do waht I do, others define it as Art because they have run out of otherwords to describe it, and I have been doing it for so long thay cant deny it.
    And I think you'll find that your work doesn't even satisfy yourself, which is by far the most important aspect there is. I can't honestly imagine that someone who takes so much care to **** up their own work would find themself within that work.

& other sites where my work IS appreciated...;

http://www.carchops.com/f-car-chops-2.html/
    In response to your Buick, the following was said.
    "I like the orignal more...."
    "I think the filled in area over the rear seats looks kind of patchy..... not that it looks bad, but you can clearly see a line where it goes from blue to bronze in color. You're also missing a line where the front of the trunk lid meets the body.

EDIT:
    You've definitely got some good skills, but taking a little more time for the details on your projects and not pumping out 3-4 a day would make your work SOOOO much better.

That's just my 2 cents at least." [Esp's note:THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE'VE BEEN TELLING YOU]
    "Yeah...and the chop looks a little blurry than the orignal!"

The following was said of your Buick
    "i like the now buick, but the vette is just horrible that cf is done pretty poorly, i know your just tryin to learn to do it but it needs alot of work"
    "u need to stop blurring your chops so much"

I won't look because I have to sign up to see (but I can probably predict eh resonses).
    Nothing was said of your chops.

...I can keep listing More if you want too!,
    I would highly encourage it. Because the responses from those forums are no different than what was said here before you started spewing the 'art' bullshit. 'It's not great, but you need to keep working at it.'

like I said you are in the minority here.
    When you have evidence to support this you can make that claim.
    I got nothing against chopping real car pictures either, just as Art in terms of history and development of the disipline, it is a retrograde trend. That is not meant as a insult to anyone here, just that there is a bigger world scale picture I look towards, and that becomes my reference point.
    And yet, it has nothing to do with crappy filters and poor quality.
    Last edited by Esperante; 12-06-2006 at 05:00 PM.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

You bring up a very good point.

Artisan.

One of my first business ventures was moble location recording for live radio & record albums, the name of the company is still (from 1978) Artisan Recorders, it is owned by a friend of mine even today. in that practice we had certian technical limitations to adhere to because as with Architecture there was a "USE" for the resulting product.

There is no use factor as a commidity in Art per se...THIS was the premise of Duchamp's Manifesto (if you care to read it I have it dloaded)..he was not mocking Art but pointing out the futility of "object gorification" and that Everything IS Art. John Cage did similar work in the music composition arts, pointing out how it is the "space between the sound" that is also music. Artisan's employ specific skills for a purpose, Artist's CREATE the conceptual base upon which the process depends, and are not bound to any specific technique or limitation in the practice of thier Art. The Concetual Art "Movement" was, 65 years after Duchamp, the expression of that concept he put forth as assimilated by artists worldwide. Warhol was a genuis in the application of artisans, as was DaVinci, & when he said "why should I do it..", it was because he did not need to, not that he could not, but as an ARTIST he is not required to do so. hey probably the most innovative artist in history was Jackson Pollack & he could not draw a straight line with a ruler !!!...but conceptually he was a master beyond equal, even tho that was Not his intent.

Artists intent can be one thing to them and what they do can end up being something they never intended to do, it was just the PROCESS to get it done.

Are you confused enough now ?...LOL.

perhaps the difference between us is "Intent"...but I could be wrong ! ...& it dose not matter anyway wat I think...lmao.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 12-06-2006 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Very blurry and generally MS Paint levels of unrealism. My opinion.
    Yep.

And a riced car wouldn't be parked on La Sarthe

read this

"looks kinda nice, a bit fake tho prb from the color as said& the Mercilago front is ah smudgy...but ..."

from the man who ruined a vette' with carbon overkill that had a weave larger than my palm...

http://forums.streetfire.net/showthread.php?t=13232
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

yeah but mine was intentional....his was just not.

Big difference in Concept.
    Evaluate someting upon IT's own merit,
    not as compared to whatever...apples to oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Thanks for the sig. That's one of the best quotes I've ever heard. Artistically I have a very liberal and open mind, but to me, it all boils down to the intent. Marcel Duchamp's intent was to mock art, not try really hard to paint Da Vinci's and then call it a mockery of art once he realized it wouldn't work like that.

My pleasure Esperante! I actually have to thank you, I feel flattered to have my quote as your sig, so thanks to you!

Thread Information